PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We want Nicky back campaign
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: We want Nicky back campaign  (Read 39794 times)

York Alty is back

Re: We want Nicky back campaign
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2016, 01:15:40 PM »

As a member of the management team, I can asure all supporters that attempts were made to get Nicky back to the club. Unfortunately we can't compete financially with some fellow Conference North clubs in terms of salaries. Much as Nick would have loved to have returned to the club, when significantly increased terms are offered, then "family comes first". Other targets have been identified, but even at our level of football, ££ talks. I can assure all the supporters that efforts continue to strengthen the squad in all areas of the pitch. Hope that clears a few things up.

Appreciated. I admire Nicky for putting his family first. Cap doffed sir.

brinners

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2016, 01:25:42 PM »

How much would it have cost to put a bit of heart back into this club?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2016, 01:35:29 PM »

He has not said "No" to us just yet!

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2016, 01:38:38 PM »

As a member of the management team, I can asure all supporters that attempts were made to get Nicky back to the club. Unfortunately we can't compete financially with some fellow Conference North clubs in terms of salaries. Much as Nick would have loved to have returned to the club, when significantly increased terms are offered, then "family comes first". Other targets have been identified, but even at our level of football, ££ talks. I can assure all the supporters that efforts continue to strengthen the squad in all areas of the pitch. Hope that clears a few things up.

I thought there was extra money available to keep us up? I presume the Watmore add on money was nearer 10k than 100k then? Another kick in the teeth!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2016, 01:42:19 PM »

Many thanks for the update ex-gk. Understandable with regards to nicky. What have those on here that say we don't need any investment got to say? When we are a club that posts four figure attendances, made a profit last season, we're at defcon 2 in footballing terms and we are still getting pied off by village outfits even in these circumstances.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2016, 01:53:47 PM »

He has not said "No" to us just yet!

Care to elucidate?

bumble

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2016, 03:01:13 PM »

If he went to Harrogate or Halifax fair enough, but if we're being outbid by BPA, I'd hope the club would try and match it. It's a double blow if we lose him to them.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2016, 03:11:49 PM »

Halifax say they haven't got a pot to piss in.

I think they might though.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2016, 03:24:43 PM »

Reet upset here, had the cash sorted to be his shirt sponsor when he arrived  :-[

No-one else to sponsor at the moment as Wilko has been sponsored as have the other lads and now Joyce has gone.  I'll have to wait for another Alty favourite to arrive.

So, Bring back Leather Campaign anyone?

roytonmike

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2016, 03:27:24 PM »

I thought there was extra money available to keep us up? I presume the Watmore add on money was nearer 10k than 100k then? Another kick in the teeth!
All that has been said as far as I know about "the Watmore add-on money" is that it was a five-figure sum. £10,000 is precisely that. As with ordinary budgeting, it's always safest to assume minimum figures rather than speculate & enter telephone number territory.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2016, 04:15:55 PM »

All that has been said as far as I know about "the Watmore add-on money" is that it was a five-figure sum. £10,000 is precisely that. As with ordinary budgeting, it's always safest to assume minimum figures rather than speculate & enter telephone number territory.

I'd rather hope that the person doing the budgeting would know the actual figure and not have to contemplate it on the forum.

Although given the last 12 months i'm not sure what to expect. And you're right, we should consider it was 10k, although i'd argue that wasnt worth bragging about in the first place unless you thought it would really make a difference, so far it hasnt.

I'm amazed that we cant compete and attract players if we are 'doing all we can' because surely that would mean we are stretching through the break even point here to give the manager as much room to move as he needs. An extra £100 quid a week for someone til the end of the season? no brainer, just go for it, we can penny pinch some other time when we havent got a squad full of lemons to cart around.

I have a feeling that we might have already spent large chunk of the full seasons budget signing players that wont last the course like a certain foreign import who had no gig and was willing to train with us to get a deal, yet was still mysteriously signed on a 4 month contract, springs to mind.

Regardless of the outcome of this season we need to remember where we are right now and ask some serious questions when we are digesting the catalogue of errors that has led us here. Our mysterious playing budget issues are a big worry, nevermind the big boys of the league, we're now worried we cant even compete with any other team in the league full stop. They arent all bank rolled and they all have better squads than we do!

Jesus???

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2016, 04:37:38 PM »

Some Clubs in this League are owned and bankrolled by multi millionaires. We aren't

An inescapable fact which has significant impact when it comes to recruitment I fear

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2016, 04:43:22 PM »

My "he hasnt said no to us yet" was simply an observation that until its announced that he has joined somebody else he is still a free agent and could still return

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2016, 04:46:27 PM »

What happened to if you can't beat them join them? We cant hardly say we can't try and be competitive or we'll end up like Darlington,Kettering,Rushden, Nuneaton Salisbury, Weymouth. We'll be level or below them all next year
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 04:49:03 PM by Tommy Dickfingers »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2016, 05:00:23 PM »

Some Clubs in this League are owned and bankrolled by multi millionaires. We aren't

An inescapable fact which has significant impact when it comes to recruitment I fear

Some, yes. But not many. We're just making excuses for ourselves. It's an excuse not to be top, or to be in a relegation scrap in the league above. It's no excuse for us to be unable to attract 3 or 4 half decent players who are up for a challenge.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We want Nicky back campaign