PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup v Matlock
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FA Cup v Matlock  (Read 13682 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: FA Cup v Matlock
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2016, 12:58:17 PM »

We weren't great yesterday and Wilkinson wasn't quite as influential as previous games. Whilst the middle of the park is a concern (Moult is playing far too deep) its the left centre back and left back that are the major problems for me. A good team would have murdered us down that flank yesterday. Alan Goodall has done a reasonable job filling in at the back but he certainly isnt a long term option and Doherty is quite up to it positionally wise at the moment. Jim has done a really good job so far, but we need one or two really good players. Losing Hannigan is a massive blow. He is the best defender at the club by a mile and we look so much better with him in the team. Thankfully he'll be back for the next round of the cup.

Hannigan will miss 3 massive league games though before the FA Cup 1st Round which we could really have done with him being available for.

brinners

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2016, 04:35:32 PM »

Yes very good turn out from them and not too bad from us.

Game wise it was poor. Aside from last 5 min of 1st and and 1st 10 mins of 2nd we were poor. They should have been 3 up before Reeves class finish. Thank you Tim Deasey. The midfiield just can't control game. I hope Moult finds his form ASAP because if not I really fear for our league status.

What Hannagan was doing making that challenge on the half way line at 3-1 up I've no idea. His Altrincham career hasn't been quite what I'd hoped.

Hopefully the lowest ranked team at home or Bolton away in next round.

2 massive league games coming up with 4 points needed.

I agree with this too. Jake and to a lesser extent Simon, have been ineffective all season. It's a huge shame as Jake has consistently been my favourite Alty player.

roytonmike

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2016, 04:49:28 PM »

Game wise it was poor. Aside from last 5 min of 1st and and 1st 10 mins of 2nd we were poor. They should have been 3 up before Reeves class finish. Thank you Tim Deasey. The midfiield just can't control game. I hope Moult finds his form ASAP because if not I really fear for our league status.
What Hannagan was doing making that challenge on the half way line at 3-1 up I've no idea. His Altrincham career hasn't been quite what I'd hoped.
I agree with this too. Jake and to a lesser extent Simon, have been ineffective all season. It's a huge shame as Jake has consistently been my favourite Alty player.
The writer of the report in the NLP obviously went somewhere I didn't +/or was on some kind of jungle juice I haven't tasted. I hope we haven't exhausted our ration of Cup luck just yet - we used up another big portion yesterday. The midfield problem is that we have three players who are unlikely to make a tackle between them (Wilkinson, Lawrie & Miller) of whom Wilkinson has plenty of positive virtues but the other two, despite Miller's goals yesterday, are luxuries at Conf North level - we might be able to afford one but not both. Richman is being required to do all the chasing & challenging & desperately needs a partner in crime. Moult so far this season has been a shadow of what he has been in the past, I fear - a defensive midfielder who isn't doing a particularly good job. Maybe time will be the great healer - but then again, maybe not ...

Frosty

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2016, 06:59:29 PM »

I've been to the last three games and we've won them all!!!! BLIMEY

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2016, 03:04:14 PM »

The writer of the report in the NLP obviously went somewhere I didn't +/or was on some kind of jungle juice I haven't tasted. I hope we haven't exhausted our ration of Cup luck just yet - we used up another big portion yesterday. The midfield problem is that we have three players who are unlikely to make a tackle between them (Wilkinson, Lawrie & Miller) of whom Wilkinson has plenty of positive virtues but the other two, despite Miller's goals yesterday, are luxuries at Conf North level - we might be able to afford one but not both. Richman is being required to do all the chasing & challenging & desperately needs a partner in crime. Moult so far this season has been a shadow of what he has been in the past, I fear - a defensive midfielder who isn't doing a particularly good job. Maybe time will be the great healer - but then again, maybe not ...

You can probably get away with all 3 AMs if you play a 4231 with 2 effective DMs. I genuinely think that Jake and Simon will get there again, given a bit of form and confidence - with Goodall to push them as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup v Matlock