https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buzz
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Buzz  (Read 6419 times)

Bath Alty

Re: Buzz
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 10:21:01 PM »

I think this is completely out of order and totally unprofessionally by Matt Doughty. Its clear he is trying to force the Board's hand and I'm surprised Rowley has allowed this to go ahead. If he is being given the job then its an unmitigated disaster which will do nothing to bring the fans and club together and if he isn't, then he's out of a job in 6 weeks so why do we need to know his views.

Either the way the ball is firmly in the Board's court to front up and tell us what's going on. I wasn't planning on walking out next week but I am now considering it. If Doughty gets the job though I'm finished with the Club anyway.

Bizarre - what option did they have.

"Board refuse to let manager talk to fans"  how much stick would they have got for that?  Fans generally calling for more info and contact and building bridges between those that run the club and the fans and then moan when they set up a opportunity to talk.  Utterly unbelievable the things people will take offence at on here

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 10:39:07 PM »

Communication has been sadly lacking at the club of late

If Matt wants to do this fair play

ParkINson's red and white army

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 11:26:35 PM »

I think this is completely out of order and totally unprofessionally by Matt Doughty. Its clear he is trying to force the Board's hand and I'm surprised Rowley has allowed this to go ahead. If he is being given the job then its an unmitigated disaster which will do nothing to bring the fans and club together and if he isn't, then he's out of a job in 6 weeks so why do we need to know his views.

Either the way the ball is firmly in the Board's court to front up and tell us what's going on. I wasn't planning on walking out next week but I am now considering it. If Doughty gets the job though I'm finished with the Club anyway.

Bizarre - what option did they have.

"Board refuse to let manager talk to fans"  how much stick would they have got for that?  Fans generally calling for more info and contact and building bridges between those that run the club and the fans and then moan when they set up a opportunity to talk.  Utterly unbelievable the things people will take offence at on here

I'm all for greater communication, but question Doughty's motives. I don't think it will build bridges, but put more pressure on the Board. Not sure how we would have found out , if "Board refuse to let manager talk to fans" its quite reasonable for the Board to say this isn't the right time. 

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 11:57:39 PM »

You can look at this from lots of angles.

Chairman feels it's a way of softening the fans up for a decision already made
Chairman sticking head in sand rather than making decision
Chairman unwilling to risk rocking the boat further by saying the meeting can't happen
Matt trying to influence chairman's decision
Matt trying to get fans to influence chairman's decision
Matt just wanting to reach out to fans before he is fired

There's lots there for the conspiracy theorists to have a go at.
Why not just pitch up and take it at face value?

Personally I would have a lot of sympathy if he said I can't stop the ship from sinking because the squad can't be beefed up enough with what is out there.
I would like to give him a chance next season but I realise we would run the risk of being in exactly the same position if after ten games Matt proved not to be up to it and we had to go recruiting again.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 06:51:12 PM »

Whilst its good for the manager to hold these things, i do find it strange the stressing from Buzz that its him organizing the forum.

It would have made sense for the forum to take place after being arranged by a board member, but hey.

After all the criticism given against the chairman for lacking communication, is this just another example that he's lost confidence from more than just a few fans??

This could easily have been a PR plus for the chairman, which clearly it is not now.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2017, 07:00:38 PM »

Despite the fact I am generally becoming resigned to relegation I will still go this meeting. I rarely post on here now and certainly don't read the sites so often. I am sorry to say  I am losing interest in the club, which is very sad after 42 years supporting them.

Perhaps the meeting will give a better idea from the players/management point of view. I hope so because I am beginning to take more interest in what MUFC are doing as opposed to Alty at present.

This forum no longer makes good reading, and I am at a loss as to what the various factions are going to do about the future of our club. I hope what Graham said about the dressing room is correct, if the team started winning on a more regular basis then I may get my belief back.

Maybe the meeting may help us all understand, someone somewhere put the brakes on our decline!!

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2017, 09:34:40 PM »

Despite the fact I am generally becoming resigned to relegation I will still go this meeting. I rarely post on here now and certainly don't read the sites so often. I am sorry to say  I am losing interest in the club, which is very sad after 42 years supporting them.

Perhaps the meeting will give a better idea from the players/management point of view. I hope so because I am beginning to take more interest in what MUFC are doing as opposed to Alty at present.

This forum no longer makes good reading, and I am at a loss as to what the various factions are going to do about the future of our club. I hope what Graham said about the dressing room is correct, if the team started winning on a more regular basis then I may get my belief back.

Maybe the meeting may help us all understand, someone somewhere put the brakes on our decline!!

You're a touch late to the party.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buzz