Buzz
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Buzz  (Read 6420 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Buzz
« on: March 08, 2017, 01:05:02 PM »

Matt Doughty and Robbie Lawton are inviting supporters to quiz them on all aspects of first-team affairs at the Community Sports Hall next Tuesday evening. Full details on the club website.

bighairedmike

Re: Buzz
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 01:56:52 PM »

John, any chance of live-streaming this on Facebook as with the last one? I'm working.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 02:41:21 PM »

John, any chance of live-streaming this on Facebook as with the last one? I'm working.

Good idea

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 03:00:01 PM »

Whatever people's thoughts about him, fair play to the man for doing this. He didn't have to and it won't be rigged like that bloody review was the other week.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:27:41 PM by brianrooney26 »

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 03:33:10 PM »

Fair play to both for this but I can't help feel that they shouldn't be the people answerable to our frustrations, It seems wrong to let Doughty and Lawton face the difficult questions about the clubs position when they have arrived with the damage done long before and in an almost impossible position. Surely there are others at the club more accountable for the current league position.

I get from the website that it was their own idea and fair enough but shouldn't these questions have been what the public meeting the other week with the clubs hierarchy should've been about rather than the fairly tame affair it was?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 03:34:30 PM »

Fair play indeed, the simple questions for me is where does he believe he has failed so far in terms of getting us scoring goals and being a threat? Is it down to recruitment, tactics, training, man management, all of these and more?

Or maybe he believes he's done the best you could hope to do with our group of players and whats available on the market?

Its honestly hard to say whether he's done a good job or not, we're so sh1t and have been for so long.  

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 03:57:54 PM »

We're looking into providing live Facebook coverage, as happened at the strategic review presentation. More details as and when.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 04:22:14 PM »

I don't mean to sound negative, but what could there possibly be worth discussing with a temporary manager at this stage of the season? Nothing wrong with a manager answering questions from supporters, but the timing seems strange to me.
The manager has (apparently) not yet been decided for next season, and the rest of this season is surely just a case of playing out the remaining games anyway.

I'd be surprised if many turned up.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 05:52:10 PM »

Well I think that confirms that Matt and Robbie will be in charge next season. It would be poor form (as well as a total waste of time) for G Rowley to allow them to do a fans forum and then tell them they aren't in charge later the same month.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:53:46 PM by AFC56 »

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 06:51:06 PM »

Well I think that confirms that Matt and Robbie will be in charge next season. It would be poor form (as well as a total waste of time) for G Rowley to allow them to do a fans forum and then tell them they aren't in charge later the same month.
Decision to be taken at the March board meeting. Stinks of a done deal.

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 07:02:48 PM »

Do we know when the march board meeting was/is? I reckon Doughty is going to announce he has the job on the night.

GB Alty

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 07:24:31 PM »

Do we know when the march board meeting was/is? I reckon Doughty is going to announce he has the job on the night.
well that would be announcement that I don't think the club would ever recover from and that most fans would never accept

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 10:15:40 PM »

I think this is completely out of order and totally unprofessionally by Matt Doughty. Its clear he is trying to force the Board's hand and I'm surprised Rowley has allowed this to go ahead. If he is being given the job then its an unmitigated disaster which will do nothing to bring the fans and club together and if he isn't, then he's out of a job in 6 weeks so why do we need to know his views.

Either the way the ball is firmly in the Board's court to front up and tell us what's going on. I wasn't planning on walking out next week but I am now considering it. If Doughty gets the job though I'm finished with the Club anyway.

GB Alty

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 11:35:32 PM »

Is it just me or does anyone else cringe every time they read or listen to a Matt Doughty interview?

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 12:00:04 AM »

It's not just you.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buzz