PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home  (Read 42836 times)

Spring

Re: Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2017, 06:54:55 PM »

Sponge

The current vote for Rowley Out being conducted on this site by Jezza only has a 27% vote for Rowley Out .....does that constitute most?

Leon

It is noted how confident you are that there is a long list of candidates ready to step up to be abused by the Alty faithful. 

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2017, 06:57:17 PM »

You have the distinction of being the first person to say something constructive rather than purely attacking  me on the grounds that it is a different opinion from the other 99% who are on this site.

Once again, I refer you to the post by Fabio Bassangue's English Tutor which comprehensively answered your question about what the supporters you choose to question do to help the club. Reread it for it refers to many of those who feel totally disenfranchised under the current set up. I doubt you will though as you appear to be more blinkered than those you challenge from your far off ivory tower.

I will repeat, even YOU are entitled to your opinion. People will have different views and I have no problem with that, but you choose to cherry pick from the responses to suit your own agenda. I'll even provide you with a link to Fabio's post to make it easy for you:

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=22284.msg261483#msg261483
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2017, 07:13:40 PM »

Sponge

The current vote for Rowley Out being conducted on this site by Jezza only has a 27% vote for Rowley Out .....does that constitute most?

Leon

It is noted how confident you are that there is a long list of candidates ready to step up to be abused by the Alty faithful. 

A more accurate way of putting that would be 38/50 (76%) who have voted so far want Graham Rowley to step down as Chairman. Many would be content for him to still have some kind of role on the community side but anyone who has seen our utterly lamentable demise with him signing off the decisions over the last two seasons cannot seriously be content with him staying on a Chairman. I stlll think you are spectacularly missing Leon's point. 'Step up to be abused', let's see the charge sheet: Maligned our support in the national press, appointed managers on personal relations and sentiment and not what's best for the club, presided over our impending relegation to our lowest level in our 113 year history, should I go on...

(Been watching since 1986 Spring, have sponsored players, name above the bar, went to Torquay and Exeter away in the same week etc etc so hope i meet you criterion to be entitiled to an opinion)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2017, 07:18:30 PM »

Cherry picking at its finest again eh? Damn lies and statistics as they say.

27% on that poll want him gone completely, but there are another 48% that want him to step down as chairman. So, once again, not that it really matters as you could argue about the statistical significance of a straw poll of online supporters being extrapolated to the general support, that poll shows (currently) that over 75% want him gone as chairman.

Anyone for cherries?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2017, 07:45:40 PM »

Regarding the maligning of supporters. Is there absolute proof of what was said. I know he has denied saying things and did again on Sunday and said he had asked for a retraction but has had no response.

Was the conversation recorded?

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2017, 07:48:28 PM »

I don't see why not, they can't keep us locked in the ground if we wish to be let out.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from but it was just the next home game so that's why it's been chosen. We will probably lose anyway...

time out the club have given stewards permission to open gate one which is the gate at the end of golf road /popular side of ground the gate will be opened at 15-15 to let you all out.

Time to go

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2017, 07:49:54 PM »

Thanks whisky

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2017, 07:50:37 PM »

Regarding the maligning of supporters. Is there absolute proof of what was said. I know he has denied saying things and did again on Sunday and said he had asked for a retraction but has had no response.

The reporter in question has been contacted personally on several occasions and has categorically stated that GR has not been in touch with him since despite having his number in his phone. So somebody is telling lies. You may choose to believe that it is the reporter, but in this instance he has nothing to gain by telling lies, whereas GR arguably does.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2017, 08:10:11 PM »

At midnight, after the meeting, I had posted that I accepted Grahame Rowley's comments about the press interview and that, on balance, he should remain as chairman, with the caveat that he needed to retain the fans' support. I also note Uncle Globnasty's comment about the reporter.

However, I have now reversed that decision. Let me try to explain why.

Every time something bad happens there seems to be an attack on the supporters from a third party, to deflect criticism and force the supporters to justify themselves. We had a disgusted police officer at Trafford, Neil Young after his resignation and now Spring suddenly appears at the time of this protest (at least, Spring has posted his own comments rather than had them "reported" by someone else). I really don't think this is coincidence.

Now, we are having to justify how much we volunteer for the club, how long we have supported them or whether we would spend any reduction in admission price on beer, rather than discuss the running of the club. Whether or not this is coincidence, it demonstrates some peoples' contempt for supporters.

PS I used to live more than 200 miles away, but still got to quite a few games (not that I would blame any exile for missing games this season!)

DidsburyAlty

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2017, 08:40:46 PM »

The past doesn't equal the future

I'm sure I've read that somewhere

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2017, 08:57:37 PM »

The reporter in question has been contacted personally on several occasions and has categorically stated that GR has not been in touch with him since despite having his number in his phone. So somebody is telling lies. You may choose to believe that it is the reporter, but in this instance he has nothing to gain by telling lies, whereas GR arguably does.

I'll have to disagree with you there. He had a story to write to please his paymasters and he has a reputation to protect.

Football is full of this kind of stuff and without a recording I'm not willing to believe either account. Either one of them could be lying. If you talk to any solicitor they will tell you that often in court both protagonists believe their version of events is the absolute truth. Rolf Harris still thinks he is innocent.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2017, 09:05:34 PM »

I'll have to disagree with you there. He had a story to write to please his paymasters and he has a reputation to protect.

Football is full of this kind of stuff and without a recording I'm not willing to believe either account. Either one of them could be lying. If you talk to any solicitor they will tell you that often in court both protagonists believe their version of events is the absolute truth. Rolf Harris still thinks he is innocent.

The story was already written, done and dusted. He could just as easily keep his reputation in tact by saying he wasn't going to change his story as it was the truth. He had nothing to gain by saying GR had not contacted him.

Add to that GR's past record in comments regarding supporters in the press and indeed in the programme and you may not think 2 and 2 equals 4, but it's certainly somewhere in the vicinity.

As I said, you are entitled to your opinion and I'm sure this won't change it, but there's one hell of a lot of circumstantial evidence even if you can't convict on that alone.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2017, 09:36:07 PM »

Sponge

Leon

I did not say there was a long list of candidates - I doubt there would be - but a long list of possible sources for two or three good candidates to come forward.

And can you please give me an instance of GR being abused by the Alty faithful?

Spring

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2017, 11:19:55 PM »

Thanks for the comments, it has been interesting to gauge the strength of reaction and I will now resist in infuriating any of you any more. Please understand it was dome for the best of motives and purely was my initiative......I don't know anyone in 'power' at the club.

I still think walk outs are empty and negative gestures but I do respect that most of you are nearer the coalface and have had to suffer the footballing disaster at first hand. Personally I would have preferred something a bit more constructive with a more positive end in mind for all parties.

Has there ever been talk about a Spectator Representative being given a place on the Board with a specific remit to be the bridge between the Board and the spectators?

Is there any mileage in an open letter signed by supporters thanking Mr Rowley for all the work he puts into the club but suggesting it would be a two way win if he reverted back to vice chairman and that a new Chairman was elected ?

Incidentally does anybody know the background as to why Mr Shaw left the board? Would he have liked to be Chairman?

Here's hoping for a result tomorrow night but only the most extreme optimist would not think our relegation is not assured.

Over and out to the relief of most of you!!!!

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2017, 12:16:38 AM »

Thanks for the comments, it has been interesting to gauge the strength of reaction and I will now resist in infuriating any of you any more. Please understand it was dome for the best of motives and purely was my initiative......I don't know anyone in 'power' at the club.

I still think walk outs are empty and negative gestures but I do respect that most of you are nearer the coalface and have had to suffer the footballing disaster at first hand. Personally I would have preferred something a bit more constructive with a more positive end in mind for all parties.

Has there ever been talk about a Spectator Representative being given a place on the Board with a specific remit to be the bridge between the Board and the spectators?

Is there any mileage in an open letter signed by supporters thanking Mr Rowley for all the work he puts into the club but suggesting it would be a two way win if he reverted back to vice chairman and that a new Chairman was elected ?

Incidentally does anybody know the background as to why Mr Shaw left the board? Would he have liked to be Chairman?

Here's hoping for a result tomorrow night but only the most extreme optimist would not think our relegation is not assured.

Over and out to the relief of most of you!!!!

You have some good points there. Obviously, emotions are running high currently, and people, or I at least, can be sensitive to any perceived criticism, but I am sure you posted for the good of the club and I am sorry if I impugned your motives.

One of the recommendations at the meeting was to have a supporter representative on the board, which the board did seem quite keen to take on.

As for the open letter. Yes, that seems like a constructive suggestion to allow him to step back a little with dignity which a lot of people, me included, would find easier to support than a walk out, but I can't see it having any more effect than the poll on the other thread; you could argue that both are self selecting and some people probably will.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Walkout planned for Stalybridge at home