News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worcester Chairman's comments

Author Topic: Worcester Chairman's comments  (Read 2860 times)

roytonmike

« on: February 14, 2017, 02:10:12 PM »

From his column in a recent match programme, as reported on our club website -
"One of the main issues with the league ... is the lack of budget caps on players' wages and the weight of money coming in from the newer clubs that have entered this league. It makes it virtually impossible to compete at a level that is going to please everybody and we will need to wake up to that fact sooner or later."
This is of course from the perspective of a club which is obliged to ground-share and is currently under considerable financial pressure (as witness the fact that all their players are effectively available for transfer), and his point about budget caps on players' wages is not one I would seek to defend, but what he says about some newer clubs' financial clout and the way that affects the rest makes a degree of sense to me. I wonder what others think?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester Chairman's comments
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:02:36 PM »

I don't disagree but it's rife through the whole game now . The premiership was ruined many years ago and it's spreading

This season though I would say we spent our budget (which we were told was highly competitive ) very poorly
ParkINson's red and white army

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 03:06:10 PM »

One thing that Lee Sinnott did very well was never complaining or moaning about money or the full time / part time debate. He just completely removed it as a excuse. Back in the Heathcote days I seem to remember he used it regularly. It becomes a problem when its allowed to become an excuse.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 03:09:34 PM »

One thing that Lee Sinnott did very well was never complaining or moaning about money or the full time / part time debate. He just completely removed it as a excuse. Back in the Heathcote days I seem to remember he used it regularly. It becomes a problem when its allowed to become an excuse.

Thoroughly concur with all of that.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 04:37:37 PM »

Good post.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 07:42:27 PM »

I have to agree that to protect clubs' very existence some form of wage restraint should be in place based on income with large amounts of 'sponsorship' and directors loans scrutinised for qualification....this should also mean the league is more competitive and stop some egomaniac throwing money to buy a title for a club that he then gets bored with and ends up starting again...

would bring the skill back into the side of management......wouldn't have stopped us from being relegated this season.....
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team