News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is Jim working for free?

Author Topic: Is Jim working for free?  (Read 2290 times)

shefalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Is Jim working for free?
« on: November 14, 2016, 08:03:41 PM »

Curtis woodhouse tweeted this a couple of hours ago, he made no secret of the fact he'd applied for the job after Young left.  Seems to fit?

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Is Jim working for free?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 08:27:38 PM »

The fact he got to the final three is scary! His previous track record at a much lower level is poor!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »

Well at least we are saving money as we lose
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bumble

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 10:41:49 PM »

We haven't been mid table for a while

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 12:57:12 AM »

What an arrogant knob this man is? We would have been in the same position if he became manager. He should stick to boxing. He is probably better at that than management.
They really should be beating teams like us

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 07:57:12 AM »

What an arrogant knob this man is? We would have been in the same position if he became manager. He should stick to boxing. He is probably better at that than management.

I think he's made a fair point. Stick to your value. I do think he's wrong if he thinks the club will be calling. I've met Curtis Woodhouse, he's not arrogant in the slightest, a very nice lad, and an extremely hard worker. I just dont think this is the right job for him now. We need someone who is young and has had a load of success at a lower level and never been sacked (yet).

I have to say that i'd be surprised if it was Alty he is talking about. He was applying for countless jobs at the time, and made it clear on twitter.

I very much doubt Jim is working for free or that the club would choose a manager because he is willing to work for free. Jim Harvey will have come highly recommended and stood shoulder to shoulder next to an inexperienced young manager, its a no brainer. Unfortunately it seems so far to have been a poor appointment which not one of us could have seen coming.

Jim's excuses are fast running out. Failure to define a regular way of playing and formation, or to find a way of building a team around non-leagues most prolific striker by now are massive alarm bells.

As others have said, we looked great for the last 25 minutes at Lincoln, and made no attempt to use continuity to gain some momentum.

Cyrus as captain? Reeves on the bench?

One thing I will say, given the above, if Jim is working for free then we can easily let him go. I wouldnt hang around waiting to see if it turns around, it clearly wont. Take the plunge.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 08:18:14 AM »

I realise now that when Jim says we're "very poor" in his post match interviews, he's not talking about the team, he's talking about himself.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is Jim working for free?