PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shareholding
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shareholding  (Read 10971 times)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Shareholding
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 04:38:03 PM »

The freehold of the ground is owned by Trafford Borough Council.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 06:29:46 PM »

Council's need money too. If a deal was put on the table, they may take it and take a cut. That said, had the council not owned the freehold, I am pretty sure Alty would have gone the way of NVFC and so many others by now.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 09:13:08 PM »

Given that STAR (entry 44 on the register) was deregistered as a legal entity, it would appear that Her Majesty the Queen has 214 shares in the Club.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 09:26:07 PM »

Given that STAR (entry 44 on the register) was deregistered as a legal entity, it would appear that Her Majesty the Queen has 214 shares in the Club.

Altrincham FC, the club so devoted to community matters it forced its owned fans to disband their supporters trust.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »

That's not news, this board and particularly the Chairman gave no respect for the views of supporters.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2016, 09:55:54 PM »

Council's need money too. If a deal was put on the table, they may take it and take a cut. That said, had the council not owned the freehold, I am pretty sure Alty would have gone the way of NVFC and so many others by now.

Yes, I'm often amused by the way people think councils will turn down millions of pounds on the basis that there's a covenant that says there needs to be a football pitch /bowling green / allotment / play area / planted saplings on the site.

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2016, 10:09:05 PM »

given that it is the shareholders who appoint the board and that two of the major shareholders are effectively the board.....cries of sack the board are rather optimistic!

I'm so glad this thread has appeared to demonstrate how difficult it is for new investment to come in.

So many shares held by people for past involvement who probably aren't aware we are bottom of the league...believe me they cling onto their ownership whilst claiming it is a millstone round the neck and allow the club to stagnate.

Ideally we need a band of 5 new shareholders to whom £100k investment each per season is pocket money....they'd have a great time owning a football club.

These people exist......it is the current major shareholders and board's duty to sell the fantastic history and potential at Altrincham FC to them and pass the baton on......or be guilty of holding our club at stagnation point for their own ego.

Ownership of Altrincham FC is a responsibility to the community...not a life time achievement trophy to sit in a bowdon safe forgotten

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 08:11:33 AM »

Ideally we need a band of 5 new shareholders to whom £100k investment each per season is pocket money....they'd have a great time owning a football club.

These people exist......it is the current major shareholders and board's duty to sell the fantastic history and potential at Altrincham FC to them and pass the baton on......or be guilty of holding our club at stagnation point for their own ego.

Well, £100k per annum is a big ask. I think 5 people investing £100k would probably make a massive difference, and there are many many more of these people than those who can afford £100k per annum. Many multi-millionaires have made their money selling a business or inherited. Either way, they have little certainty of future windfalls, and in these days of low interest rates and volatile markets, are generally more concerned with not losing wealth and managing their investment income. Committing to a medium/long term requirement to keep throwing money into your community in a fairly high profile football club. People will be very happy during the period when you put the money in, but if you hit hard times and have to stop, everybody will get to know about it and also the praise will quickly turn to abuse. Also, what the hell do most multi-millionaires know about running a football club? Its a dirty business, its easy to get ripped-off...a very high profile way to burn a lot of cash if you don't know what you are doing.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2016, 08:15:26 AM »

I'd suggest most multi millionaires can handle dirty business tbh

bumble

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2016, 10:26:12 AM »

500k a season would more than match our supposed conference playing budget, according to the wage bracket of 250-500k the NLP had us in.

I've no idea how factually correct that would be. 500k is 12500£ a week for 40 weeks, which woulld be around £750 per week per player for a squad of 18 on top of what we bring in anyway.

Jezza

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2016, 10:45:38 AM »

Plenty of multi millionairres and billionairres locally to whom 100k a year is pocket money.
Ive seen more spent on a halloween party in hale.....these people also have connections in business to whom 25k here 30k there represents a sound investment....
We think small time because frankly the people at the top are small time...

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2016, 10:47:14 AM »

500k a season would more than match our supposed conference playing budget, according to the wage bracket of 250-500k the NLP had us in.

I've no idea how factually correct that would be. 500k is 12500£ a week for 40 weeks, which woulld be around £750 per week per player for a squad of 18 on top of what we bring in anyway.

That budget would probably only be bettered by Fylde in this league and would probably be top 10 in the national

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2016, 11:04:54 AM »

And those top ten in the national are all trying to get into, or back into the football league.

We need to decide what we are aiming for and budget accordingly.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2016, 11:36:27 AM »

And those top ten in the national are all trying to get into, or back into the football league.

We need to decide what we are aiming for and budget accordingly.

I think to be more precise, we need to decide what we are aiming for, and devise a business and investment plan that will allow us to budget accordingly for our targets. Even I know we can't just say we want to be in the football league and Magic up a budget for it

Incidentally, one of my concerns is that without such a plan we will squander (again??) any windfall. Where realistically could any further Duncan appearance related payment go? Or any sell on fee.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2016, 12:04:32 PM »

It's all a bit hand to mouth. I think the conference national is as good as we are likely to manage. Anything higher would require rebuilding three quarters of the ground as well as the team. 
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shareholding