News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bower, Boshell & BPA

Author Topic: Bower, Boshell & BPA  (Read 2442 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Bower, Boshell & BPA
« on: November 14, 2016, 09:04:01 AM »

3 wins out of their last 4, and now only 3 points from safety.

I assume location played a big factor, but its certainly no less upsetting how the right managerial appointment can make all the difference.

On a separate note, I'd love to see Bosh's record (playing & coaching) at this level.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bower, Boshell & BPA
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 09:26:51 AM »

BPA may not have won a game before playing us, but they've been consistently losing by narrow margins all season. What I'm saying is that although Bower and Boshell have done a reasonably good job, they had some half decent players to begin with. The team Jim inherited at Alty was getting drubbed every week. It's almost as if Neil Young went out of his way to recruit the worst player possible for every position.

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 09:43:07 AM »

Not actually true. The last game before Harvey's appointment was an encouraging 2-2 draw with now 3rd placed Chorley. We had also drawn with now 2nd placed Darlington, now 4th placed Halifax and lost narrowly to now 6th placed Kiddy

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 05:46:32 PM »

As much as it pains me to say it, we've gone worse under Harvey. Give him the next 4 games and then make a decision. If we, as I suspect, lose all four then the board need to decide whether there is anybody out there that they feel could do a better job with the current squad. If they decide not and stick with Harvey then Id start immediate planning for next season in the Evo Stick in January. Play youth team players with potential and sack off those players that are not going to be there next season.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 06:13:59 PM »

As much as it pains me to say it, we've gone worse under Harvey. Give him the next 4 games and then make a decision. If we, as I suspect, lose all four then the board need to decide whether there is anybody out there that they feel could do a better job with the current squad. If they decide not and stick with Harvey then Id start immediate planning for next season in the Evo Stick in January. Play youth team players with potential and sack off those players that are not going to be there next season.

I was thinkiing the same today. I put Densmore and Moult incharge.

Desperately depressing times
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 09:30:41 PM »

I agree completely with both of the above posts.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bower, Boshell & BPA