Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Should fans stick to one forum name in future?

Poll

Should the Forum be changed so that fans have to stick to one forum name in future,..like most forums ?

Yes
- 29 (51.8%)
No
- 22 (39.3%)
undecided
- 5 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: November 15, 2016, 11:17:02 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Should fans stick to one forum name in future?  (Read 13023 times)

Bath Alty

Re: Should fans stick to one forum name in future?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 06:07:07 PM »

As an exile whose only contact with Alty fans is via this forum (I left Alty aged 5 and inherited the supporters affliction from my dad) it would be much easier to get to know people if they would keep the same name.  it's all well and good for those of you who know each other to say you can work out who is who by the style of posts but it's not so easy when you don't have real people to match them too.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2016, 10:24:20 PM »

Although regular users can usually work out who people are, a lot of less frequent visitors do get very confused who people are and their personalities are confused.

The irony of a man who posts under the name "Pukka Pieman" advocating for greater transparency of forum users - so he can keep track of who is/isn't being critical of the board or poking fun at his community project...
If these "less frequent" visitors you appear to have canvassed are more concerned about what username Jamie is using this month than the content of the actual post, then I suggest they give their head a wobble. Unless Sybil Crowther or John Crewe happen to stumble across this forum - in which case, point taken.

I dont keep changing my name. How on earth all these other forums ever work with people just having one forum name defeats me ::)
Oh, and the Community project that has dramatically increased AFC income to everyone's benefit,.. so you're not in favour of it then?
still waiting for you to answer how all this money flowing out of the hall is benefiting the first team
ParkINson's red and white army

Chrissy A

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2016, 12:06:43 AM »

I actually can't believe there are people on here defending what we seen today! We looked more solid defensively? We could have been 5-0 down at half time. Also, 5 of the starting 11 today were Harvey signings. I understand he is limited to who he can get in at this stage of the season but most managers would be lucky to get the chance to bring in 6/7 players in the summer never mind mid season. Drastic changes/improvements needed pronto or it really is time to get ready for the Evo stick.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2016, 04:02:02 PM »

Now that a vote has been taken which was as conclusive as the Brexit vote was, when are the moderators going to change forum rules so that fans have to stick to one forum name?

Wasnt that democracy?

GB Alty

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2016, 04:05:32 PM »

Now that a vote has been taken which was as conclusive as the Brexit vote was, when are the moderators going to change forum rules so that fans have to stick to one forum name?

Wasnt that democracy?
Sorry if 60% on Rowley out isn't conclusive then 51% here is no where near

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2016, 04:31:21 PM »

Wasnt that democracy?

So you agree that Rowley should quit on the basis of a forum vote then?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2016, 04:37:02 PM »

Wasnt that democracy?

No, you may recall that the referendum was a government led initiative.

There's no actual harm or issue caused by being able to change forum names. There's not a single argument on this thread that makes me think it would be worthwhile.

Dare I say it, if we did this, some people may just find other faults with users on the forum with they do not agree.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2016, 01:04:12 AM »

Although regular users can usually work out who people are, a lot of less frequent visitors do get very confused who people are and their personalities are confused.

The irony of a man who posts under the name "Pukka Pieman" advocating for greater transparency of forum users - so he can keep track of who is/isn't being critical of the board or poking fun at his community project...
If these "less frequent" visitors you appear to have canvassed are more concerned about what username Jamie is using this month than the content of the actual post, then I suggest they give their head a wobble. Unless Sybil Crowther or John Crewe happen to stumble across this forum - in which case, point taken.

I dont keep changing my name. How on earth all these other forums ever work with people just having one forum name defeats me ::)
Oh, and the Community project that has dramatically increased AFC income to everyone's benefit,.. so you're not in favour of it then?

Have you always had one forum name on here Ian, or have you ever changed it?

Matt,

As Pukka Pieman has opted not to respond to your question, I'll have the temerity to answer it for you.

Research reveals that his previous user name on this forum was Alty Ian F.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:07:37 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2016, 05:19:59 PM »

still waiting for you to answer how all this money flowing out of the hall is benefiting the first team
tick tock
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Should fans stick to one forum name in future?