PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next season
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Next season  (Read 19549 times)

arnald

Re: Next season
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 08:27:50 PM »

I stil think Rowley will resign  soon even tho I like the guy he will bite the bullet

His mistake  wanting the Olympic legacy  at  moslane

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 08:47:08 PM »

I stil think Rowley will resign  soon even tho I like the guy he will bite the bullet

His mistake  wanting the Olympic legacy  at  moslane

Don't hold your breath.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 09:04:43 PM »

Why does anyone think we'd be contenders next season? First job is stop the slide. We'll do well to finish in the top half.

Keep Gary Jones as player/coach, one or two others and start again with the rest. We should be fielding these young lads who gave Macc a game.

I keep holding on to a faint bit of hope but I think the flames gone out now. Dead and buried!

Matt Taylor

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 09:08:13 PM »

Time to start planning for next season in The Evostick League. Decide who we want to keep(and if they want to stay)and who we don't and start to identify players we hope to bring in. If they want to stay,can prove their fitness and can adapt to the new budget I'd keep.....

Deasy

Densmore               ?????        Hannigan       Brownhill

Miller                    Moult        G Jones              Clee

Owens       ??????

Subs....Cyrus,McWilliams,Paterson,Richman,??striker??

Squad....Heathcote,Cain,A Jones(GK)+Reserve/Youth

Release...Reeves,Wilkinson,Lawrie,Goodall,McDonald

Ripping the team up and starting again has proved the wrong option and with a good pre season and a bit of confidence I reckon with a couple of additions this team can get us back up.

I can see the clear advantages to preparing early for next season, but  I would have reservations over who was going to make such key decisions at the moment.
It would probably have to be the interim management team or the board, and wouldn't send any of them out for a loaf, never mind letting them loose on trying to build us a team for next year.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 09:13:24 PM »

Once relegation is confirmed, a new manager should be brought in with the target of promotion and be given the budget to achieve that. If the board are staying then they need to pull their fingers out and sort the mess out.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2017, 09:15:53 PM »

Why does anyone think we'd be contenders next season? First job is stop the slide. We'll do well to finish in the top half.

Keep Gary Jones as player/coach, one or two others and start again with the rest. We should be fielding these young lads who gave Macc a game.

I keep holding on to a faint bit of hope but I think the flames gone out now. Dead and buried!

I'm just trying to be optimistic

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2017, 09:28:40 PM »

I'd keep Buzz as boss and get him to find out which of the 6 or 7 decent players (Jones, Clee, Hannigan, Patterson, Miller etc) would be up for a promotion battle next season. I'd definitely play the kids who appear to have given it a bloody good go at Macc. The rest, I just wouldn't select at all now. The likes of Goodall, Moult, Lawrie and Reeves have just let us down this season. Can we just be f**king bold for once?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2017, 09:28:50 PM »

We got over 40 points last season . We have mustered 8 so far in a lower leauge . It's all very depressing
ParkINson's red and white army

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2017, 09:33:44 PM »

I'd keep Buzz as boss and get him to find out which of the 6 or 7 decent players (Jones, Clee, Hannigan, Patterson, Miller etc) would be up for a promotion battle next season. I'd definitely play the kids who appear to have given it a bloody good go at Macc. The rest, I just wouldn't select at all now. The likes of Goodall, Moult, Lawrie and Reeves have just let us down this season. Can we just be f**king bold for once?
Why would you keep Doughty, he's featured in 3 of our worst ever management teams? We need an experienced man at the helm, not someone who was a decent left back for us a few years ago. If the club is going to try and get back to anywhere near where it should be then we need to get serious.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2017, 09:56:51 PM »

I'd keep him as he's currently in the best position to negotiate with the players he'd like to stay next season. We need to keep a spine of half decent, committed players and chopping and changing the manager every 5 minutes will make that much harder. It would certainly be easier to keep Jones and Clee if Buzz stayed on.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 10:00:12 PM by brianrooney26 »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2017, 10:28:49 PM »

I'm just trying to be optimistic

Fair play. I'm just a bit wounded wondering if this will ever end. This is simply an incredible run of poor league form.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 10:37:17 PM »

Giving Doughty the job would be crazy, an experienced manager would know their reputation already. Whether we can afford them or whether they would want to stay are different things.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 11:53:30 PM »

I agree. I've always liked Buzz but I think I'd like to see him win a league game as manager before considering him for the position.

Mind you he got the job on the back of two 0-3 defeats so maybe my standards are a bit exacting.

As for the players, we've had good service off some, a bit less off others but at the moment it's sh*t for sh*t and I think if I never saw most of not all of them again I'd cope to be honest.

GB Alty

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2017, 12:37:48 AM »

I'd keep him as he's currently in the best position to negotiate with the players he'd like to stay next season. We need to keep a spine of half decent, committed players and chopping and changing the manager every 5 minutes will make that much harder. It would certainly be easier to keep Jones and Clee if Buzz stayed on.
we haven't got a spine of half decent committed players - who would you keep? We need a team for the evostick league

Also I most certainly wouldn't be considering a man who has never won a game of football as a manager ever and who's record as assistant is very poor as well - it's just all crap, even Robbie his assistant is saying there no bouncing back if we go down

Lock the doors now and f**k it off

bumble

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 09:07:10 AM »

Every penny possible needs to be scrapped together even it means an announcement in the M E N

Our budget in the league below has to be the strongest. We should cherry pick the best of the playoff sides and offer good money to some conf north players like Salford did to the Chorley striker
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next season