Boston
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Boston  (Read 6144 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Boston
« on: June 02, 2007, 05:43:37 PM »

Anybody know how the meeting of all the parties involved went?

It was the FA, Conference, Boston, and the potential investors.

I have heard or seen nothing, but thought they met Wed/Thurs last week?

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: Boston
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 07:30:55 PM »

Next week.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 09:29:54 PM »

I thought they were meeting before the conference agm?

Otherwise they will sneak in?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 09:35:42 PM »

If you look on the main website, the meeting was LAST THURSDAY!!

Strange there was no comment!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 10:51:02 PM »

Much as I'd die for a reprieve and at the expense of Boscum, I feel they'll sneak in, and more than likely as someone said earlier do a Newport. Really hope not as they represent everything that is wrong in today's game, particularly at our level where rules seem to be haphazard.

We at least can stand heads high and say we did things properly and legally.

Funny thing is I started watching Alty in 1971, and my old man hated Boston then, Jim Smith, Howard Wilkinson et al!

I remember the NPL cup final in about 73-74 who did actually tw&t Jimmy Kabia or is it folklore..............Gazelle, ?

Also, wasn't Kabia involved in the accidental on pitch challenge that lead to the death of Scarborough player Tony Aveyard, forever immortalised at the Golf Rd in the song TA is in the GY! Oh dear, times do change.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 09:18:55 AM »

remember Scarborough had a smilair meeting but found out at the AGM if they were accepted or not.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 09:31:14 AM »

The takeover of Boston United must go through next week or it never will, chief executive Barrie Pierpoint has warned. Standing Alone Limited's acquisition of the debt-ridden club moved a step closer this week following positive talks with the game's authorities. Pilgrims chairman Jim Rodwell and Standing Alone met with the Football Association, This meeting?

"Football League and Nationwide Conference... 'I've had a brief chat with them (Standing Alone) and they were happy with the outcome', Pierpoint told the Echo yesterday. 'I'll be speaking with them again over the weekend. The authorities wanted to know that things like finance will be in place for next season and everyone came away happy. There are still a few things that need tidying up, like payment to football creditors. Then, finally, Standing Alone need to purchase Lavaflow's shares. Things should be finalised next week. They have to be because we are getting to the stage where deadlines need to be met.'... Standing Alone and Lavaflow are still yet to agree on a price for the shares. Pierpoint admits the club cannot even think about installing ex-manager Steve Evans' successor until the takeover is rubber-stamped. But he did reveal the number of applications had soared to around a dozen. One is from former United player and assistant manager Neil Redfearn... Pilgrims' captain Paul Ellender has already championed the cause of his former team-mate. 'I would be absolutely delighted if Neil got the job', said the long-serving defender... The Nationwide Conference would not confirm whether Boston will take their place in the renamed Blue Square Premier League next season. The league will release a statement next week"

thegazelle

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 01:52:10 PM »

memories of the NPL cup final are hazy and surprisingly not a drink related haze just old age.think we lost 3-2 . if i remember correctly a certain mr birch ran on the pitch and tried to molest a boston player(possibly jim kabia). mass invasion at the final whistle and lots of pushing and shoving and i think the trophies got knicked of the presentation table, def a bad tempered end to events. i even sent an abusive letter to Boston obviously not signed and from somebody elses address because i was so upset. oh god the polkice will probably get me for that now i have owned up can you be prosecuted 35 years later for something you did when you were 13

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 03:48:23 PM »

You didn't lick the envelope did you? DNA mate, its probably going through forensics right now!

As its confessions time anyone have an inkling as to how the Drill field pitch got a bit of nocturnal gardening done back in the late 70's early 80's?

thegazelle

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 03:45:10 PM »

it wasnt me i couldnt get over the fence.Not that i was anywhere near northwich at the time, however i knew several men that could.!!!!!!!!!

All of them nameless and some of them fine upstanding members of the community

Nice one SW had forgotten about that incident i wonder what the said people would do to make sure their children didnt find out about that one.  A game of blackmail with allproceeds to the club could be on here.

I am sure, as i would, that they would be a tad more cautious on opening a bottle of Clan dew (if it still exists) these days. An outrageous and childish incident but even the adult in me still sniggers quietly and i am glad not more was made of it at the time. or perhaps certain people in the salt mines kept it quiet as it was somethig of an embarrasment
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 03:53:32 PM by thegazelle »

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 04:35:13 PM »

Having looked at Boston's forum it appears (from their local newspaper reports) that they are confident of being sorted out ahead of the AGM this weekend. However, I won't believe anything with the Conference until it's finalised - always expect the unexpected!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 04:43:58 PM »

Ah Clan dew! A teenage rites of passage drink, probably usurped today by Bacardi Breezers.

We used to sit in the launderette on cold nights with bottles of Merrydown. Funny how no one ever came in to do their washing! ???

I had a fine collection of street furniture and roadworks stuff!

thegazelle

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 05:35:13 PM »

I still sit in launderettes drinking merrydown is there anything wrong with that?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 09:08:24 PM »

It's on Confguide that Boston might be going into liquidation and a new club starting in the Unibond First.
Anyone else heard this?
I suppose it will be in the NLP tomorrow!  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ashley Alty

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 09:11:10 PM »

Don't believe everything you read in the NLP.  They are only journalists after all............. ;)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boston