PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 flares
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: flares  (Read 23797 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: flares
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 08:31:19 AM »

2 excellent posts by Oi Polloi. Cheshire Cat,you need to get your head from up your own arse and get in the real world,you seem very wet behind the ears for an adult.
With your distorted cretinous views of how the world should be, please tell me you're not old enough to have a vote.

How the world should be? I've given an opinion on not informing to the police,I've hardly ranted on about the world!! Get a grip!!

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 08:32:44 AM »

I have to say we appear to have some right old curmudgeons on this thread.

As pointed out by others the photos of the young lads behind the goal at Vegas last Saturday was fantastic to see, especially given our away record for the last 18 months. I think you have to try and remember yourself at that age, football culture now and in the last few years flares have become a big part of it again. None of these lads will post on here I suspect or even be aware of this and this risks being seen as the old brigade pouring scorn on the next generation of our fans who had a cracking day out supporting us with their mates. This could be handled differently, thanking the lads first for their support (as Jim Harvey did) but then issuing general guidance about flares, informing them of the possible penalties and asking them not to do it in future. The tone for me is overly heavy handed.

Another excellent post!!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 08:54:24 AM »

Let’s just ignore the negative stuff from the club. They are never going to get it right. At least in Jim we have a good manager that acknowledges and appreciates the incredible support given on Saturday. It’s a shame that if the club don’t have positive things to say they don’t just remain quiet. They managed it pretty well when Graham Heathcote was suspended from the dugout for his part in a mass brawl against Torquay a few years back didn't they?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 09:11:26 AM »

I would suggest that if ANY football club is that concerned about this then can I suggest that they install CCTV cameras .

Just for the record, and before the moans of who is going to pay for them,  NO I am not offering to pay for the installation, but as stated at the recent "meet the board/manager" function, people were encouraged to suggest ways to improve things at the football club.  On and Off the field.

I am just suggesting that if the club are that concerned then this would be a solution to stop it in future.

In my eyes, it was just a smoke bomb/flare and as others have said, it was just a bit of over enthusiasm by probably a young fan who Yes should have really known better but Hey Ho he got a bit excited a the sight of an away win (quite possibly his first experience of such a thing).

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 09:12:00 AM »

Well done to all the young lads making a good atmosphere at Alty these days!! lets have plenty more big games with a decent cup run !!!! Onwards and Upwards!!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2016, 09:23:16 AM »

My own opinion on this is that I think the "club" are talking absolute bollocks. Firstly, as identified, it was a smoke bomb and not a flare. Yes it was stupid and i would coherse people in to not throwing one but - hey ho it's happened amongst us going 1-0 away from home in a competition we were yet to win in. As for the FA, it wouldn't be hard to contact them and ask if they have asked for an opinion on this and call the clubs bluff. It was an unsegregated game, we already provide stewarding at ML who check bags etc upon admittance to the ground so as far as the "club" are concerned there's not a lot more they can do, we won't get fined it's a smokesceeen to chastise yet again I'm afraid.

The "club" seem to be one huge PR disaster at the moment. I've put "the club" in inverted commas as it seems when it suits we are all in this together yet at other times there's a massive divide between SUPPORTERS and chairman/directors

bumble

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2016, 09:27:50 AM »

The "club" seem to be one huge PR disaster at the moment. I've put "the club" in inverted commas as it seems when it suits we are all in this together yet at other times there's a massive divide between SUPPORTERS and chairman/directors

I think this is absolutely spot on.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2016, 10:12:14 AM »

FYI

Grimsby Town have been heavily (as in five figures) fined and threatened with Ground Closure Sanctions in the past two seasons because of their fans use of pyrotechnics at away games.

Also, if an incident like a flare/smoke bomb/pitch incursion is included in the Referees report then both Clubs will have an email by 9.00 on the Monday following a Saturday fixture requesting the information referred to.

What a pity the FA don't get off their arses so quick when it comes to sorting international clearance for players.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:41:35 AM by distancetraveller »

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 10:15:29 AM »

The club is responding to the FAs request / demand. They've said they are taking it seriously. If they said anything else it would invite further action from the FA. What they have done is the best they can do to avoid further action against the club.
I'd say the statement is more for the FA than for the supporters. If they said anything else it would attract negative publicity. 
If the FA decide to fine the club without any clear evidence that Alty fans were involved that is the time for us to look for a different response from the club.   

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2016, 10:26:06 AM »

What a joke! Don't see a problem with flares adds to the experience and enjoyment of the game! You see them used daily at football games across the world. Nobody died and it added to the atmosphere. Fair play to the person who threw it on the field. Hope to see more in the future

adzid

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2016, 10:34:44 AM »

Saturday had the best away atmosphere I've been to in years with non stop singing second half. I don't think it's any coincidence it coincided with our first away win in God knows how long. A poxy smoke bomb which we most likely won't get fined for shouldn't be overshadowing this support at all. It's pathetic.

Jimmy

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2016, 10:50:46 AM »

Yes I think the chairman should slag of the fans in the NLP about it,he must've gone a hole month without doing that.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2016, 11:12:20 AM »

There's nothing wrong with having a great time and singing yourself hoarse to celebrate a win, especially an oh so rare away win.

Whether flares and smoke bombs have a positive effect on the atmosphere or not the club have a duty of care towards the spectators that turn up. The FA will make sure the club take their responsibilities seriously which ultimately means fines, CCTV or a police presence at every game.

All of these are costs we can do without. Just because we aren't in the football league doesn't mean we can expect to get away with stuff that would be unacceptable elsewhere.

andrewflynn

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2016, 11:19:31 AM »

I don't think people understand that silence on the matter would speak volumes about Altrincham FC. We've got to at least show that we recognise it as an incident. Whatever your own personal opinions on it are, rules dictate that they are banned and lack of action would display a severe lack of professionalism from the Club.

I've just read through this thread for the first time and it seems people are split down the middle here.

For me, the young adults who frequent away games just need to reign in the new blood as and when it is needed. Some on this thread have come across as pretty prehistoric. I've said it before, but you've been blessed with a generation of fans that have no interest in this sort of stuff. The next one you're seeing now is no different to dozens nation-wide.

They need to be afforded a bit of a licence to support the club in a more adolescent manner, so that they can be given the time to mature into the fans that keep this club going.

Older fans will take them under their wing, no doubt, and hopefully something like this won't happen again.

southerner

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2016, 01:26:34 PM »

It's funny that the only people on the web who seem to be holding Alty fans responsible for this are Blind Bat and others on this forum. The club make no implication whatsoever that they think Alty fans were responsible: they only note that smoke 'flares' were thrown (which is an undisputed fact) and they are asking whether some Alty fans have any information about that. The club also makes it clear that the FA has asked them to do something like this.

For the record, the club's statement on the website is:

"During the Stalybridge Celtic v Altrincham game last week, smoke "flares" were thrown onto the pitch. As a consequence, the FA has asked the clubs for their comments on the incident and to outline their plans to prevent any reoccurrence of such behaviour. Ultimately one, or both, clubs could be charge with misconduct and could be fined. It is therefore important that the perpetrators are identified to minimize the damage to the reputation of the clubs and to minimize the chance of any reoccurrence.
Altrincham FC views such behaviour extremely seriously and, to that end, it is appealing to any supporters who may have information regarding the incident to contact the Club as soon as possible. All information will be handled in the strictest confidence."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 flares