News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 David Lynch

Author Topic: David Lynch  (Read 1757 times)

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
David Lynch
« on: October 23, 2016, 09:21:37 PM »

I see on the Halifax forum that they are singing his praises and how he has transformed them. I must admit I was one of his biggest critics as I just couldn't see anything in him but obviously Halifax are getting some good performances from him.

Another thing about him is I think we owe him an apology for having a go at his criticism of his time here. He stated that the established and experienced players had let him and the other new arrivals down. After seeing the performances of Moult, Richman, Lawrie and Goodall yesterday and in earlier games, I think I understand where he's coming from now.

Oh and another thing.....on the Guiseley forum, a fan reporting on their defeat at Forest Green and looking for positives said, "Nicky Clee ran his socks off". Obviously is a bit fitter than our previous manager thought!

dunhamalty

Re: David Lynch
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 10:49:09 PM »

From the Halifax forum he sounds like just the player we need........ I would give so much to see Nicky back at Alty, he seems to be playing most weeks for  Guisley.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 11:02:47 PM »

When I first saw Lynch in the pre-season games, I described him as Simon Richman with a left foot. He'd run all day and tackle people but hadn't got a clue what to do with the ball at his feet. Thinking back a couple of seasons or so, Richman was almost irreplaceable but then it was with good players around him who could receive and pass the wall, thereby making Richman look a good player. Maybe the same is happening with Lynch at Halifax?

brinners

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 07:05:35 AM »

I agreed with Lynch at the time. Not a world beater by any means, but certainly not inferior to anything we've currently got.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 David Lynch