PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vice Chairman Resigns
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Vice Chairman Resigns  (Read 21029 times)

York Alty is back

Re: Vice Chairman Resigns
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 09:10:49 PM »

A bloke gives his time to the club over some years and gets grief?

Thanks for your efforts, shame it ended amidst a shambolc collapse.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 09:11:52 PM »

So has he  sold/is selling his shares?
Full time and proud of it

bighairedmike

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 09:17:38 PM »

Was he an asset to the club? Undoubtedly.

Was he also the most patronising, abrupt, arrogant and downright rude individual I have ever met? Absolutely.

Thanks, but I won't be spilling any tears. At least this may make the board more approachable.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 09:27:53 PM »

Was he an asset to the club? Undoubtedly.

Was he also the most patronising, abrupt, arrogant and downright rude individual I have ever met? Absolutely.

Thanks, but I won't be spilling any tears. At least this may make the board more approachable.
Are you describing the Chairman or Vice Chairman there?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 09:49:05 PM »

. To give Andrew his due,his expertise has been useful. Snake charmed Berman into (kind of) writing off his debt and quite clearly his influence behind the scenes at the conference swayed a change of viewpoint that contrributed to Halifax and Boston being relegated  at the AGM to keep us up and in return got the reward he wanted of climbing up the FA ladder.

However, He could reflect where the board seem to have gone stale or off the boil in recent times. To the untrained eye for three years or so he made sure people wear ties in the boardroom (how much critical thought and input would he have put into Tolsons appointment?) so you get left with a him being pissed off and upset at criticism of GR and coming across as some people have said.

None of this should be personal and as long as the current farce doesn't continue people should be thanked for what they've done and leave with best wishes.

Shelf life and all that.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 10:02:38 PM »

There is a distinctly lukewarm tone to AS's resignation message. You don't sense he's exactly heartbroken... He's never been an Alty man at heart - and never pretended to be - so it makes sense that he steps down for all parties.

Further changes now needed.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 10:06:16 PM »

Let's move on now. I want to know who replaces him. No offence to any current board members but they no little more than I do about football and that isn't good enough.

I also want to know what happens to the share holding he had? Does he have to forfeit some of these shares or forced to sell them? I would imagine they need to be available to a new board member.

Thanks for your efforts.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2017, 10:14:23 PM »

Does it mean that the Board just consists of Rowley lap-dogs now?

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2017, 10:37:44 PM »

I want to know who replaces him. ...

I also want to know what happens to the share holding he had? Does he have to forfeit some of these shares or forced to sell them? I would imagine they need to be available to a new board member.

Not sure as to the answer of some of your questions, but resigning from the board normally does not trigger a requirement to sell shares (not even sure if he held any shares anyway)

However, who would want to replace him?? Alty FC is on the way down..these things tend to be cyclical in life, but anybody smart in business knows that a down cycle can easily lead to insolvency. So who wants to risk being a director of a fairly high profile entity that goes bankrupt. I am not saying Alty will go bankrupt...its just a logical consequence of any business that is failing for whatever reason. Some survive, others don't. I think we will survive, even after relegation this season, but honestly I cannot be sure.

So then there are a few types of people who would volunteer for director. Maybe a representative of a major sponsor, who is fairly secure in their own career and don't care about the risk of a bankruptcy on their CV. Or a fan representative (can't see this happening, but who knows). Anybody with money to invest almost certainly won't do it unless they gain control. Or an idiot who does not understand risk. Or nobody at all.

Did I miss any options???

bumble

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 10:51:06 PM »

Not sure as to the answer of some of your questions, but resigning from the board normally does not trigger a requirement to sell shares (not even sure if he held any shares anyway)

However, who would want to replace him?? Alty FC is on the way down..these things tend to be cyclical in life, but anybody smart in business knows that a down cycle can easily lead to insolvency. So who wants to risk being a director of a fairly high profile entity that goes bankrupt. I am not saying Alty will go bankrupt...its just a logical consequence of any business that is failing for whatever reason. Some survive, others don't. I think we will survive, even after relegation this season, but honestly I cannot be sure.

So then there are a few types of people who would volunteer for director. Maybe a representative of a major sponsor, who is fairly secure in their own career and don't care about the risk of a bankruptcy on their CV. Or a fan representative (can't see this happening, but who knows). Anybody with money to invest almost certainly won't do it unless they gain control. Or an idiot who does not understand risk. Or nobody at all.

We aren't actually failing as a business. We might be as a first team. However I'm told beyond that finances are good.

I'd say with a decent PR and marketing spin we make for a good investment as far as football clubs go.

We've no debt, we've a loyal fan base as shown by crowds and good infrastructures. Local businesses don't hate us. The football community don't hate us.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 10:55:22 PM »

What you have failed to grasp, is that the Club is a long way from bankruptcy and is in good financial health. That is part of the frustration most people have with the Board, we run a good business but the footballing side has failed dismally. We could do with more cash but then most clubs do. We cut our cloth accordingly and this will be no different next season in the Evostick. The Board deserve praise for the work they have done in eradicating the debt and creating a small profit in recent years and as a shareholder I see the financial statements, but they have grown stale, made some terrible decisions recently and need a new Chairman at the helm to provide fresh impetus into the Club.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 11:47:40 PM »

What you have failed to grasp, is that the Club is a long way from bankruptcy and is in good financial health. That is part of the frustration most people have with the Board, we run a good business but the footballing side has failed dismally. We could do with more cash but then most clubs do. We cut our cloth accordingly and this will be no different next season in the Evostick. The Board deserve praise for the work they have done in eradicating the debt and creating a small profit in recent years and as a shareholder I see the financial statements, but they have grown stale, made some terrible decisions recently and need a new Chairman at the helm to provide fresh impetus into the Club.

Exactly. An excellent post.
The board are not evil or incompetent - far from it - but have prioritised the non-footballing side with the consequences we have seen, despite successes off the field of play.
As the core of this club,this "business",  is its first team, then, yes, we do need a change to concentrate our attention on this.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 06:35:18 AM »

Exactly. An excellent post.
The board are not evil or incompetent - far from it - but have prioritised the non-footballing side with the consequences we have seen, despite successes off the field of play.
As the core of this club,this "business",  is its first team, then, yes, we do need a change to concentrate our attention on this.

Define incompetent? We're a football club that has had two successive relegations and the second one has been far worse than the first which given the fact we are financially more competitive than last season in the league we are in is simply mind boggling. There are several very obvious failings which are wholly down to the board.

To me that is completely incompetent. We need football people to make this a football club again because the board are steering us away from football and into some sort of community social support group and whilst the books might be balanced now they wont be looking so healthy in 2 years time when we are still in the northern premier league playing in front of 700 every other week.

Jezza

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2017, 08:01:39 AM »

Paul daine and neil faulkener are both long standing fans and supporters in financial terms of the club...both very approachable...paul was active with star and neil was always an active supporter of any supporters club / trust activities.

Andrew was very much in the geoff goodwin mould in that he freely admitted his first love was city....he came in to do a job and that job was completed about 3 years ago....by accounts i heard at the time he played an absolute blinder in negotiating a payment plan with hmrc at a time when hmrc would have been more inclined to just wind us up....for this act alone we owe him a lot...

Yes he is posh and comes across as rude but one to one quite a decent bloke to talk to.

Would have been quite a good bloke to negotiate with shareholders to bring in a different hierachy above the board and had we been man city he probably would have been first on the soap box...

He did what he said he would do but i think became a bit redundant once were out of financial crisis....all the best andrew...

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 08:59:30 AM »

Define incompetent? We're a football club that has had two successive relegations and the second one has been far worse than the first which given the fact we are financially more competitive than last season in the league we are in is simply mind boggling. There are several very obvious failings which are wholly down to the board.

To me that is completely incompetent. We need football people to make this a football club again because the board are steering us away from football and into some sort of community social support group and whilst the books might be balanced now they wont be looking so healthy in 2 years time when we are still in the northern premier league playing in front of 700 every other week.

Really? I'll be absolutely gobsmacked if we are getting those figures if we fail to come straight back up.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vice Chairman Resigns