PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 In Jim we trust
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: In Jim we trust  (Read 16037 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: In Jim we trust
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2016, 02:11:31 PM »

V of D, James Lawrie is not an awful player, during the game yesterday he took on a Telford player on the wing and totally wrong footed him, going past him with ease. It was a lovely bit of football that had Alex and I cheering and was a big bright spot for me. Did others see that cos that was another positive?

I agree he can be frustrating to watch, but yesterday he did show some good play and was one of our slightly better players. To just come out and say he is awful like that is unfair - I just want him to be a little more consistant, but he shows flashes of being a very good player. The Macc Town goal showed what he capable of, but yesterday the whole team played badly. I thought the players who played better such as McWilliams (who should never have been taken off) were dragged down by the rest of the squad not performing.

We failed collectively yesterday as Jim said; don't worry we will sort it.

I think I will worry if that's all right with you.

Laurence,

Why not follow my example and invest in a set of these?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/289571941/traditional-greek-komboloi-worry-beads?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_uk_en_gb_d-home_and_living-spirituality_and_religion-religious_jewelry_and_charms&utm_custom1=d7690f85-08a0-49d6-b9aa-d8326ba8d4b8&gclid=CJy539b_8M8CFdVAGwodI1EM3g

It's even better if you can locate a set that were used in Stalybridge in 2011....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

brinners

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2016, 02:37:32 PM »

We need a physical presence in midfield and at the back - we are much too soft at the moment. Gary Jones is out of favour at Southport and as fas as I'm aware Marcus Holness is still a free agent. Yes I know it's short term, but...

I'm a trifle perplexed as to why you are putting so much faith in a player who let us down very badly late last season by means of that asinine sending off against Dover Athletic.

Holness (like many others) let us down last season. I'd have any of them back over our present 'defence' or 'midfield'. Everything is relative and right now we are really abysmal. If perplexed, who would you suggest?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2016, 04:09:55 PM »

I'd have Holness without a doubt,no brainier for me if he's available.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2016, 01:26:29 PM »

Laurence,

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/289571941/traditional-greek-komboloi-worry-beads?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_uk_en_gb_d-home_and_living-spirituality_and_religion-religious_jewelry_and_charms&utm_custom1=d7690f85-08a0-49d6-b9aa-d8326ba8d4b8&gclid=CJy539b_8M8CFdVAGwodI1EM3g

It's even better if you can locate a set that were used in Stalybridge in 2011....

I can think of another set of beads that at least may give some enjoyment.......for all the good they'll do you may as well just shove 'em up yer arse.....oh hang on.....
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2016, 03:32:27 PM »

Laurence,

I can think of another set of beads that at least may give some enjoyment.......for all the good they'll do you may as well just shove 'em up yer arse.....oh hang on.....
you might be onto something here it may put a few smiles back on faces ...
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 In Jim we trust