News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey Interview

Author Topic: Jim Harvey Interview  (Read 3289 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Jim Harvey Interview
« on: September 08, 2016, 09:48:24 PM »

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/headline.htm

Great to hear someone talking about a Plan for getting in the football league and the possibility of going full time at some point. Must be two decades since we heard someone talk us up. It might be unfeasible at present, but that's what we're all here for at the end of the day. And he's spot on about malaise setting in when you tread water. I've always watched this club home and away with burning ambition to see them play in the football league. It might be a long way off, but hallelujah that it's even up for debate once again.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Jim Harvey Interview
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 10:09:19 PM »

Good interview, nice to hear he has a reputation to get his strikers back scoring

Also glad to hear he isn't in to wholesale changes, just as and where necessary, we've had enough of those to last a while.

I'm feeling optimistic again.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 11:04:22 PM »

Great interview. If you think that Braintree and Dover got in the Conference Play Offs last season then there's no reason why we can't aim for those heights either. Go on Jim.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 11:53:55 PM »

I really like what I hear. This is what I have been saying all along, take it is stages and grow slowly and steadily over the next few years. He has a plan, and I am right behind both it and him. This is one of the most uplifting interviews we have heard in ages.

Take your time, Jim cos however long it takes we will all be right behind you. We do not expect miracles straight away, we know it will take time, but it's hopefully going to be a hell of an exciting ride.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 05:29:58 AM »

I'm looking forward to the day when I look at a fixture like we have on Saturday at Gloucester and don't  think "  I don't fancy us to get anything there "

Very good interview, but I don't want to get carried away with this as I seem to remember most on here bring similarly optimistic when NY was appointed and he made a good first impression and said all the right things. We know how that story ended. Having said that, he seems to be very level headed and his vast experience should help us enormously. He seems to have the tactical nous we have been missing and plays within the limitations of his squad --  rather than just chuck numbers at it and hope he stumbles across a lucky combination.

Surely our first win can't be far away!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 05:42:17 PM »

Flynny does his best Elton Welsby routine in an in-depth interview with Jim Harvey here:

https://soundcloud.com/radio-robins/interview-with-new-altrincham-manager
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

mortlakebob

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 08:30:14 PM »

Clear and concise assessment of the situation he inherits which is pretty brutal at the catalogue of problems created by his predecessor.
Cant say he is tip toeing around the issues. I would go as far to say every single player is playing for their Alty future in the next month.
Im not saying mass clearout. Thats more chaos. Im saying there could be a surprise or two if he makes an instant decision even on the 7 or 8 players we think are the rocks to build on. Hes the biggest no nonsense manager since John King. I cant say ive ever warmed to him as a man when i see him interviewed, but right now i dont care cos hes the best bet to drag us out of this even if it takes him to April to do it.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 05:00:24 PM »

Hopefully todays result will spur him into action.

It needs sorting without delay....its not jims fault what he has inheritted...

Maybe he needs to listen to the fans...we were ignored on tolsons appt and apparently ny was doing a good job...build on the good parts and eliminate the sh*te that is not good enough for alty...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jim Harvey Interview