PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boston - Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Boston - Match Thread  (Read 11268 times)

Chris Fisher

Re: Boston - Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 05:51:17 PM »

On another day Reeves could have had a couple in the first half, I think there were positives today although taking Miller off was a strange decision, when Hannigan returns Goodall can push up into the middle to give us a bit of bite and an experienced head, Moult needs to be rested as at times today he looked lost. Encouraging from Wilkinson he is willing to have a pop. However As all Alty fans know Lawrie is much more effective playing central hopefully the manager can figure out a way to accommodate this.

brinners

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 06:11:20 PM »

We could have played all night and not scored. If that's deserving of a draw, then fair enough.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 06:45:44 PM »

0 - 0 is a draw! We had loads of chances. Damien had a couple he ought to have scored and others he would have scored three or four years ago. There were plenty of attempts on goal and I'm sure we had the majority of possession. They hit a post and talk their best chance well.

I felt a bit more confident about our goalie today. With game time and some more communication with his defence I think he'll be OK.

We just need to find the back of the net.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 07:23:01 PM »

Great effort today and a win was always a possibility. Take the positives that with a fare bounce of the ball and if the opposition had keeper had not been excellent we would have won. Was impressed with Boston too. Onwards and definitely upwards.

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 07:27:00 PM »

0 - 0 is a draw! We had loads of chances. Damien had a couple he ought to have scored and others he would have scored three or four years ago. There were plenty of attempts on goal and I'm sure we had the majority of possession. They hit a post and talk their best chance well.

I felt a bit more confident about our goalie today. With game time and some more communication with his defence I think he'll be OK.

We just need to find the back of the net.

0-0 is indeed a draw. To achieve that scoreline, we need our defence not to open up like the Red Sea and leave Dawber (who was blameless) horribly exposed. Their keeper was outstanding, but our finishing was not of the required standard. Therefore 0-1 is not a draw.

GB Alty

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 07:35:16 PM »

Great effort today and a win was always a possibility. Take the positives that with a fare bounce of the ball and if the opposition had keeper had not been excellent we would have won. Was impressed with Boston too. Onwards and definitely upwards.
Is losing at home to moderate opposition really a great effort?

Onwards and definitely upwards?

We have a long way to go if we're measuring our progress on how many goals we lose by

brinners

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 07:45:49 PM »

I think it's time for Jim to ruffle a few feathers. A few of our more senior players are a bit too comfortable for my liking. Our defence is fragile. Our midfield is too soft. Our forwards are toothless.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 07:47:16 PM »

It was positive effort and in my humble opinion Mr Sausages we played well in parts and could have won, but I guess for those who are a "love to moan type of guy" and take pleasure when we fail those opinions will always head south. Com'on Alty  ;)

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 08:03:42 PM »

Is losing at home to moderate opposition really a great effort?

Onwards and definitely upwards?

We have a long way to go if we're measuring our progress on how many goals we lose by

Yep, that's why I asked. Was really hoping to hear that we were all over them and should have smashed them.

I can take us conceding goals but we have the players to score goals so to hear that being edged by this mediocre sh*t wasn't too bad is not great!

Hopefully though we are slowly getting to be a good side. If we aren't in the drop zone after Boxing Day I'll accept we've progressed but it's really hard to accept that!

Trouty

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 09:16:52 PM »

We could quite easily have won by 2 or 3 goals but didn't having failed to convert any of the many chances created today.

Lawrie had another bad game and fail to see what he brings to the team.

Not sure why Miller was taken off unless he was injured.

Glad to see Wilkinson back as he can pick a pass and knows how to shoot, deserved man of the match today.

A lot more positives than negatives from todays game but need to start turning this into 3 points

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2016, 09:19:30 PM »

We were allover them. The play was at least 60-40.

We had ay least five times as many chances as Boston but couldn't do anything with them.

By usual standards I thought the ref was excellent today.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2016, 09:22:13 PM »

I'm not Lawries biggest fan but thought he was OK today. No worse than anyone else. Sometimes he really is awful but today I thought he did OK.

York Alty is back

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2016, 09:42:12 PM »

I went to the Harrogate game and todays. Despite losing today we were much improved with more shape and balance.

My brother said all game that there was a goal in the game, it could have been for us as easily as them.
Play like that V Celtic and BPA and we'll get at least four points. At least.

Onwards to Morpeth first.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2016, 11:19:10 AM »

Bitterly disappointed not to at least get a point from yesterday. Much the better footballing team, just couldn't convert any of numerous chances.

Thought they were your typical team in this lead, basically rubbish with 2 big men up front.

Miller had a good game, although needs better decision making, and I'd like to see him and Cain on at the same time.
Full time and proud of it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2016, 03:12:44 PM »

Bitterly disappointed not to at least get a point from yesterday. Much the better footballing team, just couldn't convert any of numerous chances.

Thought they were your typical team in this lead, basically rubbish with 2 big men up front.

Miller had a good game, although needs better decision making, and I'd like to see him and Cain on at the same time.

I'd be inclined to give Boston a trifle more credit.

Their pace troubled us down both flanks; their goalkeeper looked very solid and in Marshall and Agnew I thought that they had two capable midfielders who supported their forwards well (Agnew squandered the best chance of the first half when he chipped wide with only Dawber to beat).

I regard Sean Miller as being one of the few positives from Neil Young's legacy but things just didn't seem to come off for him yesterday.

I have to say that I thought that Damian Reeves looked ponderous and also lacked speed of thought yesterday, particularly when failing to get on the end of a couple of decent crosses that were delivered into the box. An afternoon to forget for him.

Not impressed in the slightest by Hobson.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Boston - Match Thread