PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buzz Robbie & Graham
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Buzz Robbie & Graham  (Read 14227 times)

Matt Taylor

Re: Buzz Robbie & Graham
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2017, 01:44:45 PM »

I hate to be negative, but we surely all know we are going down.

Maybe Buzz and co can get us ready for an attempt at an immediate return - there have certainly been signs of that at Blyth and at FC United - but I really don't see how any new manager could make a difference for this season.  I think the board's decision that we carry on as we are, getting the odd point here and there, is a strong hint of he they see the future.

Too right. The damage has already been done and we are pissing in the wind now. Anyone who thinks we are going to get the equivalent of 10 wins and 10 draws in the last 20 games, which is the reality of staying up, is delusional.

Despite promising a couple of weeks ago that we would have a “thorough process” when appointing the next manager “rather than a rushed one”, we are realistically at the stage where there is no real harm (this time) in Graham Rowley giving the gig to a few of his mates as a stop gap for the rest of this season. I can’t imagine they will be an expensive option, and we can recruit properly (hopefully with the new board in place) once we won’t be asking a new manager to blot his CV with relegation.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2017, 04:52:41 PM »

Let's get behind the lads and the new management team. They can't save us from the drop, but they can stop the rot and hopefully give us something to cheer about.

As for the board change argument - unless there is a rich Arab waiting in the rings? What good would it do to cause more upheaval at this point?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2017, 05:12:39 PM »

Grahame Rowley said, 'Matt and Robbie came to see me to ask where they stood,

What would have happened if they hadn't come to ask?

We were never looking for a new manager, the board don't trust themselves to appoint another manager. For next season we need a proper new manager appointed by a new board

Incidentally does this mean Graham Heathcote is paying back to the club his £60k pay off that Rowley gave him?
I've posted it elsewhere before but I'm not sure where you are getting 60k from its way out.

If you got made redundant while under contract and had long service  would you take a pay out ? And if you were asked back by the company you left would you give it back?
he got sacked and had the remaining two years of his contract paid up, that money had been earmarked for team strengthing and had been donated by a then shareholder. Ultimately we were relegated and Heathcote paid his mortgage off. And now he is back pulling the strings again, too many ill informed or with short memories
I'm fully informed thank you and my memory is fine

As always you never answer my questions

In fairness to Fog Off it's hard to answer a question that has an inaccuracy in it as GH was sacked not made redundant which also makes the second question invalid. Wayno is a family friend of the Heathcotes so will always stick up for and rightly so as I would do for a family friend but other supporters have long memories and find it hard to forget.
your right I am a family friend but to be clear I've defended a number of managers on this forum over a number of years regardless of knowing them

Also I only want good for the club like I'm sure we all do

If I was incorrect and he was sacked and he was in contract then he would have expected a hr based process from start to finish within that. If that didn't happen he could have had grounds for un fair dismissal and a potential tribunal hearing unless it was of course written into the original contract

I have worked in hr for many years and been to a number of tribunals so I'm clear in what can or can't happen in these matters

Therfore the other questions are still relevant
ParkINson's red and white army

York Alty is back

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2017, 05:14:02 PM »

Let's get behind the lads and the new management team. They can't save us from the drop, but they can stop the rot and hopefully give us something to cheer about.

As for the board change argument - unless there is a rich Arab waiting in the rings? What good would it do to cause more upheaval at this point?

Wholesale changes to the board should wait until the end of the season. Yes, work can go on behind the scenes, but we need stability on and off the pitch right now.

Jimmy

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2017, 05:36:21 PM »

The sooner the board some fans of 20 and 30 years will support the club again

York Alty is back

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2017, 05:52:24 PM »

Been going since the late 70s myself and the plop we are hurts.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »

There appears to be a common thread on here whereby the Board will surely leave at the end of the season. I see absolutely no evidence that this will indeed be the case. Change is necessary I feel, but I don't think for one second that it is magically going to transpire. Even if it did, I don't see  a merry band of wealthy men on their sturdy steeds riding over the horizon to plough endless amounts of money in with little or no hope of any return on their investment.

I've also no desire to become a rich man's plaything to be abandoned when boredom sets in (already tried that and still have the mental and physical scars).

Who knows what the answer is, but I don't see it changing anytime soon and even when it does I don't think all will suddenly be rosy in the Moss Lane garden.

I sincerely hope to be proved wrong.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

York Alty is back

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2017, 06:27:44 PM »

There appears to be a common thread on here whereby the Board will surely leave at the end of the season. I see absolutely no evidence that this will indeed be the case.

Those responsible for steering the ship onto the rocks must bear responsibility. The appintment of Neil Young was catastrophic, those involved in that decision making process process must move on. That needs to be in a responsible manner. Will it happen, as you say, who knows?

roytonmike

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2017, 06:58:17 PM »

There appears to be a common thread on here whereby the Board will surely leave at the end of the season. I see absolutely no evidence that this will indeed be the case. Change is necessary I feel, but I don't think for one second that it is magically going to transpire. Even if it did, I don't see a merry band of wealthy men on their sturdy steeds riding over the horizon to plough endless amounts of money in with little or no hope of any return on their investment.

I've also no desire to become a rich man's plaything to be abandoned when boredom sets in (already tried that and still have the mental and physical scars).

Who knows what the answer is, but I don't see it changing anytime soon and even when it does I don't think all will suddenly be rosy in the Moss Lane garden.
Much good sense here. I wholeheartedly agree with the point I've highlighted above in particular. Further, any change would only come about if the existing board agreed to it; I don't see anyone forcing their hand; equally I don't see any benevolent benefactor riding to the rescue - and I for one don't want an 'investor' with an agenda, thank you very much.   

Jimmy

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2017, 07:33:58 PM »

Oh I know the board are staying I'm not that naive

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2017, 08:38:49 PM »

There appears to be a common thread on here whereby the Board will surely leave at the end of the season. I see absolutely no evidence that this will indeed be the case. Change is necessary I feel, but I don't think for one second that it is magically going to transpire. Even if it did, I don't see  a merry band of wealthy men on their sturdy steeds riding over the horizon to plough endless amounts of money in with little or no hope of any return on their investment.

I do agree but keep in mind we aren't where we are due to lack of finance. It's down to lack of football acumen. I don't care if we keep the board and appoint additional support with that in mind or make wholesale changes. Either way the board need to reflect on these bad decisions and correct them at board level.

Adding that experience will take time, for now we need to start enjoying watching the football team a bit more. Thankfully that now seems possible.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2017, 09:04:37 PM »

There appears to be a common thread on here whereby the Board will surely leave at the end of the season. I see absolutely no evidence that this will indeed be the case. Change is necessary I feel, but I don't think for one second that it is magically going to transpire. Even if it did, I don't see  a merry band of wealthy men on their sturdy steeds riding over the horizon to plough endless amounts of money in with little or no hope of any return on their investment.

I do agree but keep in mind we aren't where we are due to lack of finance. It's down to lack of football acumen. I don't care if we keep the board and appoint additional support with that in mind or make wholesale changes. Either way the board need to reflect on these bad decisions and correct them at board level.

Adding that experience will take time, for now we need to start enjoying watching the football team a bit more. Thankfully that now seems possible.

It's a good point that a lack of investment is not the only issue
However, it's inconceivable that we could slip to our lowest ever ebb, so soon after selling a player to a Premier League club, and the club just shrugs it's collective shoulders and we carry on as if nothing has happened. Completely unthinkable.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buzz Robbie & Graham