PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where does the line get drawn?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Where does the line get drawn?  (Read 13011 times)

York Alty is back

Re: Where does the line get drawn?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 10:26:17 PM »

You can't blame the manager.

Exactly this.

Really? He's had seven weeks and had no discernible impact whatsoever.

Give the bloke a chance!! He inherited a squad of utter sh*te and like GolfRoader says he's done amazingly well to win any games!! I'm already resigned to going down but I fully believe that Jim Harvey is the man to rebuild us and bring us back stronger.

Snap. If he is willing to stay on.

old alty fan

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 10:26:34 PM »

Sods law we will knock Lincoln out of the cup.

brinners

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 10:28:02 PM »

Lincoln could play their youth team and beat us.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 10:28:10 PM »

Sods law we will knock Lincoln out of the cup.

No we wont
Full time and proud of it

mortlakebob

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 10:31:26 PM »

On hols so didnt see it but the moment i saw a moult and goodall pairing in the middle i feared the worst. Both hopelessly out of form and chronic lack of pace. But judging by bench, very few options. Im really surprised cain hasnt been given a chance though tonight. Something different out wide. Maybe he hasnt impressed enough at training but hes our best young prospect since watmore and he hasnt been given a go. Not quite sure how bad it has to get to let him try and ignite something. I dont blame Jim but please no more post match interviews which tell us there are no positives to take out of the game and that we are not good enough. We can tell u that Jim! We were totally outplayed by matlock in the first half too, and were terrible in first half at stalybridge so we never were much improved we just stopped shipping goals for a fortnight. So these defeats are not a shock sadly. Its a horrible combination of existing players on the decline and new signings not good enough mixed in with a terrible run of injuries. Only 4 starters tonight were signings by last manager which shows how dreadful his recruitment was. goodall has been v poor and i think he needs to be let go sadly. Still hope for patterson and cyrus. Miller looks v average too but at least he makes goals from nothing so he has to stay.

York Alty is back

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 10:31:35 PM »

Happy if we did but there is no escaping the fact that we are a proper fecking shambles.

arnald

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 10:34:22 PM »

We won't be Lincoln

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 10:35:41 PM »

Shambolic....Cyrus needs to f*ck off he's utter rubbish! Guy doesn't no how to do the basics! Cain needs to play totally lack any width at all far too narrow! A squad which lacks talent in every area.

DavidP

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 10:39:21 PM »

Altrincham FC proud member of the evostick league

GB Alty

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 10:52:57 PM »

JH is clearly not the main culprit but his first basic task with this team (which is mixture of disheartened and substandard players, I agree) was to get them organised, committed and hard to beat. I think we should be seeing signs of that by now but we are not.
Harvey absolute crap, get him out now - worse than Young, we actually going backwards under this idiot

Panic appointment by a desperate board

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 10:58:01 PM »

Hearing tonight the Watmore money is here and ready to be invested. Might be Jim
Harvey's toughest gig yet, but for me we need a new midfield. Starting with a Scouse steakhead, we've never been the most vocal of sides in recent years,but there just no talking and no heart. We are on life support and it will take major surgery just to keep us in this league. And for all the times I keep getting slapped down. Nows the time to fully open the doors and ask the "community" for something back. We need local investment from those that have embraced the club. I don't drive a Bentley 4x4, but plenty of those having their offspring looked after for a 1/4 of the price they would elsewhere do.Get them on board, stop being to proud. Shout loud for help in the press, we're bottom of the conference north

York Alty is back

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 11:03:06 PM »

How much cash does that mean Oi?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 11:09:08 PM »

JH is clearly not the main culprit but his first basic task with this team (which is mixture of disheartened and substandard players, I agree) was to get them organised, committed and hard to beat. I think we should be seeing signs of that by now but we are not.
Harvey absolute crap, get him out now - worse than Young, we actually going backwards under this idiot

Panic appointment by a desperate board
ha ha.  Who was the last manager you actually rated ? I didn't think anyone could cheer me up tonight you did thanks  
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:10:45 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

GB Alty

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 11:09:29 PM »

Hearing tonight the Watmore money is here and ready to be invested. Might be Jim
Harvey's toughest gig yet, but for me we need a new midfield. Starting with a Scouse steakhead, we've never been the most vocal of sides in recent years,but there just no talking and no heart. We are on life support and it will take major surgery just to keep us in this league. And for all the times I keep getting slapped down. Nows the time to fully open the doors and ask the "community" for something back. We need local investment from those that have embraced the club. I don't drive a Bentley 4x4, but plenty of those having their offspring looked after for a 1/4 of the price they would elsewhere do.Get them on board, stop being to proud. Shout loud for help in the press, we're bottom of the conference north
why is the Watmore money only ready to be invested now, it was over a month ago that we were all wanking over triggering the payment

And whats happened to all these players Harvey had lined up if you listen to his first interview?

The whole think is bollocks, and shame on you for falling for it again

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 11:11:19 PM »

Obviously that was poor from 1-11, but a few things that are so obvious and easy to change are happening time and again. Why are we playing out from the back with John Cyrus? The lad is a stopper, plain and simple and his job should be just that, not trying to pick passes that are lazy lazy arsed midfielders don't do because they are hiding. We were also second to every loose ball all evening. That comes down to work rate and desire. When you're in a dogfight you need to scrap , some of our lot won't and need to be moved on sharpish.
Watching alty is painful at the moment, we somehow need to get some heart and feeling for the club in the starting lineup.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where does the line get drawn?