PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FCUO Manchester - MATCH THREAD 2
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: FCUO Manchester - MATCH THREAD 2  (Read 22676 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FCUO Manchester - MATCH THREAD 2
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2017, 06:14:41 PM »

Shocking way to a game. Fans club my arse. Housing away like that is a liberty.

Draw was probably a fair result. Thought they nick 1 at the just because of how our season has gone, but we had the better clear cut chances. Cyrus could have scored a hat trick.

Don't why Clee and Newby were deployed on their 'wrong' wings but it must have the plan.

Thought Brownhill was decent at lb and Owens and Newby were class.

Unfortunately a point at a mid table team won't get us out of sh*t. So the question is have they been brought with next season in mind?
Full time and proud of it

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2017, 06:49:50 PM »

Aside from starting like a bunch of strangers we played ok today. Owens gave them nightmares and Jones was immense in the 2nd half. Newby was decent too, he ran his socks off.

They looked bang average so if we start to play with confidence we might at least make it interesting.

Our fans are amazing. Loads there today and the fact we basically celebrated the equalizer with laughter shows you what the diehards have had to put up with. What a credit to this football club the fans are.

I think they swapped wingers round cos Newby can use both feet and Clee could cut in. It didn't work that well. Get them on the right sides Buzz and balls in to Owens. Give us hope

Ashley Alty

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2017, 06:54:22 PM »

Utter madness to take both Reeves and Owens off.  We could have won that.  I am convinced we could have scored the winner in that last 15.

We played so much. Better.  Both new guys were an improvement, Owens in particular.  We must win now!  Clee was a rock, Deady had some "moments" which made us all shiver more than we already were!

I was interviewed by FC UM Radio.  It will be on their website tomorrow if you are at all interested

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2017, 07:14:15 PM »

Fully deserved and fair point.

Positives-good away numbers again, I reckon about 350 Alty maybe. Owens looked a real handful up top and now gives us a genuine target man. The other new lad from Barrow on the wing looked decent too and nearly scored a worldie at the death. Credit to the defence too, I thought Cyrus in particular had a very solid game.

Negatives-whilst there are some very fleeting green shoots of recovery it's all too little too late. FCUM with honourable mentions to Wright (who had Densmore on toast) and the young number 7 looked bang average to me and only had the upper hand when we tired and understandably dropped deeper. If they are comfortably mid table then it shows you just how bad we have been this season.

That's a pretty accurate synopsis of the game in my book.

After an extremely shaky opening 15 minutes (Deasy and Densmore seemingly on different wavelengths), we finally realised that FCUM were fielding a very dodgy goalkeeper and are actually a very ordinary side and we managed to have a go at them.

The second half saw FCUM dominate possession but without really testing Deasy.

Meanwhile, we ran out of steam and ended up with a formation of 7-2-0.

I'll take any small crumbs of comfort the way that this wretched season has unfolded.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2017, 07:16:10 PM »

To be fair i thought Owens looked knackered in the minutes before he was taken off and Reevsey has been carrying an injury as well. Obviously frustrating as the game was there to be won, thought fcum were very average for much of the game. At least though for one of the few times this season we looked like a team, just hope it carries on.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2017, 07:25:20 PM »

To be fair i thought Owens looked knackered in the minutes before he was taken off and Reevsey has been carrying an injury as well. Obviously frustrating as the game was there to be won, thought fcum were very average for much of the game. At least though for one of the few times this season we looked like a team, just hope it carries on.

True. As bizarre as it was to have no strikers on the pitch for 15 minutes having the extra body in midfield got us on the ball countering a bit more and it nearly worked. Ten v ten made it a bit of mess, they adapted better than us but we started to counter well in the end. Last 20 minutes of first half was our strongest spell

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2017, 08:48:02 PM »

Far from perfect today, the opening 15 minutes was very poor and how nervous were we at the back. Typical though, a poor clearance, cannons to one of there players who lashes it in. But a couple of runs up the left gave us a little confidence and we grew into the game.

I was impressed by the effort of the team and to get the equaliser.

Both new players added quality today, well done to both.

Hopefully we can build on this and get some more points on the board and see where we end up.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2017, 09:12:18 PM »

Well done to the lads. It was good to see them stuck in, especially the new lads, Owens, jones and newby. Whilst it is probably too late to stay up, at least we can start putting together some decent performances and hopefully start to pick up points, then hit next season on a bounce with decent crowds.
I think we could have nicked it at the end, just a shame we couldn't bring any forwards on after Owens went off, and Newby had run his legs into the ground.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 09:14:20 PM by Forza Alty »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2017, 11:33:36 PM »

Awful start but then the best performance we've seen for a long time.

Gloucester haven't won for a while. It's got to be the turning point.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2017, 11:48:09 PM »

Today was the first time we have scored an equalising goal in the league since Miller's goal against Chorley to make it 2-2 .

That was on September 5th.  :o
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

andrewflynn

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2017, 07:13:13 AM »

Lots of things I agree with here. Much improved yesterday but still not good enough to beat a very average side, which just highlights how bad we've been prior to yesterday.

I think it's as simple as if we had Sean Miller fit we'd have won the game. Once he's recovered I'd like to see him form a big & little partnership with Andy Owens. I know Sean's been impressive on the wing but he's quick and can finish, and for all he's done for the club it's clear as crystal that Damian Reeves is 1) playing through an injury 2) simply hasn't been the same player all season.

I don't think we should play Shaun Densmore at right back again. Jerome Wright tore him apart in the first half and I'm not sure it was tactics or an injury that saw him make way for Sam Heathcote (who did well.) Give me Patterson at right back, Dens has consistently made mistakes since his return unfortunately and I don't think he's the calming influence most expected. I'd much rather see him utilised in the
middle of the park now we're without both Richman and Moult, Dens was good there against Macclesfield. Just my two pence on that.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:15:20 AM by Fabio Bassangue's English Tutor »

Chrissy A

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2017, 09:33:09 AM »

Lots of things I agree with here. Much improved yesterday but still not good enough to beat a very average side, which just highlights how bad we've been prior to yesterday.

I think it's as simple as if we had Sean Miller fit we'd have won the game. Once he's recovered I'd like to see him form a big & little partnership with Andy Owens. I know Sean's been impressive on the wing but he's quick and can finish, and for all he's done for the club it's clear as crystal that Damian Reeves is 1) playing through an injury 2) simply hasn't been the same player all season.

I don't think we should play Shaun Densmore at right back again. Jerome Wright tore him apart in the first half and I'm not sure it was tactics or an injury that saw him make way for Sam Heathcote (who did well.) Give me Patterson at right back, Dens has consistently made mistakes since his return unfortunately and I don't think he's the calming influence most expected. I'd much rather see him utilised in the
middle of the park now we're without both Richman and Moult, Dens was good there against Macclesfield. Just my two pence on that.

Reading his programme notes on Boxing Day he doesn't seem to be anywhere near as fit as he needs to be. If he's not match fit then he simply shouldn't be playing. same with Reeves, if he's not fit then he shouldn't be playing. I know times are desperate but playing injured/unfit players certainly isn't the answer.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2017, 09:55:23 AM »

Thought we should have showed more intent to win the game yesterday in the final 20 minutes. Both new lads looked decent and thought Gary Jones was superb yesterday. They were there for the taking really. A draw stops the rot but there needs to be the belief that we can beat a large proportion of the sides in this league. Had we been at full strength yesterday we would have won the game.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2017, 11:26:45 AM »

What was the low don on the "fans club"

Used to reading people from other clubs going on about how wonderful FCuM are and what an amazing set up it is.

It seems we had a different experience?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »

What was the low don on the "fans club"

Used to reading people from other clubs going on about how wonderful FCuM are and what an amazing set up it is.

It seems we had a different experience?

It was ok, certainly no problems encountered , the ground is in a decent enough part of Moston
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:39:27 AM by Timperley The Best »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FCUO Manchester - MATCH THREAD 2