News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New left back

Author Topic: New left back  (Read 4829 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
New left back
« on: October 19, 2016, 11:28:19 AM »

ALTY SIGN LEFT-BACK McWILLIAMS

Altrincham's joint Press and Media officer John Edwards writes: Jim Harvey has bolstered the left side of his defence at an opportune moment by signing 26-year old full-back Andy McWilliams from Bradford Park Avenue, subject to FA clearance.
The Altrincham manager has moved swiftly to fill the gap left by on-loan left-back Josh Doherty's return to his parent club Leyton Orient by snapping up McWilliams in time for Saturday's Vanarama National League North game against AFC Telford United at The J.Davidson Stadium.

McWilliams, who turns 27 on November 5, is available for the visit of Telford and could even face his former club three days later, when Bradford make the trip to The J.Davidson. In an additional boost to Alty's hopes of maintaining their recent revival, he is not Cup-tied and will be available for the FA Cup First Round tie at Lincoln City on his 27th birthday. He was on the bench for the Second Qualifying Round tie with Fylde, but did not appear, as Bradford went out 1-0.

Described as a pacey left-back who can also operate on the left of midfield, McWilliams graduated from York City's youth system and made 26 first-team appearances before going on to play for Guiseley, Stalybridge, Barrow, Harrogate and Bradford. He is well known to Harvey, who is confident he will make a favourable impression and help Alty continue an upturn in fortunes that has included a welcome league win at Stalybridge and three straight Cup victories".

Jezza

Re: New left back
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 11:40:21 AM »

Hope he fits in and makes a difference.

Josh has had some unwarranted stick from the terraces but I think he's been steady and shown a good attitude for a loan player

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 12:01:13 PM »

Im just going to get this out of the way now before all the usual harrassment of a new player starts.

We've signed the 2nd choice left back from the only team thats been worse than us in the league this season.

There, out of the way.

I won't lie, it sets of alarm bells, but lets look at the facts. When he's been on the pitch this season for BPA they haven't been at their worst. Jim Harvey knows his players well and definitely knows what we need. Its October, not a great time to find players. The lad knows this league well and he's now old enough to be considered experienced so he can do a job, which to be honest is more than the highlights from Matlock suggest the previous lad was doing.

We have to trust in Jim, and i'm sure we all do.

Welcome to Alty Andy, put a shift in and help us up this miserable bloody table!!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 12:08:06 PM »

Welcome to club Andy.

Thank you Josh, who I quite liked.
Full time and proud of it

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 12:30:16 PM »

Stalybridge team who beat us 5-1 at Bower Fold in 2011

1. Jan Budtz, 2. Joel Bembo-Leta, 3. ANDY McWILLIAMS 4. Rhys Meynell (capt), 5. Chris Lynch, 6. Jack Rea, 7. Stephen Brogan, 8.GREG WILKINSON , 11. Connor Jennings, 9.PHIL MARSH, 10. Lloyd Ellams. Subs: 12. Callum Warburton, 14. CRAIG HOBSON, 15. Arthur Gnahoua, 16. Mitchell Austin, 17. Tim Ryan

We have a Stalybridge spine!

York Alty is back

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 12:58:44 PM »

Welcome.  Put in a shift, give your best and all you'll be welcomed at Alty.

CONE ON ALTY.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 02:10:56 PM »

Im just going to get this out of the way now before all the usual harrassment of a new player starts.

We've signed the 2nd choice left back from the only team thats been worse than us in the league this season.

There, out of the way.

I won't lie, it sets of alarm bells, but lets look at the facts. When he's been on the pitch this season for BPA they haven't been at their worst. Jim Harvey knows his players well and definitely knows what we need. Its October, not a great time to find players. The lad knows this league well and he's now old enough to be considered experienced so he can do a job, which to be honest is more than the highlights from Matlock suggest the previous lad was doing.

We have to trust in Jim, and i'm sure we all do.

Welcome to Alty Andy, put a shift in and help us up this miserable bloody table!!

Not may people cared when Wilko left,  now he is one of the better players since he came back.

Lets give this new bloke a chance before we start castigating people.

Good luck Andy, work hard and fight for everything and the fans will appreciate your effort.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 02:21:04 PM »

he did have a decent reputation perhaps jim will get the best out of him

York Alty is back

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 02:24:38 PM »

he did have a decent reputation perhaps jim will get the best out of him

He has a skill at that.  I really do have faith in JH.  He knows what he wants and that's good enough for me.

IN JIM HARVEY I TRUST

brinners

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 02:47:37 PM »

Good luck at Alty Andy. I remember that 5 1 reverse at Bower Fold well. I know it was a while ago now, but Stalybridge were awesome that day.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 02:52:14 PM »

Good luck at Alty Andy. I remember that 5 1 reverse at Bower Fold well. I know it was a while ago now, but Stalybridge were awesome that day.

they were and i was convinced they would win the league that season

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 03:01:10 PM »

they were and i was convinced they would win the league that season

...but instead it was won by a Hyde side that contained Adam Griffin, Danny Hall, Gianluca Havern and Ryan Crowther.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 09:26:12 PM »

Welcome to the club and good luck
ParkINson's red and white army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New left back