PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stats Zone Founder to join the team
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Stats Zone Founder to join the team  (Read 10898 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 02, 2017, 08:35:26 PM »

Rob Esteva, founder of the Stats Zone - one of the market leaders in Football performance evaluation - is bringing the power of his organisation to bear to help drive us forward.

See main site.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stats Zone Founder to join the team
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:39:13 PM »

Excellent news.

Exactly the type of person who should be getting involved.

Even more surprising given that he wasn't well known to the posters on this forum.  ::)
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 09:12:07 PM »

The more people we can get on board (in the literal and non literal sense) the better. This area is teeming with Professional people that can help drive this club forward. They should be queing up to join the board of this football club. Let's hope more and more are welcomed in and the closed shop vibe that has been given off for so long (and it has regardless of what people say) is a thing of the past. We're aiming to be a club for the whole Community, well let's make sure there's a 10/15 strong board of directors. Get these shares clawed back in from the people that haven't been for 20 years and get them up for sale, tell the multimillions worth of both wealth and talent sat in a 3 mile radius of the stadium That we are very much open for business, open for ideas and open for investment
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:13:50 PM by Balthazar Randypole »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 09:29:00 PM »

Superb news. Lets hope it makes a difference
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 10:31:29 PM »

Just read his statement on the main site. Exactly what we need !

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 10:42:00 PM »

There's no one out there remember.....
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 10:45:16 PM »

Means nothing unless we have the right manager in post - and reading that article increasingly sounds like it going to be Matt Doughty

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 11:02:18 PM »

I agree, on Sunday it looked like a new manager might be on the cards, but tonight maybe not. If Matt Doughty is in charge come August I'll be finding something else to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 11:05:17 PM »

Welcome Rob and your team. Wish you success with us. Excellent news I think.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 11:29:46 PM »

Means nothing unless we have the right manager in post - and reading that article increasingly sounds like it going to be Matt Doughty

That may or may not be the case, but I've no idea how you deduce that from reading that article. He only mentions Matt once and that is in relation to the upcoming Telford game. At every other point in the piece he is very careful to refer to "the manger" and not any individual in particular and in fact even goes on to talk about preparing for a next manager.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 11:40:02 PM »

That may or may not be the case, but I've no idea how you deduce that from reading that article. He only mentions Matt once and that is in relation to the upcoming Telford game. At every other point in the piece he is very careful to refer to "the manger" and not any individual in particular and in fact even goes on to talk about preparing for a next manager.

Even the birthstead of Baby Jesus can't help us now.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 11:43:57 PM »

pmsl......very good
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

York Alty is back

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2017, 12:14:22 AM »

pmsl......very good
Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh signed for us yet?

GB Alty

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2017, 12:21:01 AM »

It stands out quite clearly to me, for example

"Right now, plans have to be drawn up for next season. It has to be promotion, and the planning has to start now"

"I'll be meeting the manager and his assistant to start formulating some plans and ideas"

We need to get the manager right first, until then the whole thing is just pie in the sky

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2017, 12:29:20 AM »

"Right now, plans have to be drawn up for next season. It has to be promotion, and the planning has to start now"

"I'll be meeting the manager and his assistant to start formulating some plans and ideas"

I agree Doughty is not the man for the job.

However, I still don't see how that confirms anything. Every football club the length and breadth of the land and further afield always talk about the present incumbent in those sort of terms. He's hardly going to say "I won't be talking to Matt about any plans, because he won't be here next season" now is he? No business runs like that, even if you know in the back of your mind that  is the case, you are not going to openly state it until decisions have been made and the relevant people told. I think he leaves it wide open and you can't deduce anything from that article.

Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team