PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We want Nicky back campaign
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: We want Nicky back campaign  (Read 39815 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: We want Nicky back campaign
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2016, 07:11:45 AM »

sad news nicky is not resigning,but thanks to the board for letting us know.
Harold

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2016, 07:46:20 AM »

The choice was to say what happened and keep people informed or remain silent and keep them in the dark. The facts are what they are. Some clubs have wealthy backers, and that's fairly well known, so we're not exactly showing our hand or revealing something that isn't common knowledge. One of the main criticisms of late has been a lack of communication from the top, but this was a well-intentioned attempt to let everyone know why the widely-shared hope Nicky might return to Alty won't be happening. Much as the message wasn't what we wanted to hear, I would have thought the insight and openness might have been welcomed, rather than ridiculed.
John I don't think its the press release that is an issue , its the content, very saddened by how far we have fallen, don't blame the BBC for the situation in Syria
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2016, 08:03:24 AM »

Another PR disaster.

Can we really demonstrate our lack of ambition any more than admitting defeat to Harrogate?

I don't see your point here, Harrogate are a team with a very high budget. This has been known for years

We are down on our luck. Fans are hurting. I'm sorry, money or no money I don't want to be told that we can't compete with Harrogate.

taxi Phil

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2016, 08:25:44 AM »

Another PR disaster.

Can we really demonstrate our lack of ambition any more than admitting defeat to Harrogate?

I don't see your point here, Harrogate are a team with a very high budget. This has been known for years

We are down on our luck. Fans are hurting. I'm sorry, money or no money I don't want to be told that we can't compete with Harrogate.

You shouldn't need to be told.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2016, 09:30:43 AM »

Another PR disaster.

You shouldn't need to be told.

True

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2016, 11:48:07 AM »

Homeless Worcester city paying a fee to move a winger halfway down the country whilst we're not even competing on wages

http://www.worcestercityfc.com/news/city-bring-in-winger-from-halifax-town-1716952.html

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2016, 01:08:12 PM »

Massive miss not getting Nicky back, certainly his signature was there on a plate for us but we blew it. As they used to say at the start of Shameless, "the truth is out there". Expect Nicky to come back here with Harrogate and tear us a new one!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2016, 02:34:14 PM »

The well heeled Spa town 500 in raptures at the news, their Chairman looking forward to the bouquets thrown in his direction no doubt.

http://harrogatetownfc.forumotion.com/t2834-nicky-clee-signs-from-guiseley

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2016, 08:33:22 PM »

Can't say they're over the moon about the signing! Hard not to think about how different the reaction would have been on this forum had he signed compared to theirs. I'm sure Nicky will get use to the gentle ripple of applause when he lays on a goal!

Bath Alty

« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2016, 10:55:39 PM »

I thought it was a very clear account of what happened and the board appear to have done what fans wanted - give Nicky a serious offer he was keen to accept.  They have told us what they are up to which is again what people have been calling for and it has also made clear Nicky still likes us and didn't tell us where to go after being released which I think is important and speaks positively about Nicky, far from accusing him of being a mercenary it presents his decision to accept a bigger wage as a sacrifice he is making for his family, I can't think of a nicer way of putting it given what has happened.

Well done John, excellent work no matter what the toddlers on here think.

and yes I am gutted he is not coming back but the world isn't perfect

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2016, 11:13:42 PM »

I thought it was a very clear account of what happened and the board appear to have done what fans wanted - give Nicky a serious offer he was keen to accept.  They have told us what they are up to which is again what people have been calling for and it has also made clear Nicky still likes us and didn't tell us where to go after being released which I think is important and speaks positively about Nicky, far from accusing him of being a mercenary it presents his decision to accept a bigger wage as a sacrifice he is making for his family, I can't think of a nicer way of putting it given what has happened.

+1

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2016, 08:06:34 AM »

Read it again but substitute the words Nicky Clee with Lee Elsm and then see how it looks.

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2016, 08:17:31 AM »

+1
Thanks Bath Alty and Pukka, two fine upstanding individuals! I respect others are entitled to their opinion but still maintain taking the club to task for being open and honest about a subject of huge interest to all of us was a bit much. Anyway, perhaps time to move on and create a few headlines at Lincoln today. Here's hoping.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2016, 08:31:08 AM »

I tend to agree with Mr Edwards.. 
The "We want Nicky Back" thread has been done to death and it is now patently obvious that we are no longer going to witness Nicky trotting out at Moss lane in an Alty Shirt again.

Its now time to move on and as John states, look forward/hope for betting things from our current team starting today at Lincoln.

I enjoyed the times Nicky played for us and from the brief times I got to speak to him he seemed a genuine bloke, I shall remember him with fond memories and remember his great contributions he gave our football club.

Good luck Nicky at Harrogate..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We want Nicky back campaign