News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shildons bar.

Author Topic: Shildons bar.  (Read 4083 times)

bumble

Shildons bar.
« on: January 29, 2017, 10:59:19 AM »

"As a result of additional sponsorship we will be selling Fosters Lager and Theakstons at £1.25 a pint next Saturday Evening"

Our brewery or another company should pay additional / revenue to subsidise pints in the community facility pre match. The portfolio of restaurants I work with have a drink sponsor on every event, in exchange for sponsorship. Some of the money covers the drink cost, and the rest goes into our budget for expansion.

£2 lager.  £1.50 bitter. Might be the only way to get people into the club bar next season
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:03:37 AM by Altrincham Social »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Shildons bar.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 06:41:41 PM »

Our drink seems to come from Thwaites. The only Thwaites pub I am aware of in the area was the one down Oldfield Brow which has been closed for a few years.

Difficult to see what would be in it for the sponsors if the only place you can drink the product is the CSC.

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 06:58:39 PM »

Our drink seems to come from Thwaites. The only Thwaites pub I am aware of in the area was the one down Oldfield Brow which has been closed for a few years.

Difficult to see what would be in it for the sponsors if the only place you can drink the product is the CSC.

The Little B in Brooklands is a Thwaites pub. I don't know if there are any more that are closer to Alty.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 07:06:06 PM »

The Little B in Brooklands is a Thwaites pub. I don't know if there are any more that are closer to Alty.

Most Thwaites pubs are over Bury/Bolton way. The nearest to Alty apart from the Little B is in Stockton Heath.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 08:23:49 PM »

Thwaites is now part of the Marston's empire, so the scope is theoretically huge !

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 10:46:06 PM »

Well if they sell Wainright's in their Marston's outlets that makes a difference. There's The Hare and Hounds and The Old Hall.

What do they sell in The Old Roebuck?

bumble

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 10:47:53 PM »

Firstly it doesn't matter if there's any locally, because

1. Brand Reginition
2. Brand content for social media
3. Brand recognition.

And people who might not normally drink wainwright at the club (where they are likely to come fortnightly) might try it love and stick with that.

Secondly it could equally be sponsored by Britvic or Coca Cola both stocked in our bar. It could be the crisps brands we hse

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 09:48:46 AM »

There's no point having brand recognition if there aren't any local outlets and there's no point selling it cheap if there is no competition.

I have no idea what you mean regarding 2)  Brand content for social media

bumble

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 01:00:02 PM »

There's no point having brand recognition if there aren't any local outlets and there's no point selling it cheap if there is no competition.

Brand recondition is not about location.

York Alty is back

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 01:02:07 PM »

What is it?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 04:25:58 PM »

Yes it is. I'm fully able to recognise Vegemite but there's no point Kraft coming to the CSH to promote the brand because there's nowhere locally you can buy the stuff. Improving brand recognition on the off chance someone might visit a territory where it is sold is not good use of the marketing budget.

Now if we could get Wright's to have a pie promotion................ 

bumble

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 04:38:50 PM »

Yes it is. I'm fully able to recognise Vegemite but there's no point Kraft coming to the CSH to promote the brand because there's nowhere locally you can buy the stuff. Improving brand recognition on the off chance someone might visit a territory where it is sold is not good use of the marketing budget.

Now if we could get Wright's to have a pie promotion................ 

Best cancel to the brewery launch next month in Manchester as they're only selling it in London....

It takes 12 associations with any brand to making a buying purchase.

Why would Kraft come to the sports hall? Are we selling it the snack bar?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 07:06:33 PM »

The point is there's no point in Marstons establishing the brand by dropping the price if the only access point is CSH. 

York Alty is back

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 09:07:40 PM »

Isn't there another forum for marketing geeks?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shildons bar.