PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

Author Topic: Rowley Programme notes  (Read 61500 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Rowley Programme notes
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2016, 08:44:13 PM »

@SamElliott_NLP

Here the chap on twitter who wrote the article, I am asking him is his article not slander without any evidence?

Sam.elliott@greenwayspublishing.co.uk

Stop looking for someone to blame. Journo just doing his job. Bet he couldn't get that article typed up quick enough.

In fairness, he's quoting the chairman of a  football club. He should expect to be able to take his word at face value here.

It's not the journalism I find staggering to be honest.

andrewflynn

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2016, 08:45:36 PM »

@SamElliott_NLP

Here the chap on twitter who wrote the article, I am asking him is his article not slander without any evidence?

Stop looking for someone to blame. Journo just doing his job. Bet he couldn't get that article typed up quick enough.

In fairness, he's quoting the chairman of a  football club. He should expect to be able to take his word at face value here.

That's what I was getting at mate.

GB Alty

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2016, 08:55:25 PM »

@SamElliott_NLP

folks, I have tonight been in conversation with Sam Ashton who wrote the artical

To be honest he didn't have a great deal to say - but he did assure me that 100% every word in it came from our chairman. He didnt feel the need to confirm anything with Neil Young, if there is any slander well it's our chairman's words
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:58:16 PM by Barbara Pig »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2016, 08:56:00 PM »

There is an article next to that one hy the same journo suggesting Curtis Woodhouse would be perfect for the job because he wouldn't be bullied by internet trolls as Young was. The chairman has done a job on his own club, not sure what he was trying to achieve but the PR disasters are stacking up.

Jimmy

« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2016, 08:58:18 PM »

@SamElliott_NLP

folks, I have tonight been in conversation with Sam Ashton who wrote the artical

To be honest he didn't have a great deal to say - but he did assure me that 100% every word in it came from our chairman. He didnt feel the need to confirm anything with Neil Young, if there is any slander that would be the responsibility of our chairman
its not slander as it wasn't against any individual but it's certainly a lie.

Bath Alty

« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2016, 09:01:10 PM »

how can you possibly know that for sure?

brinners

« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2016, 09:15:14 PM »

Whether he made it up or not (and I don't think he'd do that), the whole thing is just falling apart and somebody has to answer for the complete mess we find ourselves in. For me, that's the chairman.

arnald

« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2016, 09:21:39 PM »

No one has said  anything  real bad against any one
I sang what the f was going on when we were 3, 1 down to curzon
This forum will continue despite strange chairman making it difficult for us

Bath Alty

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2016, 09:41:15 PM »

but if the 'bad thing' was said to NY's mobile we wouldn't know about it would we?

I don't think a couple of bad managerial appointments is enough to warrant calling for the chairman to stand down.  Those claiming someone else could do it should remember the old adage:

This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done

brinners

« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2016, 09:43:17 PM »

Or, life could just go on.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2016, 09:50:56 PM »

but if the 'bad thing' was said to NY's mobile we wouldn't know about it would we?

I don't think a couple of bad managerial appointments is enough to warrant calling for the chairman to stand down.  Those claiming someone else could do it should remember the old adage:

This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done

1. So what happened when the previous people before now left?

2. No business has ever been taken over by anyone else, as per the example above.

Again, complete lazy bollocks.

Bath Alty

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2016, 09:59:40 PM »

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I'm just saying that assuming it will all be OK is a risk that I don't feel is worth taking

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2016, 10:00:16 PM »

Surely the way to resolve this issue is for any fans who have an issue with the chairman has said, is  to see if he would meet them to discuss the matter privately or maybe have an open meeting to discuss this and any other club matters?
This is such an important time for the club to get the right manager in, to get the improvement on the pitch which everyone obviously wants.
Then a line can be drawn and hopefully the chairman, board and fans can unite and try and achieve what we all want, a decent team on the pitch.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2016, 10:25:45 PM »

I am very surprised, disappointed and saddened with the Chairman's notes. That was not the forum to start slagging off supporters. I have not seen any personal remarks regarding family members on twitter or this forum. Though I hope the Chairman has contacted the authorities, or at least spoken to those responsible.

I am really at a loss as to why these comments would be made to the non-league paper. It makes the club look pretty poor. Surely, our biggest attendance of the year would have required a more welcoming and appreciative tone, given that we havent won yet, however over 2355 turn up?

To say the whole board were supportive of Young is remarkable. Ive never seen such a poor & embarrassing showing. Yet, most of the players have improved with some decent tactics. It was quite clear that Young had to go after the Curzon game, although we haven't picked up any points, the performances have been better.

There is no doubt that Grahame and the Rowley's have done lots for Altrincham over the years. However, if they left tomorrow, their legacy will remain and someone else could bring in a much needed bond between all supporters. I do feel sorry for the Chairman, as you cannot please everyone all the time. However, looking where we are now, compared to last year or the year before I can easily see why some supporters are very upset. I fear that that there will be a division between some supporters and the Chairman, given the appetite for rounding the wagons and lashing out at those who dare to question the logic of some illogical decisions.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2016, 10:35:23 PM »

With regards to very serious allegations of abuse I think the chairmans comments are correct, I only hope the police are involved. Quite why the NLP is I don't know?

The really concerning part for us the fans who aren't responsible for the abuse is this:

He said, 'To be absolutely clear, we had total confidence in Neil turning around what perhaps wasn't the best of starts to the season. We are all well aware the size of the task facing us to get back into the National League...

Perhaps wasn't the best? We are on a direct flight to Ossett Albion, it's an absolute disaster! Just stay away from the press and get a new manager in to sort the mess out so we can forget this sorry mess!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes