News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blyth potential replay information

Author Topic: Blyth potential replay information  (Read 2422 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 05, 2016, 10:32:38 PM »

As per official site

REPLAY ARRANGEMENTS

Should Tuesday night's FA Trophy tie between Altrincham and Blyth Spartans end in a draw, the replay would be at Croft Park on Saturday (10th). The winners of the replay would host Macclesfield Town on Tuesday, 13 December.

I'm sure Oxford United & Macclesfield replay their FA cup tie that night. Would this mean any trophy game would be Tuesday the 20th, assuming the cup takes precedence?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Blyth potential replay information
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 11:08:47 PM »

As per official site

REPLAY ARRANGEMENTS

Should Tuesday night's FA Trophy tie between Altrincham and Blyth Spartans end in a draw, the replay would be at Croft Park on Saturday (10th). The winners of the replay would host Macclesfield Town on Tuesday, 13 December.

I'm sure Oxford United & Macclesfield replay their FA cup tie that night. Would this mean any trophy game would be Tuesday the 20th, assuming the cup takes precedence?

I'm fairly sure that if we play Macc & it goes to a replay, then it will be on Tuesday December 20th.

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 11:17:14 PM »

Sorry to cause problems, but would it not be on the Saturday (17th)? Does it not take precedence over the league? Or am I wrong in that?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 05:45:33 AM »

As per official site

REPLAY ARRANGEMENTS

I'm fairly sure that if we play Macc & it goes to a replay, then it will be on Tuesday December 20th.

Like our own version of 'A Christmas Carol'  Brian. The ghosts of Christmas present on the 17th, the ghosts of Christmas past on the 20th and the ghosts of Christmas future on Boxing Day..😄

roytonmike

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 08:16:53 AM »

Sorry to cause problems, but would it not be on the Saturday (17th)? Does it not take precedence over the league? Or am I wrong in that?
I think the league takes precedence.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 09:11:47 AM »

As per official site

REPLAY ARRANGEMENTS

Like our own version of 'A Christmas Carol'  Brian. The ghosts of Christmas present on the 17th, the ghosts of Christmas past on the 20th and the ghosts of Christmas future on Boxing Day..😄

Don't know about ghosts Pete, but I've a suspicion I'll need a large quantity of spirits by New Year's Night.

The Sound of Silence

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 10:02:51 AM »

I can confirm that if we draw tonight with Blyth or on Saturday with Macclesfield the replay at Macclesfield will be in the week commencing 19th December (presumably Tuesday 20th), as the FA Cup takes priority over the FA Trophy and the League takes priority over the FA Trophy on a Saturday unless it is a scheduled FA Trophy round date. So, for instance, if we draw tonight and win at Blyth on Saturday we would not play Macclesfield on Tuesday 13th or Saturday 17th. If we then drew with Macclesfield on Tuesday 20th, we would not replay on Christmas Eve, Boxing Day or New Year's Day - they might try to slot the replay in in the week between Christmas and New Year (although there is virtually no football scheduled for that midweek yet) or hold it the first midweek in January (possibly the 4th, my birthday!). If the weather intervened and our match with Macclesfield had not been played by Wednesday January 11th, then we would play them on Saturday 14th January because that is the next scheduled F A Trophy Saturday. I hope that makes sense.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 10:32:47 AM »

As per official site

REPLAY ARRANGEMENTS

Very good ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 10:35:36 AM »

I can confirm that if we draw tonight with Blyth or on Saturday with Macclesfield the replay at Macclesfield will be in the week commencing 19th December (presumably Tuesday 20th), as the FA Cup takes priority over the FA Trophy and the League takes priority over the FA Trophy on a Saturday unless it is a scheduled FA Trophy round date. So, for instance, if we draw tonight and win at Blyth on Saturday we would not play Macclesfield on Tuesday 13th or Saturday 17th. If we then drew with Macclesfield on Tuesday 20th, we would not replay on Christmas Eve, Boxing Day or New Year's Day - they might try to slot the replay in in the week between Christmas and New Year (although there is virtually no football scheduled for that midweek yet) or hold it the first midweek in January (possibly the 4th, my birthday!). If the weather intervened and our match with Macclesfield had not been played by Wednesday January 11th, then we would play them on Saturday 14th January because that is the next scheduled F A Trophy Saturday. I hope that makes sense.

This looks 100% correct to me.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team