PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Telford
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: AFC Telford  (Read 25199 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: AFC Telford
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 06:38:58 PM »

In terms of the ground being tidy I would disagree personally the huge nettles and sheer drop at the away end is an accident waiting to happen

I suppose it's all a matter of time and money though

However I do have to say this club does some amazing community work that we should all be very proud of and the community hall has been a huge improvement

Plus, the Popular Side is turning into a jungle with all the weeds!

WHY DONT YOU DO IT THEN1!!1!11

Exactly! How many fans attended the ground tidy up days? not many.

Most of us were far too busy at home sending abusive text messages to Neil Young.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2016, 07:25:57 PM »

In terms of the ground being tidy I would disagree personally the huge nettles and sheer drop at the away end is an accident waiting to happen

I suppose it's all a matter of time and money though

However I do have to say this club does some amazing community work that we should all be very proud of and the community hall has been a huge improvement

Plus, the Popular Side is turning into a jungle with all the weeds!

WHY DONT YOU DO IT THEN1!!1!11

Exactly! How many fans attended the ground tidy up days? not many.

Most of us were far too busy at home sending abusive text messages to Neil Young.

let's stop digging up the past and get these weeds dug up ....😂
Come on you red and white........

GB Alty

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2016, 08:48:17 PM »

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm  ;)
Yes the CSH is working well,.... unfortunately having more money doesnt guarantee better players when you have the wrong manager spending it, ie NY.
is that the reason we got relegated then? We were comfortable mid table when in conference national when the CSH opened.

Since it opened the football side of the club has quickly declined, and now we staring at a second straight relegation

Yes the CSH is working well as long as your only interested in off field legacy

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2016, 10:26:05 PM »

The CSH is the one thing that will get certain people at the club the recognition they crave, MBE's, OBE's etc. You don't get those for running a poxy non-league football club.

Baldrick

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2016, 11:29:29 PM »

Out of interest.....

Man Utd make £107m from matchday revenue yet pay Rooney £13m.

Its all from the TV £140m and commercial activities £268m

http://ir.manutd.com/company-information/business-model.aspx

Those who attend the ground on matchday are subsidised by the millions watching on tv and all those buying shirts and other activities.

The obvious answer is stop paying silly wages. In the 70's when football was a million times more enjoyable players often had other ways of earning money. Barry Kitchener the Millwall captain owned a pub in the Old Kent Road (Shard Arms) Mike Summerbee owned a clothes shop, Pat Crerand owned a pub in Altrincham, Alan Hudson had a business interest in a restaurant, even George Best was involved in several businesses and advertised all sorts of tat on the telly.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2016, 03:55:04 AM »

Out of interest.....

Man Utd make £107m from matchday revenue yet pay Rooney £13m.

Its all from the TV £140m and commercial activities £268m

http://ir.manutd.com/company-information/business-model.aspx

Those who attend the ground on matchday are subsidised by the millions watching on tv and all those buying shirts and other activities.

The obvious answer is stop paying silly wages. In the 70's when football was a million times more enjoyable players often had other ways of earning money. Barry Kitchener the Millwall captain owned a pub in the Old Kent Road (Shard Arms) Mike Summerbee owned a clothes shop, Pat Crerand owned a pub in Altrincham, Alan Hudson had a business interest in a restaurant, even George Best was involved in several businesses and advertised all sorts of tat on the telly.

Players do similar now though, so not much has changed in that regard. And I guarantee most of those players you mention were on very good money at the time.

The difference now is that they build up properly portfolios and invest it wisely rather than in fun, vanity based projects that make bugger all money and clean them out even. Bobby Moore a classic example.

taxi Phil

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2016, 09:54:00 AM »

I wonder how many of our squad have a property portfolio or similar ?

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2016, 11:56:16 AM »

The CSH is the one thing that will get certain people at the club the recognition they crave, MBE's, OBE's etc. You don't get those for running a poxy non-league football club.

Thats a very sad, even jaundiced view and you clearly dont know the people involved.
Secondly Alty isnt a poxy club. Are you actually an Alty fan or Jamie in disguise  :-\

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2016, 12:08:31 PM »

Everyone knows you were involved in the terrible design of the CSH Pucka so you're obviously going to defend it to the hilt but Cheadle Hulme Alty and Sausages posts are both spot on.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2016, 12:11:38 PM »

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm  ;)
Yes the CSH is working well,.... unfortunately having more money doesnt guarantee better players when you have the wrong manager spending it, ie NY.
is that the reason we got relegated then? We were comfortable mid table when in conference national when the CSH opened.

Since it opened the football side of the club has quickly declined, and now we staring at a second straight relegation

Yes the CSH is working well as long as your only interested in off field legacy

Jamie
All clubs go through ups and downs on the playing side and we are no exception. But tieing the recent down with the building of the CSH is quite a leap.
You could argue that it diverted attention, I get that, but I was involved and I know it didnt affect the playing side at all in a negative way.

The real reason was, that like it or not, Alty are financially in the bottom few of the National league, we were never mid table after promotion as you suggest, we just about kept our necks above water.
Second season syndrome was always going to be a big concern but the CSH and the income from it was the biggest hope we had of begiining to compete better financially with the money other clubs are paying for the quality of players we need.
The off field legacy, as you put it, is actually the greatest reason for optimism for the clubs future success.

The fact was Sinnott did NOT strengthen the team when we needed to, then he lost his mojo and went, and the club couldnt afford to throw money, that we didnt and dont have, at trying to dig ourselves out. Unpalatable, but true.

Then compounded by the appointment of someone who turned out to be utterly incompetent as a manager, who many, including you approved of.

Please stop all this negative backwards looking stuff and try and accept we need to move forward now, with Jim Harvey and our better club infrastruture, and start climbing back up where we think we should be, ie bottom half of the National League ;)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2016, 12:12:15 PM »

Everyone knows you were involved in the terrible design of the CSH Pucka so you're obviously going to defend it to the hilt but Cheadle Hulme Alty and Sausages posts are both spot on.

Are you trying to live up to your forum name,....  and if its so terrible how come you are joining the walking football next week?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:27:53 PM by PukkaPieman »

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2016, 01:13:38 PM »

I'd play walking football if it was at Alty Leisure Centre and didn't say it was terrible,I said the design is terrible which it is.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2016, 02:26:22 PM »

I'd play walking football if it was at Alty Leisure Centre and didn't say it was terrible,I said the design is terrible which it is.

I have no idea what you are basing these views on, colours? layout ? blocking a few seat views? do you even know what the clubs design brief was.
You seem to be in a minority, everyone else loves it ;)

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2016, 03:02:50 PM »

I've no idea what the clubs design brief was Pukka,all I said was it's a terrible design regardless of what the design brief was.

ad usuram

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2016, 03:14:08 PM »

I've no idea what the clubs design brief was Pukka,all I said was it's a terrible design regardless of what the design brief was.
Please could you elaborate as to why?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Telford