PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vice Chairman Resigns
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Vice Chairman Resigns  (Read 21025 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Vice Chairman Resigns
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2017, 09:45:01 AM »

If we want to come straight back up then we should keep the prices the same or make a small reduction whilst continuing with incentives for kids etc. Anyone that thinks we're just going to magic money from somewhere is deluded.

If we keep the prices the same we'll  get crowds of 300.

I would say 300 is optimistic

I reckon we can expect 500 to start with - a combination of optimism, habit, and morbid curiosity. But if we're not in the promotion mix we'll be down to 350 by Xmas.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2017, 09:52:11 AM »

If there are reasons for pre season optimism and low prices it  is old expect 600 maybe 700 alot depends on who we sign .pre season etc, we need to sign players who would get in to top six national league north sides

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2017, 11:07:42 AM »

We're getting nearly a thousand home fans every week and we're getting drubbed. That bides well for attendances next season, though as others have said, much will depend on how we are playing. Obviously there should be a reduction in admission prices to at least £12 given the level of football we'll be watching.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2017, 12:12:11 PM »

I reckon who our chairman and manager will be in August could have as much of an impact on crowds as the admission price

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2017, 12:50:42 PM »

You're right. I'm only coming down if it is still Graham and Matt next August.

bighairedmike

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2017, 01:32:52 PM »

We are the joint most expensive team to watch in this league, and being relegated the teams below will expect us to be as well. The highest price for an adult ticket in the league below is £10, ergo we should match that. If we charge more than £10 per game at home I will very rarely attend home games and spend my hard earned money going to away games only.

One of my friends sits in the main stand, is a well known supporter to the club, and he has already informed me he will not be renewing next year unless there are changes at the top and a significant reduction in the pricing structure.

This is only one example of many who follow the club home and away that will end up being forced out of the door if we overprice (which we do already for or level) next year.

roytonmike

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2017, 02:17:02 PM »

A minor point - Corby and Hednesford do actually charge more than £10 according to their websites.
It grieves me to say this, but I shall be keeping a careful eye on the prices charged at Ashton United next season - pretty nailed on to remain in EvoStik Premier, a bus ride & manageable walk away from me, & in my experience a friendly club. If our prices are markedly higher than those at Hurst Cross in 2017-18 I might very easily consider spending Saturday afternoons with a different set of Robins, while making sure I visit those grounds in the division I've yet to set foot on, preferably when Alty play there. It's a combination of economics & common sense, frankly; if Alty want customers the club will have to take heed of what the punter is prepared to pay.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2017, 05:39:07 PM »

I understand everyone's point but it's not really economics if you have to spend at least a tenner on fuel to get to the away games. Fair enough if there's a ground down the road.

Hopefully, prices will be set  at a realistic level but we can't have everything. Asking for top six national league north players and glue league entry prices is going to be a challenge.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2017, 08:04:50 PM »

Are you serious?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2017, 08:13:33 PM »

Are you serious?

Surely being ironic? Either that or totally demented!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2017, 09:21:58 PM »

Hopefully, prices will be set  at a realistic level but we can't have everything. Asking for top six national league north players and glue league entry prices is going to be a challenge.

Or we could actually show some bollocks for once...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2017, 09:33:06 PM »

If I even hear a whisper of a rumour of a "we can't compete with"' (add whichever ale house outfit with 200 spectators you wish) I'll be off as well.

Man of Moss

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2017, 10:35:59 PM »

I ain't renewing my season ticket next year, why would I having been subjected to this sh*t all year, GR you need to go man, this is getting embarrassing!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2017, 10:49:28 PM »

I reckon who our chairman and manager will be in August could have as much of an impact on crowds as the admission price
Indeed, if Rowley and Doughty (Heathcote) are still in charge then i wont be attending next season regardless of price, which after 25 years is a shame. However with a new Chairman and manager and some ambition for promotion, I'd happily pay £14 per game. In order to be ultra competitive though we will need to charge higher than other clubs, unless we have someone to make up the shortfall.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2017, 11:06:50 PM »

Are you serious?

No. It was an attempt at levity. I will turn up to the first five games regardless and then make a decision. Blyth are going to be champions so I expect great things of us next season.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vice Chairman Resigns