PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The reality
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The reality  (Read 5935 times)

andrewflynn

The reality
« on: December 17, 2016, 05:18:26 PM »

Despite the semantics and the positive news this week, that ninety minutes just brought home the truth - squad with zero ideas and zero playing intent. Not a shot on target that I can remember.

dunhamalty

Re: The reality
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 05:38:21 PM »

We are down, we should start planning for next season. Get some of the players who we want to keep signed up now.

I don't think it's JH or MDs fault, we need to look a Young, he killed us.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 05:43:43 PM »

We held our own for the first ten minutes.

After that we were second best. We couldn't retain possession, we couldn't string passes together and we never got near enough to shoot. The surface was greasy but it's the same for both teams.

Ginrail

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 05:47:36 PM »

We need to stop messing around with interim inexperienced managers, this not a game.  Put someone in place that gives us a chance, I would go with GH.

dunhamalty

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 05:53:07 PM »

We need to stop messing around with interim inexperienced managers, this not a game.  Put someone in place that gives us a chance, I would go with GH.

We are beyond saving now.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 05:56:59 PM »

Stockport are a good, well-organised team with a couple of excellent players - Montrose and Lloyd especially. We tried very hard but we lack quality all over the pitch. I'd say we are 100% down. I can't see us getting the centre backs or centre forwards we need to keep us in this league.

The appointment of Young has proved disastrous.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 05:59:20 PM »

Goodall will be on a decent whack and his legs have completely gone.

Miller needs to be deeper to collect the ball so that he can drive forward with it.

Hobson is still crap.

Lawrie for 90% of the games is a passenger and fanny.

Clayton will be far too slow on the floor.

We always miss Richman's energy.

However end on a slight positive, Hannigan defended like a hero just a shame not all his team mates have that desire.

Ginrail

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 06:02:27 PM »

A good manager with drive and supporr could pull us through, again Rowleys lack of knowledge of football and his in ability to commit leaves about to fall into a black hole. The buck stops at the top by sacking JH he has ducked the issue. DONT LET HIM OFF THE HOOK

dunhamalty

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 06:07:46 PM »

A good manager with drive and supporr could pull us through, again Rowleys lack of knowledge of football and his in ability to commit leaves about to fall into a black hole. The buck stops at the top by sacking JH he has ducked the issue. DONT LET HIM OFF THE HOOK

JH was about as experienced as you get at this level!

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 06:08:07 PM »

No manager in the country could keep us up.

Save as much money as we can, trim the fat in all places, appoint a man with a well vetted plan next year and go again.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 06:15:30 PM »

Stockport are a good, well-organised team with a couple of excellent players - Montrose and Lloyd especially. We tried very hard but we lack quality all over the pitch. I'd say we are 100% down. I can't see us getting the centre backs or centre forwards we need to keep us in this league.

The appointment of Young has proved disastrous.
prior to that we should never have gone down .
ParkINson's red and white army

Hulme Robin

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 06:17:57 PM »

Thought we played ok in the first half - shame about the off side goal. Gary Jones had an excellent game - I think the team were up for it, but getting the ball under control the final third seemed elusive  - Stockport were comfortable in defending the 1.0 lead and waiting for the counter attack. I'm not sure about Hobson. He needs to put in a decent performance soon.

Relegation seems inevitable now, but lets hope we can start turning out some decent performances again.

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 06:28:33 PM »

Hope those players cancelled their Christmas do as well.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 06:54:07 PM »

Notwithstanding all the hyperbole during the week, there were no green shoots of recovery on view from the main stand at Edgeley Park this afternoon.

We managed merely a single shot on target - and that was a tame effort along the ground from distance by Goodall.

There was just so little of quality on display from Alty.

Time and time again, we conceded possession cheaply and yet again we were incapable of competing physically with the opposition.

Densmore spent most of the afternoon giving the ball away and a rusty-looking Clee wasn't much better when he came on.

The 39-year-old Jones looked our fittest player during the opening 45 minutes but rather vanished during the second half.

Miller battled away but had no support.

Lawrie contributed nothing of any value....and I'm not sure that Reeves even managed a touch of the ball after coming on as a substitute!

Minutes after the rather bizarre decision to move McDonald up front, we conceded a headed goal from a cross.

An utterly dispiriting afternoon.

I hope that the players' Christmas night out gets cancelled owing to fog.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 06:58:44 PM »

You can't expect them to cancel it . It may be the only opportunity left for them to score this season ..... ;D
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The reality