Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?  (Read 24092 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2017, 07:33:58 PM »

Fantastic news about Sean Miller. He'll have that league on toast.
the signing up of anybof this seasons sh*t can hardly be described as fantastic news

Sean Miller has been our best player by a distance and he wouldn't be out of place in the promotion-chasing squads of this league. Having him on board for an Evo-Stik campaign should prove to be huge. I'd say it's pretty fantastic, personally.

Agreed

GB Alty

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2017, 07:38:48 PM »

the signing up of anybof this seasons sh*t can hardly be described as fantastic news

Sean Miller has been our best player by a distance and he wouldn't be out of place in the promotion-chasing squads of this league. Having him on board for an Evo-Stik campaign should prove to be huge. I'd say it's pretty fantastic, personally.
Average at best, and would get nowhere near promotion chasing squads. We're going to need battlers next season not luxury drift in and out of the game fancy dam like Sean Miller

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2017, 08:16:58 PM »

Sean Miller has been hacked down numerous times this season and has been putting a shift in when there was precious little being shown in other positions on the pitch. Before Nicky re-signed he was the only player taking it to the opposition. 

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2017, 08:24:56 PM »

Teams need a balance, ratters, enforcers and flair players.

Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2017, 08:29:53 PM »

Average at best, and would get nowhere near promotion chasing squads. We're going to need battlers next season not luxury drift in and out of the game fancy dam like Sean Miller

Drift in and out of the game whilst also scoring 10 goals, in 19 starts, in an absolutely rotten team. Some of his finishes have been a class above what the rest of this squad can provide. He also works very hard. Luxury players like James Lawrie I can agree with, but Miller has been consistently decent.

GB Alty

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2017, 09:06:27 PM »

Anybody involved in a squad on 8 points in mid January should not be offered a contract in mid January.

Shambles
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:10:06 PM by Fog off »

GB Alty

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2017, 09:09:11 PM »

With the greatest of respect, there is not a cat in hells chance Matt Doughty would be spoken about as a possible managerial candidate for next season if he didn't used to be our left back. Statistically, he is possibly the worst assistant manager we've had in our entire history(?), and as temporary manager he has 1 point from 15 despite being given funds to bring his own players in.

I like Buzz a lot, and I hope he goes on to be as successful and well thought of as a manager as he was as a player. I really hope he can rebuild his career and someone takes a chance on him somewhere, however there is no way that someone should be us! Next season is far too important for a sentimental appointment. Even in our current position the job of being manager of Altrincham FC is still worth more than that.

No issue with Rowley roping a few of his mates in to get us through the rest of the season. Someone has to. But let's not confuse that with a need for continuity.
What about Buzz putting players on contract for next season?

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2017, 09:18:18 PM »

If we don't see any signs of improvement this season under the current management set up it would be madness to appoint them for next season

I'm hoping they do start to make a difference just as I did for young and Harvey
Come on you red and white........

GB Alty

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2017, 09:20:08 PM »

These were the words of Grahame Rowley in the club's official press release regarding the sacking of Jim Harvey:  

"'There are no green shoots of recovery, which is the least you need to persevere with things as they are and give the manager more time. It hurts to say it, but we are drifting, and, as a board, we simply can't sit by and allow that to happen.

'This club has a great tradition, with a fighting spirit at the very heart of it, and we want to get that back. That's why the next appointment is so important. We want to make sure it is the right one, rather than a rushed one. It will be a thorough process, to try and ensure we find someone who can put that fighting spirit out on the pitch."

That should amount to more than Doughty just knocking on the chairman's door and asking to be given the job.

Looks like Graham Rowley's word is worth sh*t as usual. No thorough process has been through here yet Doughty/Lawton signing up players for next season already spending the budget

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2017, 09:57:43 PM »

When Rowley sacked Harvey he promised that we would make every effort to stay up, that we were a Club with battling qualities and that they wanted to get the Club back there. He then promised us a thorough search for a new manager. This didn't happen and for no other reason than he's a mate, Doughty was given the job to the end of the season. There has been no improvement in performances or results and we are now beyond hope of staying up. 7 of the starting 11 yesterday were Doughtys signings and an 8th player, Deasy he worked with last season and the 3 subs he brought on he also worked with last season - this is Doughty's team and he can have no excuses why the team hasn't performed. The Chairman allows him to sign players on for next season and now we hear that he is demanding to know if he has the job next season, only 2 weeks after being given the job until the season's end. He should have learnt about about appointing friends after the Tolson debacle but obviously not.

taxi Phil

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2017, 10:20:30 PM »

Maybe we should start a phoenix club like 1874 Northwich.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2017, 10:23:20 PM »

I think we at least need an effective Supporters Association.

GB Alty

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2017, 10:52:15 PM »

I would support that

York Alty is back

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2017, 10:57:48 PM »

Vice were terminal. We are not. The mess we are in needs good leadership which has been sadly lacking in the last eighteen months. Splitting
 up the fan base with a phoenix is not what the club requires.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2017, 11:01:56 PM »

I'd suggest the fan base is already split
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next Season - Starting Now says Robbie Lawton?