Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?  (Read 24094 times)

York Alty is back

Re: Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2017, 11:08:15 PM »

I'd suggest the fan base is already split

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2017, 11:26:47 PM »

I said split not deserted. There are some who think the Board walk on water, some who are ambivalent to the current situation and those who have lost faith in the Board. In almost 30 years of watching Alty, things haven't been this bad.

York Alty is back

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2017, 11:36:30 PM »

I said split not deserted. There are some who think the Board walk on water, some who are ambivalent to the current situation and those who have lost faith in the Board. In almost 30 years of watching Alty, things haven't been this bad.
The situation in the medium term is recoverable, by which I mean an immediate promotion next season (and nothing less). Personally I beleive anybody heavily involved in the process that gave Young the job must go before the end of this season in a controlled orderly manner. Would I support a fans club if they stayed on? No. It would take more, far more than that, to drag me away from Alty. I'll do what the majority of fans do up and down the land. Pay up, shout a bit and cross my fingers.

This really hurts.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2017, 11:54:42 PM »

I sympathise. I don't agree with Phoenix clubs, unless your club ceases to exist then there's no reason for them. Unfortunately you're hopes for someone to take responsibility and depart will be dashed. I can't see any changes happening at either board level or in the dugout before next season starts in August. Business as usual in the Evostick.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2017, 11:55:47 PM »

As someone who's veering between the second and third categories, (ambivalent and losing faith in the board) depending largely on what happens until the end of the season and then the managerial appointment,  I still don't think it's time for a phoenix club.

The difference with Vics and many other clubs is that, while the board have made poor decisions, with the benefit of hindsight,, they have been made in what they they thought were the best interests of the club, and that is completely different to the likes of Rushe and Connett.

So, I agree with York Alty, for now. I hope we don't have a fans' club, with the proviso that they may change depending on what happens next season - let alone the problems of finding a ground and a league to play in as the North West Counties League is full, for once, this year.

taxi Phil

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2017, 12:42:54 AM »

I don't want one myself.....just threw it into the mix to canvass views.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2017, 07:30:47 AM »

I'm torn really. My beloved Alty has turned into Rowley FC and I'm thinking how low are we going to sink before something has to be done.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2017, 08:13:21 AM »

Blackpool and Coventry are examples of clubs who are in a lot worse position and they haven't started new clubs so definitely a no from me.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2017, 08:58:40 AM »

I do think it's time for a change at the top, certainly at the end of the season. But a phoenix club, no way.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2017, 09:38:26 AM »

Not an option for me.

Change from within.

Everything at the club is in place for National League football and also play a massive part in the community. I don't think both are mutually exclusive.
Full time and proud of it

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2017, 10:40:26 AM »

I'm torn really. My beloved Alty has turned into Rowley FC and I'm thinking how low are we going to sink before something has to be done.
I can see why people would be torn, and it's a tragic state of affairs that long-standing supporters are staying away and more will surely follow next season. I have no confidence that anything will change anytime soon though.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

taxi Phil

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2017, 11:06:34 AM »

I have no confidence that anything will change anytime soon though.
For "no" read "every". For "anything" read "nothing".

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2017, 11:46:50 AM »

I have no confidence that anything will change anytime soon though.
For "no" read "every". For "anything" read "nothing".
Don't fault me for trying to be optimistic (if slightly unreasonable).
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2017, 12:32:33 PM »

Blackpool and Coventry are examples of clubs who are in a lot worse position and they haven't started new clubs so definitely a no from me.

Actually, there is one in Coventry. Coventry United are currently 7th in the Midland League Premier Division (North West Counties Premier equivalent), ground-sharing with Coventry Sphinx, where they have an average attendance of 88. That figure, and the fact you haven't heard of them, does back up your argument very strongly, though.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/coventryunited/a/club-history-33516.html

Jezza

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2017, 01:00:18 PM »

breakaway afc no way

a relaunched supporters club with a direct aim of attracting new shareholders and convincing current shareholders to pass the baton...absolutely...

Geoff Goodwin once asked why STAR wanted anymore than one share in the club...he was baffled why supporters putting in 10k at least every season wanted anymore ownership and say in their club......10k is not an awful lot, but it's year on year and if other shareholders put in pro rata we'd be much more competitive and those shareholders might just demand a bit more on the pitch success of the incumbent board in return.

Do the current major shareholders deserve to allow the club to stagnate on the basis of a few years involvement they had many moons ago.......did they ever seriously see shares in Altrincham fc as an investment they'd expect a return on??.....i'd ask current shareholders why they want anymore than one share in the club.....and i'd want a lot more transparency into their answers!!! These people need shaming...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?