PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We want Nicky back campaign
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: We want Nicky back campaign  (Read 39795 times)

Graham Bennetts Perm

Re: We want Nicky back campaign
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2016, 05:08:07 PM »

If you offer nothing of any value, then you'll get nothing for it.

Try a new share issue, together with a stated aim of a new stadium, capable of sustaining League football, and commercial complex at the proposed Manchester Airport/HS2 transport hub. Then see how many multi millionaires and commercial partners come out of the local woodwork (and elsewhere too)...

Chrissy A

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2016, 05:18:41 PM »

If we have not managed to convince Nicky to come back for playing reasons then that's understandable given the position we find ourselves in at the moment. If it has come down to finances however then we have shot ourselves in the foot as has been mentioned. Not only have we missed out on a proven, top quality player at this level (something we are desperately short of at the moment) but also the lift he would have given the whole club and in particular some of the current players would have been priceless.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2016, 05:36:16 PM »

Gone to harrogate for more money, beyond our means apparently.  By that then I guess our means are lower mid conf north.  Werent the fa cup and watmore money made available for strengthening?
Disgusted
Simon
Bernard Taylors barmy army

brinners

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2016, 05:47:16 PM »

This is truly dreadful news. Nothing left to say really.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2016, 05:59:59 PM »

Gone to harrogate for more money, beyond our means apparently.  By that then I guess our means are lower mid conf north.  Werent the fa cup and watmore money made available for strengthening?
Disgusted
Simon

If it was solely down to £ our failure to get him back puts massive pressure on the Board and JH to come up with some quality acquisitions and quickly. Whatever Harrogate offered we must think it was too much and we can get better value elsewhere. Obvs the big question mark over Nicky was fitness, but he seems to have put that to bed this season - so far anyway. As others have said his return would certainly have galvanised the fans and who knows some of our more established players. At least it wasn't to BPA.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:44:53 PM by JTH »

bumble

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2016, 06:49:08 PM »

What money is Graham putting in?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2016, 07:20:10 PM »

I despair with this club. If ever there was a time when we just go and do the business and get the best left winger in the league and our most creative player in the clubs recent history then it was now. No excuses, just make the deal happen. I expect in another 12 months that we won't be able to compete with Nelson, Mickleover Sports and the like. What a piss take.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 07:27:06 PM by AFC56 »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2016, 07:23:53 PM »

Im guessing it would have broken the clubs wage structure  if we tried to beat or match Harrogates offer, but still gutting
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 07:26:35 PM by Timperley The Best »

Jezza

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2016, 07:33:48 PM »

If you offer nothing of any value, then you'll get nothing for it.

Try a new share issue, together with a stated aim of a new stadium, capable of sustaining League football, and commercial complex at the proposed Manchester Airport/HS2 transport hub. Then see how many multi millionaires and commercial partners come out of the local woodwork (and elsewhere too)...

All we put out is a we're skint desperate for new volunteers to lighten the load...always keen to talk to people who will invest hard earned cash.....

There was a time when the local businesmen used to fight in the court over control of altrincham fc...

Amazing noone wants the millstone round the neck of alty shares...apart from the current shareholdrs...

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2016, 07:38:59 PM »

Im guessing it would have broken the clubs wage structure  if we tried to beat or match Harrogates offer, but still gutting
I dont know but i'd be surprised if its more than reeves is on, even so how much net loss will we make from going down, the opportunity to provide exactly what we need was too good to not break the bank for

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2016, 07:54:53 PM »

from the official site:

CLEE DEAL FALLS THROUGH
John Edwards, joint Press & Media Officer at Altrincham FC, writes...

"Altrincham have done their utmost to bring Nicky Clee back to The J.Davidson Stadium but been forced to concede defeat after Harrogate Town moved in with a counter-offer far beyond the Robins' financial means.

Desperate for proven reinforcements to lift the team out of the Vanarama National League North relegation zone, Alty sprang into action the moment Clee's Guiseley contract ended and drew up a package aimed at luring him back across the Pennines.

Club bosses held talks with him and thought they were on the verge of a significant breakthrough after the talented winger indicated the substantial terms placed before him more than matched his aspirations.

But, just as it seemed his wing wizardry was Alty-bound, wealthy Harrogate flexed their financial muscle with an offer way in excess of the one already on the table to effectively finish the battle for his services.

The fact that Alty's bid was accepted in principle, prior to Harrogate's intervention, underlined it was no token gesture, as the club strives to recruit the signings needed for a push towards safety in the table. With an FA Cup First Round tie at Lincoln looming this Saturday, Alty will redouble their efforts to identify and land the players manager Jim Harvey feels he needs for Vanarama North status to be safeguarded" ENDS

"Far beyond our financial means" is a serious statement when you are 7 points adrift at the bottom of the Conference North, have a competitive budget, are a solvent entity, have c £40 to £50k additional funds and currently average 1,200 at home. We need to get moving and quick!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2016, 08:06:18 PM »

Exactly the point i was trying to make, how on earth could he have been offered in excess of that to go harrogate, priorities is the key, epxecting to see some proper good players soon or we've been sold down the river

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2016, 08:32:50 PM »

from the official site:

CLEE DEAL FALLS THROUGH
John Edwards, joint Press & Media Officer at Altrincham FC, writes...

"Altrincham have done their utmost to bring Nicky Clee back to The J.Davidson Stadium but been forced to concede defeat after Harrogate Town moved in with a counter-offer far beyond the Robins' financial means.

Desperate for proven reinforcements to lift the team out of the Vanarama National League North relegation zone, Alty sprang into action the moment Clee's Guiseley contract ended and drew up a package aimed at luring him back across the Pennines.

Club bosses held talks with him and thought they were on the verge of a significant breakthrough after the talented winger indicated the substantial terms placed before him more than matched his aspirations.

But, just as it seemed his wing wizardry was Alty-bound, wealthy Harrogate flexed their financial muscle with an offer way in excess of the one already on the table to effectively finish the battle for his services.

The fact that Alty's bid was accepted in principle, prior to Harrogate's intervention, underlined it was no token gesture, as the club strives to recruit the signings needed for a push towards safety in the table. With an FA Cup First Round tie at Lincoln looming this Saturday, Alty will redouble their efforts to identify and land the players manager Jim Harvey feels he needs for Vanarama North status to be safeguarded" ENDS

"Far beyond our financial means" is a serious statement when you are 7 points adrift at the bottom of the Conference North, have a competitive budget, are a solvent entity, have c £40 to £50k additional funds and currently average 1,200 at home. We need to get moving and quick!

Well what a disgraceful statement that is.

Given the service that lad has given us over the years (and ignoring the fact we pretty much did our best to cripple him last season) what a way to treat him, we've properly hung him out to dry. The only suprise is that the headline doesnt read "Mercenary joins harrogate".

Notwithstanding this, what sort of message does it send to potential targets? If you don't sign for us we'll go public playing the "poor old altrincham" card? Not to mention we've essentially just shown our hand to everyone else now.

Seriously, who signs off on this sh*t? I despair.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:46:43 PM by Beez »

Frosty

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2016, 08:55:15 PM »

A laughable situation, this club gets worse by the minute

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2016, 08:58:31 PM »

Like Beez, I'm just absolutely perplexed and exasperated by this. Who on God's earth is keen to put out a statement that they've been beaten to a player by another club, any club?

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? Does nobody think about how this looks to fans of our own, never mind other clubs?

I can only conclude we're playing the woe is me card making excuses. Who is doing it and for what purpose I dare say we'll find out by next Monday.

This club doesn't know when to shout from the rooftops and when to keep it's trap shut.

We're weak as piss, run by the lily livered, followed by the wet, on a model that's unsustainable. I've had enough, I've really, really had enough. I absolutely despair.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 09:16:26 PM by Ballers »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We want Nicky back campaign