PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gainsborough Trinity - Match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Gainsborough Trinity - Match thread  (Read 17436 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Gainsborough Trinity - Match thread
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2017, 08:12:21 PM »

Same problem as all season. You could have a different manager every match and we'd still have no centre backs.
[/quote

Hannigan was excellent today as he was last week. Won every header. Can't cover for everyone.

Thanks for that Tom  ;)

WiganAlty

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2017, 09:05:34 PM »

Never did I imagine that I would be so glad to have some diy to get done and miss the game. Feel there may be some more coming on for the next game as well - if anyone wants to lend a hand..........!!!!

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2017, 11:07:50 PM »

Agree that Hannigan can't cover for everyone, but he did look more comfortable at left back imo. If the management are going to play Heathcote, he should definitely play at centre back. But we are still short of a tall, commanding presence at the back.
We are down now, but if we want to play for pride, the management need to go a begging league clubs for the missing centre back on loan. We'll continue to concede 3 goals a game otherwise.
I must have missed something. Hannigan won every header, cleared the ball well  and passed to his own team mates. Left back? Alty went to three at the back to chase the game but he wasn't left back. If I was a defender in that team I 'd be wondering the midfield offer no protection whatsoever.

taxi Phil

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2017, 11:48:01 PM »

Agree that Hannigan can't cover for everyone, but he did look more comfortable at left back imo. If the management are going to play Heathcote, he should definitely play at centre back. But we are still short of a tall, commanding presence at the back.
We are down now, but if we want to play for pride, the management need to go a begging league clubs for the missing centre back on loan. We'll continue to concede 3 goals a game otherwise.
I must have missed something. Hannigan won every header, cleared the ball well  and passed to his own team mates. Left back? Alty went to three at the back to chase the game but he wasn't left back. If I was a defender in that team I 'd be wondering the midfield offer no protection whatsoever.

With two wingers and two out-and-out strikers, it only left Jones and Taylor to offer that protection. But whilst I appreciate your point, the back four made a string of unforced errors and should have done much better.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2017, 01:24:33 AM »

Frustrating game. If we had not conceded two soft arse goals in the first ten - we would have won 2:1.
We saw some vintage Clee today and reeves looked good for his ten minutest or whatever.
But. We are f**ked and have been down since November.
We are luckless and it hurts.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2017, 08:53:02 AM »

Utterly shambolic for 70 mins.  Disgrace
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bighairedmike

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2017, 09:05:53 AM »

Frustrating game. If we had not conceded two soft arse goals in the first ten - we would have won 2:1.
We saw some vintage Clee today and reeves looked good for his ten minutest or whatever.
But. We are f**ked and have been down since November.
We are luckless and it hurts.

No we wouldn't. If we weren't two goals down we wouldn't have gone long ball and scored.

Clee was not that good yesterday. Yes he was one of our better players, but I think he was much better in the second half against Gloucester. How much that had to do with the knock he took for a two-footed off the floor challenge I don't know. I wouldn't say Reeves "looked good". He hit the bar twice in 3 seconds from less than 6 yards out.

The rest I agree with.

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2017, 11:05:45 AM »

I was
With two wingers and two out-and-out strikers, it only left Jones and Taylor to offer that protection. But whilst I appreciate your point, the back four made a string of unforced errors and should have done much better.
The point I was  making was that I didn't see Hannigan making any errors. You could say that he could gave got back in position after winning the first ball but the midfield didn't compete to stop the return ball and no one tucked in behind him.
To answer a previous post the only football I play is 5 a side. I'm going back to lurking in the forum. Posting is too much like hard work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gainsborough Trinity - Match thread