PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Chorley - Match Thread  (Read 29092 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chorley - Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2017, 06:15:14 PM »

The board need to show some leadership. Eighteen rudderless months and we're on the rocks. Piss PISS poor.
1,000,000 times correct
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2017, 06:42:14 PM »

Like watching jeremy Beadle lose away at Joey Deacon. Clubs needs a full reboot, never mind a "five year plan"

GB Alty

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2017, 07:01:49 PM »

How many games has Doughty had?

Matt Doughty:

Six league games as manager: one point gained.

Neil Young:

Six league games as manager: three points gained.

you can add to that

Jim Harvey:

First six league games as manager: three points gained

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2017, 07:30:15 PM »

How many games has Doughty had?

Matt Doughty:

Six league games as manager: one point gained.

Neil Young:

Six league games as manager: three points gained.

you can add to that

Jim Harvey:

First six league games as manager: three points gained

Its pointless comparing who did best. They are all sh*t stats even if you collectively add them up.  The team has gone tits up ever since our FA cup run ended last season.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2017, 07:35:36 PM »

I think it shows that Rowley isn't getting any better with his appointments. Doughty should never have been given the job. You csnt sack Harvey and then give the job to someone who hasn't managed before assisted by a man who has effectively relegated 3 clubs in his last 3 jobs.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2017, 07:58:48 PM »

Another home defeat and I think it's petition time.

At some point it's time for a real survey of the fans who go to moss lane week in week out. I understand some being sceptical when it came to a poll on here on having changes at board level. Enough is enough now, the famous phrase is that the board aren't owners they are custodians of the club. Well from here it looks to me like they've done a horrendous job of that in recent times. The fans want a football club not a social.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2017, 08:10:30 PM »

Like watching jeremy Beadle lose away at Joey Deacon. Clubs needs a full reboot, never mind a "five year plan"

On another typically sh*t day that actually made me laugh!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2017, 08:16:41 PM »

There's been a lot of talk about our downturn in form since the Colchester game and it's understandable that this has been identified as a significant turning point in our recent fortunes. However, I can't help thinking things started going wrong before that after we achieved safety in 2015 and took our foot off the gas for the rest of the season instead of pushing on and achieving a higher league finish. It was this complacency which I think may have been the start of the rot. I'm not saying Colchester wasn't hugely significant, but things had already taken a turn for the worse before that.
Come on Alty!

Hulme Robin

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2017, 08:19:45 PM »

densmores injury was probably a pivotal point as well.

As for today's game; Richman was we had a very sh*t ref today. He could have easily had a straight red.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2017, 08:30:09 PM »

There's been a lot of talk about our downturn in form since the Colchester game and it's understandable that this has been identified as a significant turning point in our recent fortunes. However, I can't help thinking things started going wrong before that after we achieved safety in 2015 and took our foot off the gas for the rest of the season instead of pushing on and achieving a higher league finish. It was this complacency which I think may have been the start of the rot. I'm not saying Colchester wasn't hugely significant, but things had already taken a turn for the worse before that.
your spot on . I remember going to Torquay and being disgusted with the attitude then
ParkINson's red and white army

WiganAlty

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2017, 08:36:48 PM »

Never have I been so pleased at having a huge bag of sand to shift by the barrowload today. At this rate, I'll be looking forward to shopping trips on a Saturday afternoon........says it all!!!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2017, 08:46:12 PM »

your spot on . I remember going to Torquay and being disgusted with the attitude then

The trouble is, once the seeds of complacency have been sown it is a bloody long way back. The question which now MUST be answered is how do we stop this terrible sequence of events and start moving in the right direction again? We can't just bury our heads in the sand and assume that playing in lower leagues will see us start winning again. There has to be accountability and an honest admission that things aren't working.
Come on Alty!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2017, 08:48:42 PM »

Another home defeat and I think it's petition time.

Sadly, I think you are right.

VofD

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2017, 08:59:36 PM »

As for today's game; Richman was we had a very sh*t ref today. He could have easily had a straight red.

Absolute rubbish : one man does not make a team. >:( >:( >:(

Hulme Robin

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2017, 09:10:54 PM »

Absolute rubbish : one man does not make a team. >:( >:( >:(
Not saying that at all. Densmore's attacking wing back role was a big part in Sinnot's team. We failed to invest in decent cover for densmore. And we stopped winning games.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chorley - Match Thread