News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Greetings from Salford

Author Topic: Greetings from Salford  (Read 2252 times)

TangerineDream

Greetings from Salford
« on: November 06, 2016, 07:18:20 PM »

Really looking forward to our - Salford's - game at Moss Lane this coming Saturday not having been to your ground for very many years. I remember going to your place via train - now the Metro of course - when I used to live in Stretford with a load of mates from secondary school when the likes of Sandbach Ramblers, Crewe Alex reserves, Tranmere Rovers reserves and Kirkby Town provided the opposition along with Wigan Athletic and Macclesfield Town. Genuinely saddened by your current plight and hope that you - along with the other North West clubs - manage to steer clear of the relegation zone and manage to get some points on the board sooner than later but not obviously at our expense!

A couple of questions though. Is the Salford support likely to be segregated or will there be changeover at half time - or does the singing  home support stay put in one end for both the halves?

Cheers. Yours in football ...................

bumble

Re: Greetings from Salford
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 07:19:24 PM »

I sincerely hope its segregated

TangerineDream

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 07:23:58 PM »

I sincerely hope its segregated

Any particular reason why although I do tend to prefer it myself when inside the ground so that a decent atmosphere can be generated by either set of supporters when all congregated together instead of being spread all over the place. Having said that I guess we'll be given the open end!  :'(

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 07:41:14 PM »

Depends how many you bring Tangerine. TBH our stewards aren't the best so if you bring more than 20 fans the board will sh*t themselves and segregate it.

TangerineDream

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 08:07:16 PM »

Depends how many you bring Tangerine. TBH our stewards aren't the best so if you bring more than 20 fans the board will sh*t themselves and segregate it.

LOL  ;D  If that's the case then I would suggest we'll only be bring about 12!   ;)

Being serious though I'll be bitterly disappointed if we don't bring at least a couple of hundred or so.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 08:11:49 PM »

LOL  ;D  If that's the case then I would suggest we'll only be bring about 12!   ;)

Being serious though I'll be bitterly disappointed if we don't bring at least a couple of hundred or so.

I hope so pal,always good to see a decent away following and makes the atmosphere better.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 10:30:34 PM »

You get your own pub too. Away support welcome in the King George which is  200 metres behind the away end.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Greetings from Salford