PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Author Topic: Rowley Programme notes  (Read 61509 times)

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Rowley Programme notes
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2016, 07:31:43 PM »

[/quote]all the more reason to email the NLP as I'm suggesting?
[/quote]

I see no good coming of taking this further - even if the allegations are incorrect (and we cannot be entirely sure what did or did not happen elsewhere) it will reflect badly on the club and fans as it could draw further attention to something that, for fans elsewhere, will be quickly forgotten.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2016, 07:34:51 PM »

Reading this article if this has happened where some fan(s) have got hold of Neil Youngs mobile number and given him abuse, then Graheme Rowley is totally justified in what he has said. Thats totally out of order despite what has happened on the pitch.

GB Alty

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2016, 07:39:42 PM »

Reading this article if this has happened where some fan(s) have got hold of Neil Youngs mobile number and given him abuse, then Graheme Rowley is totally justified in what he has said. Thats totally out of order despite what has happened on the pitch.
Do you think it's true?

Incidentally that isn't the full article, it doesn't mention the bit where Neil Young dosen't confirm the story

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2016, 07:40:22 PM »

Indeed, it is.

However, as yet, there has been no evidence presented that the alleged troll(s) is/are incontrovertibly a supporter/supporters of Altrincham FC.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

andrewflynn

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2016, 07:40:38 PM »

Bollocks. Contacting the authorities and dealing with the situation behind closed doors is totally justifiable. Going to the NLP just to air it out is not.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2016, 07:49:17 PM »

Anyone thought that it could be stockport fans making mischief? I wouldnt know where to start to get hold of a manager's phone number

GB Alty

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2016, 07:50:50 PM »

Anyone thought that it could be stockport fans making mischief? I wouldnt know where to start to get hold of a manager's phone number
shouldn't the chairman of thought that before he went to the NLP?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2016, 07:56:43 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there are a lot of people who would happily chuck the baby out with the bath water.

Whatever the feelings about recent managerial appointments, and team performance, if we lost our current chairman, the support of his family, and various other board members, THAT would be the death of this club.

Who else would do half the things they do around the ground; anyone on here?

Someone else...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »

I was very deliberate when I said "a lot of people".

There is a very shortsighted view by people on here.  Get rid of the chairman and/or board, but who is waiting in the wings to continue financing this club and doing all the jobs they do?

The thing is though Mike, this is complete bollocks. And people buy into it without putting any thought into it. Yes, the Rowleys and the board do a lot, fair play, but what would actually happen? The club would close because no ones there? Rubbish.

There's no one waiting directly in the wings because why would there be for a club that isn't for sale? Do you expect investors to sit at the bus stop on Moss Lane on the off chance that one day the club will suddenly be up for sale? Totally different thing than if they could takeover.

And as for financing the club, the board our their hands in their pockets but not to the extent it's irreplaceable.

Financing is what Ben Robinson does at Burton or Andy Pilley at Fleetwood.

I'm amazed anyone swallows it. When people leave, others come in.

Ffs.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:03:58 PM by Ballers »

GB Alty

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2016, 08:05:10 PM »

@SamElliott_NLP

Here the chap on twitter who wrote the article, I am asking him is his article not slander without any evidence?

andrewflynn

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2016, 08:08:29 PM »

I was very deliberate when I said "a lot of people".

There is a very shortsighted view by people on here.  Get rid of the chairman and/or board, but who is waiting in the wings to continue financing this club and doing all the jobs they do?

The thing is though Mike, this is complete bollocks. And people buy into it without putting any thought into it. Yes, the Rowleys and the board do a lot, fair play, but what would actually happen? The club would close because no ones there? Rubbish.

There's no one waiting directly in the wings because why would there be for a club that isn't for sale? Do you expect investors to sit at the bus stop on Moss Lane on the off chance that one day the club will suddenly be up for sale? Totally different thing than if they could takeover.

And as for financing the club, the board our their hands in their pockets but not to the extent it's irreplaceable.

Financing is what Ben Robinson does at Burton or Andy Pilley at Fleetwood.

I'm amazed anyone swallows it. When people leave, others come in.

Ffs.

Great post, very reasonable.

nidgo

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2016, 08:19:54 PM »

Someone should hold their head in shame,the state the clubs in at the moment, and its not the supporters.

southerner

« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2016, 08:29:06 PM »

I have never posted before and people are entitled to their opinions but I think it is wrong in the extreme to post individuals' email addresses and encourage, implicitly or explicitly, other people to pester them.

I would add that for it to be slander then someone specifically has to be slandered by it, which is clearly not the case in this article - the slander has to damage someone's reputation.

andrewflynn

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2016, 08:35:02 PM »

@SamElliott_NLP

Here the chap on twitter who wrote the article, I am asking him is his article not slander without any evidence?

Sam.elliott@greenwayspublishing.co.uk

Stop looking for someone to blame. Journo just doing his job. Bet he couldn't get that article typed up quick enough.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2016, 08:41:28 PM »

@SamElliott_NLP

Sam.elliott@greenwayspublishing.co.uk

It's not like the NLP to get anything wrong is it?

Stop looking for someone to blame. Journo just doing his job. Bet he couldn't get that article typed up quick enough.
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes