News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blyth v Morpeth highlights

Author Topic: Blyth v Morpeth highlights  (Read 3690 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Blyth v Morpeth highlights
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 09:32:21 AM »

Some of Blyth's defending there is an absolute horror show. I'd hope we would not afford that amount of time and space.

GB Alty

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 11:22:05 AM »

Some of Blyth's defending there is an absolute horror show. I'd hope we would not afford that amount of time and space.
its no worse than our defending this season? Fearing the worst Morpeth will put us to bed

brinners

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 11:49:43 AM »

I think there is little doubt that their two strikers will cause our defence a lot of trouble. Hopefully we'll just outscore them!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 01:09:30 PM »

Northern League teams are always difficult to gauge. They invariably include players who are easily capable of playing further up the pyramid but don't want to commit most of their Saturdays to travelling to and from the North East. I think it goes some way to explaining the regular success their teams have in the FA Vase.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 02:17:51 PM »

Northern League teams are always difficult to gauge. They invariably include players who are easily capable of playing further up the pyramid but don't want to commit most of their Saturdays to travelling to and from the North East. I think it goes some way to explaining the regular success their teams have in the FA Vase.

True - Robbie Dale could easily have played further up the pyramid if he'd ever wanted to.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 08:38:50 PM »

its no worse than our defending this season? Fearing the worst Morpeth will put us to bed

Whilst our defending has been less than stellar this season the constant upheaval and injuries have undoubtedly played a huge part. Everyone knows in football a settled defence is a tight one.

On the related note, we are at home to a side 3 leagues below. Judging by some of the comments on here you'd think we are playing Barcelona or something. Yes they will be a tough nut to crack but I fully expect us to win the game, have we gone from going toe to toe with two League 1 sides last season in the Cup to fearing a Northern League side in the space of 10 months?!

GB Alty

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 08:54:23 PM »

Quote from: Sarf London Alty lopic=21739.msg253854#msg253854 date=1474400330
, have we gone from going toe to toe with two League 1 sides last season in the Cup to fearing a Northern League side in the space of 10 months?!
Yes

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 09:05:39 PM »

Main reason for their FA Vase success is that the teams very rarely accept promotion (indeed, for travelling reasons).

Ordinarily, I'd be almost certain of a win over a Northern League side, but now I'm not so sure, what with the way we've been playing. I still think we should win though, as we are getting players back from injury and the ship has perhaps steadied a little.

I saw Morpeth play in the Vase last season when they beat West Didsbury & Chorlton in one of the earlier rounds. Morpeth were 3-0 up at half time but conceded 3 in the second half before scoring a last minute winner. That 45 year old centre half of theirs sure does tire towards the end of a game, as you'd expect. They're not as solid as people might think but they'll be a tough outfit. I predict a 3-2 win for Alty.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blyth v Morpeth highlights