PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clear out begins..
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Clear out begins..  (Read 13688 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Clear out begins..
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 12:48:35 PM »

Has Hobson been injured? I thought he was rubbish in one of the early games. He came on and only seemed interested in trying to win a foul. No hint at any other kind of skill at all.

Then against Chorley he completely changed. Strong enough to withstand challengers from defenders and provide service to Reeves. It could be a good double act if they develop an understanding. Certainly looked more promising than Sinclair.

ripleym

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 01:00:10 PM »

I thought Hobson looked a different animal to preseason when he came on against Chorley.  He chased stuff down, was strong as already mentioned, had a couple of chances which he created for himself and the work to put in that cross for Reeves was top draw.  He and Sam were our biggest threats from set pieces second half.

Hopefully a sign of things to come from him, as opposed to just playing for a contract with the new manager watching.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 01:52:42 PM »

Think it's easier to say who we should keep. I know this isn't enough to make a team but these are the only players who I believe are good enough and/or care about the future of Alty;

Deasy, Patterson, Hannigan (jury's still out as haven't seen enough of him), Moult, Reeves, Lawrie, Miller, Richman, Cain and, maybe, Joyce.

I wouldn't lose a wink if the others went, if we had suitable replacements, as I don't think that they're either good enough or care enough.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 02:00:20 PM »

Think it's easier to say who we should keep. I know this isn't enough to make a team but these are the only players who I believe are good enough and/or care about the future of Alty;

Deasy, Patterson, Hannigan (jury's still out as haven't seen enough of him), Moult, Reeves, Lawrie, Miller, Richman, Cain and, maybe, Joyce.

I wouldn't lose a wink if the others went, if we had suitable replacements, as I don't think that they're either good enough or care enough.

I despair, I really do.  It's as if the Neil Young tenure didn't happen.  It's not time to get silly again.

Comfortably add to the above list - Cyrus, Heathcote (as he's on contract maybe loan him out), Richman and Goodall.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 02:13:41 PM »

I despair, I really do.  It's as if the Neil Young tenure didn't happen.  It's not time to get silly again.

Comfortably add to the above list - Cyrus, Heathcote (as he's on contract maybe loan him out), Richman and Goodall.

Please don't despair.

I didn't start the thread.

Richman's in my list.

Relax, we're all entitled to our opinions hence why there's a forum. Let's not get confrontational eh?

One Love.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2016, 02:55:22 PM »

Please don't despair.

Richman's in my list.

Relax, we're all entitled to our opinions hence why there's a forum. Let's not get confrontational eh?

One Love.

Sorry I just start hyperventilating at the thought of any more new faces  :o  (a proper left back would be good though Jim...)

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 02:59:00 PM »

Please don't despair.

Richman's in my list.

One Love.

Sorry I just start hyperventilating at the thought of any more new faces  :o  (a proper left back would be good though Jim...)

I get where you're coming from. What about a tricky winger aswell eh? ;)

brinners

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 03:01:15 PM »

I think D.I.M's list is not actually too far away from my list. Add Hall to it and yes, it's about right.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2016, 03:38:07 PM »

I think D.I.M's list is not actually too far away from my list. Add Hall to it and yes, it's about right.

I do still definitely think there is potential in Cyrus, and Goodall's experience is priceless. You can get rid of the rest though  ::)

Frosty

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2016, 04:00:20 PM »

Very impressed with hobson very chorls, what do you reckon babs

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2016, 04:15:48 PM »

Hmm, Goodall..,

Just wondering how he'll fit in now. He looks a nice calm player but, again seemingly like 60% of the bloody squad, he's not fit and tires badly. Whether this is through the knock he picked up a week or two ago, a conditioning issue or even a longer term one, it's not quite happening.

I know people say we knock it about but we need to harden up a bit here. I wonder if Harvey will go for more bite and legs in centre mid. Who that could be I'm not sure as even an athlete like Richman doesn't look match fit or indeed football fit.

We're not able to close down together. Both Chorley goals came from chasers not being backed up (1st Reeves, 2nd Miller). Not enough bite in midfield and probably hanging a bit deep as our defence keeps getting skinned.

You might not want more players but I think Harvey will need them. There's problems everywhere I look.

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2016, 04:18:07 PM »

yeah have to get rid of heathcote hes gash....ship him out on loan.

roytonmike

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2016, 04:35:08 PM »

Re Goodall - I quote from the 'Therapy Talk' section of Tuesday evening's programme: "Alan Goodall has recently started a new career outside of football as well, this has seen an adjustment to his daily patterns. Little things like this can impact on performances until the change over has been adapted to, work, family, training & management." Sometimes reading the programme can be useful ...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2016, 04:52:09 PM »

Re Goodall - I quote from the 'Therapy Talk' section of Tuesday evening's programme: "Alan Goodall has recently started a new career outside of football as well, this has seen an adjustment to his daily patterns. Little things like this can impact on performances until the change over has been adapted to, work, family, training & management." Sometimes reading the programme can be useful ...

Hmm, not quite sure that explains him being dead on his feet after an hour.

Jimmy

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2016, 04:54:40 PM »

People are having a go at who Young shipped out,that wasn't the problem it was the replacements
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clear out begins..