News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well played today.

Author Topic: Well played today.  (Read 3053 times)

Hulme Robin

Well played today.
« on: March 04, 2017, 07:23:40 PM »

We dominated the game for long spells. Their keeper on loan from Shrewsbury Town kept them in it, they get a very lucky deflection right at the death. I though Gary Jones was easily man of the match. We had the Incredible Hulk in goal- couldn't do anything about the goal and more or less had the afternoon off due to how much possession Alty had.
Such a shame we came away empty handed but well played nethertheless - can't fault the effort the lads gave today.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well played today.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 07:32:14 PM »

We dominated the game for long spells. Their keeper on loan from Shrewsbury Town kept them in it, they get a very lucky deflection right at the death. I though Gary Jones was easily man of the match. We had the Incredible Hulk in goal- couldn't do anything about the goal and more or less had the afternoon off due to how much possession Alty had.
Such a shame we came away empty handed but well played nethertheless - can't fault the effort the lads gave today.
from what I have seen of Gary Jones he has been one of the best players to have joined us this season.  Incredible given his age .

ParkINson's red and white army

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 07:42:51 PM »

Unlucky my arse. If you don't score goals you don't win games.

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 08:07:40 PM »

I am going to agree with most of what Forza writes. I think Alty played well with plenty of effort from everyone. I don't think that Forza says Alty were unlucky. 1-0 is 1-0 but Alty did deserve the win on the balance of play, easily. I would agree with anyone who says we were lacking someone with a striker's nose for goal.

Frosty

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 08:25:30 PM »

Thriving

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 08:39:40 PM »

I am going to agree with most of what Forza writes. I think Alty played well with plenty of effort from everyone. I don't think that Forza says Alty were unlucky. 1-0 is 1-0 but Alty did deserve the win on the balance of play, easily. I would agree with anyone who says we were lacking someone with a striker's nose for goal.
where was Damien?
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 08:39:55 PM »

Its a farce. For a team to struggle to score and to have Reeves not even on the bench fuk off.

He might have lost a yard of pace but still the only natural goal scorer in the 53 players we've used. To publicly come out and slate half m twice is the poorest form of man management ive ever witnessed.

Im pretty much done with the 3 amigos
Full time and proud of it

GB Alty

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 09:40:16 PM »

Its a farce. For a team to struggle to score and to have Reeves not even on the bench fuk off.

He might have lost a yard of pace but still the only natural goal scorer in the 53 players we've used. To publicly come out and slate half m twice is the poorest form of man management ive ever witnessed.

Im pretty much done with the 3 amigos
fully agree its a total farce

Doughty out

York Alty is back

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 10:14:16 PM »

Rowley Out.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well played today.