PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gloucester Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Gloucester Match Thread  (Read 19623 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Gloucester Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2016, 08:26:56 AM »

With the clubs that are in the NLN this season, it certainly isnt a million miles worse than the NL.  Its probably the strongest its been since its formation in 2005.
no its not the quality is sh*t, worse than 2005 and many times worse than 2014

That isn't true.

Fylde will probably win the league this year by playing teams off the park, in 2014 it was won by a piss poor Telford side. That tells you everything you need to know about the teams in the league for the 2013/14 season, especially ourselves, because with the squad we had we should have pissed it.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2016, 08:45:55 AM »

The absolute mess we find ourselves in is 95% down to appointing NY, which did not seem a mad decision at the time, and the complete failure of NY in the transfer market. 

Yes but in fairness, at least 75% of this forum were advocating 'get rid of the lot of them' at the end of last season, which anyone who has watched football at any level knows is absolute sheer lunacy. I'm just glad we'll think twice before we ever think about adopting a similar tactic again.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2016, 08:56:00 AM »

Having just listened to the interview by Flynnie with Jim Harvey after the match...  Thankfully Jim realises what a crock of sh*t he has at his disposal and hasn't given the regulation (I thought we played well and were unlucky) quote.

Jim seems to be a realist and that will do for me, he now realises what a job he has and I now look forward to him getting about his tough job and sorting this mess out..

Ive read tons of posts on here about ex managers, players and board members over the last 18 months and for me the problem all stems back to this time last year when we had all those big injuries to key players and basically f**k all was done to rectify the problem of having a smaller squad because of it.

Had that problem been rectified there and then I am convinced we would still be in the National League and all this bollocks we are now witnessing would not have taken place,

I will be at Nuneaton tomorrow and I sincerely hope plenty of you folks can get there if for nothing else but to support Jim Harvey..

rant over

Jimmy

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2016, 09:03:41 AM »

The absolute mess we find ourselves in is 95% down to appointing NY, which did not seem a mad decision at the time, and the complete failure of NY in the transfer market. 

Yes but in fairness, at least 75% of this forum were advocating 'get rid of the lot of them' at the end of last season, which anyone who has watched football at any level knows is absolute sheer lunacy. I'm just glad we'll think twice before we ever think about adopting a similar tactic again.
how many of Ken mckenna's relegated side got us promoted? also even if some of last seasons side were good enough the last game of the season when they put no effort in the Braintree game made fans want to see the back of them.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2016, 07:13:09 PM »

As Mike rightly points out, fan base size generates income....hence one would expect the Halifaxes and Darlingtons of this world to have a higher income stream and more financial clout than the Stalybridges and (unfortunately) Altrinchams.

I've observed before that our expectations of regular National League football are overly optimistic. And whilst the current mess in which we find ourselves is unacceptable on any number of levels, we will do well to avoid the drop this year.

Maybe we can get back to trying to punch above our weight by 2019.

All the whingeing and complaining won't help a jot....unless we know of somebody who wants to throw obscent amounts of moolah at us we'd better all grit our teeth and accept the situation. And trust in the board, because they're all we've got.

Is that a serious comment? Really? Trust in the same board that has got us in this mess and the same board that goes to the national press slagging off it's loyal supporters??!!

See the words "all we've got" please. Unless you can magic up a whole new board ?

I saw the words "all we've got" but that doesn't mean they should be trusted. That's like saying my wife's cheated on me but she's all I've got so I need to trust her.

York Alty is back

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2016, 07:15:31 PM »

As Mike rightly points out, fan base size generates income....hence one would expect the Halifaxes and Darlingtons of this world to have a higher income stream and more financial clout than the Stalybridges and (unfortunately) Altrinchams.

I've observed before that our expectations of regular National League football are overly optimistic. And whilst the current mess in which we find ourselves is unacceptable on any number of levels, we will do well to avoid the drop this year.

Maybe we can get back to trying to punch above our weight by 2019.

All the whingeing and complaining won't help a jot....unless we know of somebody who wants to throw obscent amounts of moolah at us we'd better all grit our teeth and accept the situation. And trust in the board, because they're all we've got.

Is that a serious comment? Really? Trust in the same board that has got us in this mess and the same board that goes to the national press slagging off it's loyal supporters??!!

See the words "all we've got" please. Unless you can magic up a whole new board ?

I saw the words "all we've got" but that doesn't mean they should be trusted. That's like saying my wife's cheated on me but she's all I've got so I need to trust her.

Got another board?  If not, we have to work with what we've got  until if / when another board is in situ.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gloucester Match Thread