Staying but agree with the reasons behind walkout
- 15 (19.2%)
Staying disagree with the walk out
- 26 (33.3%)
Already boycotting
- 16 (20.5%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Saturday's walk out  (Read 11212 times)

JMF

Saturday's walk out
« on: March 15, 2017, 11:51:27 AM »

What is your intention on Saturday?

York Alty is back

Re: Saturday's walk out
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 11:52:37 AM »

I won't be vocal post walkout as that is part of the exercise.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 12:02:17 PM »

You missed out "not going anyway due to clashing commitments".

Frosty

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 02:56:07 PM »

Thriving

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 03:20:56 PM »

That poll just confirms how divided the fan base is! I've not voted, as I've not decided yet. I want to go back to ML and support the team, especially as they appear to be more than half arsed now. However, I think Mr. Rowley should do the honorable thing and fall on his sword. Will he do so if I continue to boycott? Probably not. Whether I go or not, i DO respect what those who are walking out are doing, i just wonder if an open letter to the board would have been the next logical step rather than a walk out.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 03:49:35 PM »

People are entitled to do what they want, but I for one will be watching the game with 2 others.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 02:31:04 PM »

I won't be wasting a 90 min car drive and money I have spent on a season ticket to walk out after 15 mins.

Everyone's entitled to do what they choose and hope you all make the choice which is right for you.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 05:30:46 PM »

I have thought long and hard about what I am going to do on Saturday

I have decided to save my money and spend the time with my family

This season has seen me attend the least games in a season I can recall which is a real shame

I'm hoping next season starts a new chapter for the club and we put the last 18 months behind us

ParkINson's red and white army

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 07:42:52 PM »

I've been pondering what to do on Saturday. I totally want to walk out on 15 minutes as Rowley needs to resign as Chairman but it's also a long drive there and back from Shropshire.

I think I'll go to walk out and then stop just before the gates and quietly go back to watching the game, that way I've made my protest and also not wasted the petrol to get there (60 miles each way).

York Alty is back

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 08:02:31 PM »

I've been pondering what to do on Saturday. I totally want to walk out on 15 minutes as Rowley needs to resign as Chairman but it's also a long drive there and back from Shropshire.

I think I'll go to walk out and then stop just before the gates and quietly go back to watching the game, that way I've made my protest and also not wasted the petrol to get there (60 miles each way).

Same with me.

Frosty

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 05:51:26 AM »

Same with me.

To stay is to show support for rowley but thats just my opinion. Each to their own

York Alty is back

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 07:25:50 AM »

Same with me.

To stay is to show support for rowley but thats just my opinion. Each to their own

I will have paid the best part of fifty notes to travel and see a game. I'm seeing the game.

If fifty quid is easy money or you live local then fine, pay and walk out.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 07:40:55 AM »

Same with me.

No it's not.

To stay is to not show support to those who are walking out. Simple as that.

I can show a lack of support to Rowley, if I chose to, in many other ways.

I want to watch tomorrow's match and will be doing so irrespective of who the chairman, manager and players are. I have done this for 30 + years and will hopefully do so for another 30 + years.

Personally I think tomorrow's walk out being a damp squib and all it will do is create a divide in, and animosity between, the supporters both during and certainly after the game.

After tomorrow's walkout there will still be the ill feelings towards the Board but there will then be the added issue of a divide in the supporters.

That's just my opinion. Each to their own.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 07:42:40 AM »

Same with me.

I will have paid the best part of fifty notes to travel and see a game. I'm seeing the game.

If fifty quid is easy money or you live local then fine, pay and walk out.

Likewise

Matt Taylor

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 08:36:16 AM »

Same with me.

No it's not.

To stay is to not show support to those who are walking out. Simple as that.

I can show a lack of support to Rowley, if I chose to, in many other ways.

I want to watch tomorrow's match and will be doing so irrespective of who the chairman, manager and players are. I have done this for 30 + years and will hopefully do so for another 30 + years.

Personally I think tomorrow's walk out being a damp squib and all it will do is create a divide in, and animosity between, the supporters both during and certainly after the game.

After tomorrow's walkout there will still be the ill feelings towards the Board but there will then be the added issue of a divide in the supporters.

That's just my opinion. Each to their own.

I think it's fair enough if people have paid money and want to stay and watch the game. The idea of people paying £14 to watch 90 mins of football, to then leave after 15 mins is essentially bonkers. But I suppose that's also what makes it so unique (and probably the reason it's had so much media interest over the past week).

And so, it  really depends what you mean by a damp squib. I actually think that just one person paying to get in and leaving after 15 mins is a strong message. The fact a group of people feel strongly enough to make their own point against the chairman in this way shouldn't be brushed under the carpet because others want to watch the game they've paid to see. Incidentally, there is so much under that carpet now, that there probably isn't any room left for it anyway.

We all know what is dividing people. We surely can't start next season with the club so fractured in such an important season? This view from within the club that a couple of wins will change everyone's opinion is deluded. Whatever anyone's own personal opinion of him is, GR needs to put the football before his own agenda, and announce his intention to stand down so that the football club can move forward.

Anyway, does anyone know or decided which game is being shown in the Tatton?

Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Saturday's walk out