News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I said another newport and I stand by it

Author Topic: I said another newport and I stand by it  (Read 3617 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 23, 2007, 11:25:17 AM »

Just yuo watch these wankers go bust in september once we're already underway in the tinpot league

From This is Lincs says that "Boston United's unpaid players have grave concerns the club will not live to see next season, according to midfielder Stewart Talbot. Senior members of the Pilgrims' squad will quiz chief executive Barrie Pierpoint on a number of issues, including their wages, which are three months overdue, and the plans of takeover consortium Standing Alone Limited. Skipper  Paul Ellender, defender Mark Greaves and goalkeeper Andy Marriott will attend the meeting, while Talbot is in regular contact with the Professional Footballers' Association. 'We're not just concerned about whether our wages are going to be met, we're worried whether the club is even going to survive - that's the biggest issue', explained Talbot. 'Nothing seems to be happening, but enough is enough - we want some answers'... Pierpoint admits the current situation is unacceptable and is looking forward to meeting the players for the first time tomorrow...'Things aren't progressing as quickly as I would like', admitted Pierpoint. 'However, I expect things to become a lot clearer by tomorrow'".

Red N White Dynamite

Re: I said another newport and I stand by it
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 11:46:21 AM »

Surely if they are unable to give assurances that they can last the season they will be kicked out at the AGM?

teasybeaver

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 12:22:28 PM »

If I had any confidence that the conference would do the right thing I would be certain that they'll be out on their arses after the AGM. Even if it doesn't mean a reprieve for us I dont see why they should allow them the chance to do the inevitable. I still think there's a chance for us and I dont care how it comes, but its very slim.

Does anyone think that a reprieve in June would be too late and we'd stand no chance of staying up? I'm not sure how it will impact us, or if the club have any contingency for it?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 12:26:25 PM »

I think now we've got all the squad to re-sign for next season, we'd be ok with one or two additions, you couldnt put a cig paper between the bottom 9 or 10 sides last season,and considereing some of the sh*te thats been promoted, Im sure we'd be have enough to stay up.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 12:27:08 PM »

It certainly would put us at a severe disadvantage. I have it on good authority that had we known our fate earlier last year we'd have signed John Grant before Aldershot had the chance. There are Conference players being released left right and centre at the moment and a lot will be snapped up quickly. We are not in a position to do so and would therefore only have the "leftovers" to choose from.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 12:29:39 PM »

I've always found that our signings come during pre season though.  A lad comes downs, released by Crewe a couple of years back, has been in Essex doing a pottery course and now lives in Bowdon.  Looks awesome then joins Morecambe.  That kind of thing.

There will be plenty of players to go around and last seasons squad without the deadwood would keep us up with a couple of additions.

malcolm

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 12:42:25 PM »

Don't you think next season could be a bit weaker with the teams entering being far worse than the teams leaving. Droylsden and Farlsey celtic Torquay compaed to dagenahm and Morecambe, southport and Torquay

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 12:45:55 PM »

I think Farsley will be the surrise package next year. They won't challenge at the top but I reckon they'll be very good at home. They also seem to have plenty of money behind them to strengthen the squad.

Droylsden will be no pushover but I think they'll go down in the end.

Salisbury and Histon I have no knowledge of so I can't say. However, I don't see why the league shold be any weaker than it was last year in all honesty.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 12:54:42 PM »

Farsley will be this seasons St Albans, they'll be adrift by at least ten points
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team