PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV - Jim Harvey Post Match Interview
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alty TV - Jim Harvey Post Match Interview  (Read 6896 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty TV - Jim Harvey Post Match Interview
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 08:03:26 AM »

Ray/Mike....apologies for the oversight of missing asking about the formation/choice of captain.

No worries Brian. I realise that their are only so many questions that can be asked in the allotted time.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 08:26:32 AM »

Ray/Mike....apologies for the oversight of missing asking about the formation/choice of captain.

No worries Brian. I realise that their are only so many questions that can be asked in the allotted time.
It may be wise not to interview him for a while the poor bloke is struggling to give us anything new
Come on you red and white........

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 08:38:28 AM »

It may be wise not to interview him for a while the poor bloke is struggling to give us anything new

Maybe interview a couple of the players and ask them "what the hell is wrong with them and why cant you do the basics"

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 08:42:49 AM »

Maybe interview a couple of the players and ask them "what the hell is wrong with them and why cant you do the basics"
good idea
Come on you red and white........

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 10:49:35 AM »

We need to go back to basics and have a shape that everyone is comfortable with. Watching the highlights they should have been out of sight by half time. Poor finishing and Dawber kept us in the game. 

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 10:55:54 AM »

I think some players are simply not good enough for this league. Other teams have a lot better quality of player. I cant see where the goals are going to come from at present. Service for Reeves (when he plays) is minimal and we simply don't have the quality on the wings to provide the service a player of Reeves quality needs. Hobson (if he is still at the club ) is not good enough and Marsh is overweight and not the standard required to challenge in this league.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 12:01:02 PM »

There is an injuries update on the main site. Hobson has a broken metatarsel.

Intriguingly, Sean was OK before he had a couple of injections. Not sure what that means?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 06:53:11 PM »

I'm sure you will have the opportunity in the future.

To be honest in the interviews you are starting to sound apologetic/embarrassed about having to do the interviews. Boy do we need a win.

There was no intention & there is clearly no need to sound apologetic but if that's your perception, then fair enough.

I certainly wasn't embarassed in the slightest by the performance yesterday. Salford deservedly won & 2-0 was a fair scoreline but I was quite pleased with the effort put in at 2-0 down to claw ourselves back into the game & I thought that there were some good individual performances. Overall my views of the game were fairly well in line with the Salford City website report:-

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/salfordcityfc/news/solid-salford-too-much-for-alty-report-interviews--1720859.html

Brian,

I would attribute that impression to the fact that Salford City effectively declared when they went 2-0 up (and their superb No. 10 Haughton had been substituted).

I suspect that if had they needed to have won that game 4-0, then they would have gone on to do so quite easily.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 09:23:34 PM »

I'm sure you will have the opportunity in the future.

To be honest in the interviews you are starting to sound apologetic/embarrassed about having to do the interviews. Boy do we need a win.

There was no intention & there is clearly no need to sound apologetic but if that's your perception, then fair enough.

I certainly wasn't embarassed in the slightest by the performance yesterday. Salford deservedly won & 2-0 was a fair scoreline but I was quite pleased with the effort put in at 2-0 down to claw ourselves back into the game & I thought that there were some good individual performances. Overall my views of the game were fairly well in line with the Salford City website report:-

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/salfordcityfc/news/solid-salford-too-much-for-alty-report-interviews--1720859.html

Brian,

I would attribute that impression to the fact that Salford City effectively declared when they went 2-0 up (and their superb No. 10 Haughton had been substituted).

I suspect that if had they needed to have won that game 4-0, then they would have gone on to do so quite easily.

I would not disagree with any of  that but maintain that at least we kept on plugging away, which hasn't always been the case this season.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:26:19 PM by Brian Flynn »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV - Jim Harvey Post Match Interview