PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FCUO Manchester - MATCH THREAD 2
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: FCUO Manchester - MATCH THREAD 2  (Read 22683 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FCUO Manchester - MATCH THREAD 2
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »

The stadium is impressive from the outside, but incomplete and no character.

I found Stewards to be friendly, however the gent selling the New Year raffle tickets was having a right moan because we did not buy and tickets as he went back to the home side.

One of the FCUM scouts/development officers sat by me in the stand, he was compiling a minute by minute performance notes of FCUM and also explained how they are reaching out across Manchester to spread the word and get Junior clubs linking into them. Sale United were there yesterday apparently invited for hospitality.

They are concerned over the drop in attendances I got the feeling.

I parked on nearby local streets no problem at all and was home within 30 minutes of the game finishing.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2017, 11:39:17 AM »

What was the low don on the "fans club"

Used to reading people from other clubs going on about how wonderful FCuM are and what an amazing set up it is.

It seems we had a different experience?

It will be a really nice ground when it's finished but at the moment it's only got two sides and they've just put a roof up on the unfinished sides to make it look the part. Away 'terrace' is just a tarmac bit of ground behind the goal so if you're under 6 foot and can't get near the front then you can't see properly. Food reasonably priced for a football ground and can't grumble at £9 entrance fee. FC Utd supporters have a good sing so it's not a bad atmosphere but I'm not quite sure why they sing about hating Leeds considering they've never played them and also claim to be 'Busby boys' when they were formed after his death but all in all I've had a lot worse away experiences.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2017, 11:41:26 AM »

It's obviously a work in progress, but I quite liked it. The paddock terraces give a very good standing view of the game. Certainly a better experience than Stockport away.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

bumble

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2017, 11:46:38 AM »

I found Stewards to be friendly, however the gent selling the New Year raffle tickets was having a right moan because we did not buy and tickets as he went back to the home side.

One of the FCUM scouts/development officers sat by me in the stand, he was compiling a minute by minute performance notes of FCUM and also explained how they are reaching out across Manchester to spread the word and get Junior clubs linking into them. Sale United were there yesterday apparently invited for hospitality.

I parked on nearby local streets no problem at all and was home within 30 minutes of the game finishing.

Concerned if sale United are going there

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2017, 11:50:11 AM »

I was stood behind the goal on the flat terrace.  Very poor experience for me. Would have preferred if wed have been given a bigger are in the corner.
Full time and proud of it

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2017, 12:20:32 PM »

From the seats or the paddock below the view was decent. If we had only been given the actual away end though I would have been seriously unimpressed. It's basically a 2 sided ground as others have said. Whilst the away end at our place doesn't have a roof I'd argue the back of that terrace has the best view in the ground. FCUM is an average set up but very good value for money at £9 to sit or stand  but not worth the endless tedious hype they get.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2017, 12:31:37 PM »

I thought it was pretty good considering they had to generate their own finance while playing at other peoples ground. The home end looks great. The main stand doesn't seem to hold that many (seated) but integrates well with the home end.

Our end is undeveloped really. It's got a roof on it but it's not very deep and it wouldn't have hurt to make the paddock into a bank but I don't know what the Health and Safety issues are. When the need arises they will be able to put seating in the side opposite the main stand and that would probably do them unless they get to Division One. The food wagon was very reasonable and its got to be said is better than what we provide away supporters.

The toilets are actually worse than ours. Three portaloos is all i could see at our end of the ground.

I spoke to a couple of volunteers who were very friendly. They said there's never any trouble except when Stockport turned up. The game was heavily policed and its an expense they can do without. Fair enough, we're in the same boat.

All in all, I enjoyed it. If miracles happen I'll go again next season.

I walked back to The Broadway with a group of lads from Germany, about a dozen of them. No idea how or why they turned up.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2017, 06:30:34 PM »

I thought it was a good achievement of a stadium - clearly work in progress but in the main done well.  There was plenty of legroom and good visibility in the seats I was in, and I liked the standing area beneath the seated area.  There were no viewing obstructions anywhere.  The speakers/tannoy was well equipped and very clear to hear.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2017, 09:01:03 PM »

Agree with many of the points raised here. If you were not the tallest and the away end had been fuller your view could have been impeded but i guess fcum must segregate every game so improvements in the away end wouldn't be a priority. The toilet arrangements weren't great but  similar to what an away fan gets at Moss Lane. I was expecting a better atmosphere from the fcum fans though, especially after they scored so early. It did improve as the game went on but for alot of the time apart from a group behind the goal at the back of their stand, there didn't seem to be loads of them singing.  Good amount of parking and there is space around the ground to increase the capacity if the need arises.

blackley robin

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2017, 11:54:47 AM »

Having played on the pitches on broadhurst years ago, it was my first visit. Been past loads but never been in. Living locally, I watched and heard the arguments for and against the stadium. I think they've done quite a good job, lots for the community in mind too(sounds familiar eh) and at £9 in not too bad. They did ship the homeless in too for xmas dinner,  as well as getting kids teams involved (sale Utd). Parking was supposed to be a massive issue but lightbowne road can accommodate plenty of cars. Think they'll need quite an overdraft to finish the ground though! Didn't mind the atmosphere either, they made more noise than Stockport did with a similar crowd, just hope we get a chance to go next season, though I don't hold out much hope

Ashley Alty

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2017, 01:34:13 PM »

Concerned if sale United are going there

Strikes at the heart of the FCUM issue. Their 'community' is one of interest (United fans or part-time crypto anarchists once they've done the big weekend shop and claimed their Nectar points) as opposed to geographic. Much of what the club has done and continue to do is fantastic, but they trade on being the 'real MUFC' and as such any area in Gtr M/c is fair game to them. That's why, on balance, I don't like 'em.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:36:20 PM by JTH »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2017, 02:42:44 PM »

It would be interesting to know how many alty based fcum fans there are.timp fcum flag at moss lane when we played them

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2017, 07:27:33 PM »

York Alty is back

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2017, 07:53:49 PM »

Not got the red card incident on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FCUO Manchester - MATCH THREAD 2