PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How low can we go?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: How low can we go?  (Read 15950 times)

arnald

Re: How low can we go?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2017, 04:09:45 AM »

Can you imagine what a good team will do to us ,,,,,, I've had enough now
But I still think Rowley will go soon and give us a new start

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2017, 10:47:10 AM »

Why would Graham Rowley go? As I understand it, he is the second largest shareholder and the one shareholder with a larger stake has no desire to be on the board. For Graham to go presumably someone would need to offer a sensible price for his shares and possibly some from other shareholders to give them sufficient control of the club. I would expect too that Graham and other major shareholders would only sell to someone who could give a commitment of significant investment in the club over and above the cost of the shares they would be buying. Until such time as someone appears with such an investment the majority shareholder (ignoring the one that doesn't want to run the club) will quite rightly continue to run the business. I guess the only way this would change is if Geoff Goodwin lost faith in Graham's ability to run the club and decided to rejoin the board himself. I don't see that happening.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2017, 10:55:57 AM »

Very true Hugo.

I did see Mark Harris in CSH after the game.
Full time and proud of it

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2017, 11:11:47 AM »

Grahame Rowley is just as bad as Jim Rushe and Mike Connett. He's using the football club as his own little play thing and it's ruining the good name of Altrincham Football Club.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2017, 11:16:03 AM »

Very true Hugo.

I did see Mark Harris in CSH after the game.

Wittons game yetsterday got postponed on the morning of the game so I imagine he just fancied seeing another game locally.

York Alty is back

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2017, 11:17:10 AM »

Grahame Rowley is just as bad as Jim Rushe and Mike Connett. He's using the football club as his own little play thing and it's ruining the good name of Altrincham Football Club.
No.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2017, 11:24:21 AM »

I see the situation as very different to Rushe and Connett. For a start he doesn't have overall control of the club. Even ignoring the drug dealing, under both Connett and Rushe, vics treated fans, suppliers, cup opponents etc very badly and tarnished their clubs name probably irretrievably. Regardless of your opinion of how our club is being run it is not comparable to vics.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2017, 11:27:45 AM »

I just meant he is running our club into the ground as they did with Vics,I wasn't comparing the way they did things. Apologies,I should have made myself clearer.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2017, 11:45:01 AM »

Nonsense

I just meant he is running our club into the ground as they did with Vics,I wasn't comparing the way they did things. Apologies,I should have made myself clearer.

More understandable comparison but I believe he cares about the club unlike rushe etc who was simply a criminal at the end of the day. I think saying it's his own little play thing isn't right at all.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:50:24 AM by GolfRoader »

bumble

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »

I see the situation as very different to Rushe and Connett. For a start he doesn't have overall control of the club. Even ignoring the drug dealing, under both Connett and Rushe, vics treated fans, suppliers, cup opponents etc very badly and tarnished their clubs name probably irretrievably. Regardless of your opinion of how our club is being run it is not comparable to vics.

Whether or not you agree with the board, we aren't supposedly running up debts and VAT bills... (I can't say this for sure... but i'd assume..)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2017, 12:01:08 PM »

I will always remember my best day in football when Duncan and co showed Jamie Vardy and co a football lesson.
Clearly that didn't mean enough to the board.  Great memory, thanks Alty.

When was that?

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2017, 12:12:47 PM »

I will always remember my best day in football when Duncan and co showed Jamie Vardy and co a football lesson.

When was that?

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/130406fn.htm

He'd long gone by then hadn't he?

taxi Phil

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2017, 01:25:21 PM »

When was that?

4-3 win at Halifax when we were last in North.

bighairedmike

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2017, 01:30:51 PM »

When was that?

4-3 win at Halifax when we were last in North.

Vardy had already left by then though. He left Halifax the year we got relegated from the conference in 2011.

Frosty

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2017, 01:38:13 PM »

Let no one be under any illusion, this club is THRIVING
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How low can we go?