PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Through thick and thin.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Through thick and thin.  (Read 7468 times)

mase

Re: Through thick and thin.
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 11:09:28 PM »

Total respect and kudos to all the Alty fans who made the trip today and who still plan to get to Lincoln next week; for what looks like a trip for a total hammering. Under the circumstances perhaps the board should look at paying ticket and travel costs of the most loyal fans for today's latest instalment and for potentially having to endure next week?

After following today's match I honestly can't see where we are going to get our next point from so for you guys to keep following is unbelievable.

I thought JimH was the right man to try and dig us out of our current hole, I still do ..... I think. But he needs the help and support of the board to get him exactly who or what he asks for,  if not I can only see one direction for us, we're virtually rock bottom as it stands and the hole only seems to be getting deeper.

Bath Alty

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 11:15:14 PM »

I couldn't believe how bad we were today.  Can we play our defenders up front next week - they are brilliant at finding space in the box miles away from any opposition players.

Also bemused by Heathcote coming on ahead of Reeves when we were chasing the game.

Quality of the game summed up by a Worcester player being offisde from a free kick given for offside

Cain looked lively when he came on - no end product but I'd take lively over most of what we saw today. 

I can't get to many games from this far south and to have it effectively over after just 10 minutes was really disappointing - 4 hours in the car for that today............

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 08:13:15 AM »

bumble

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 10:37:53 AM »

I'll be going Lincoln as it's the first round of the cup and who knows when we will reach it again

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 12:33:00 PM »

I'll be going Lincoln as it's the first round of the cup and who knows when we will reach it again
First qualifying round next season?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2016, 02:56:43 PM »

First qualifying round next season?

That's a very salient point.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Through thick and thin.