PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Rowley Programme notes  (Read 61537 times)

York Alty is back

Re: Rowley Programme notes
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2016, 04:57:19 PM »

Those who buy The Non-League Paper will no doubt have read pages 4 & 5 of today's edition.

And the gist of it was?
Young gunned by trolling culture is the headline. The article is an interview with Grahame Rowley
Heavens. I think the six nil humiliation had lots to do with Neils demise. That and the following abject performances with no sign of improvement.

Right - from now on I'm maintaining a positive line. The only way is up.

COME ON ALTY.

GB Alty

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2016, 05:30:18 PM »

Interesting that Young was going nowhere had he not quit:

"The chairman says there is absolutely no truth in the suggestion Young jumped before he was pushed and the club were right behind their manager"

"To be absolutely clear we had total confidence in Neil turning it around"

"We as a board were shocked and saddened to hear of Neil's decision on Sunday"

That has to be enough, the chairman needs to leave immediately, we're becoming the biggest laughing stock in British football. Everyone I know is very unhappy about this

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2016, 05:38:25 PM »

Interesting that Young was going nowhere had he not quit:

"The chairman says there is absolutely no truth in the suggestion Young jumped before he was pushed and the club were right behind their manager"

"To be absolutely clear we had total confidence in Neil turning it around"

"We as a board were shocked and saddened to hear of Neil's decision on Sunday"

That has to be enough, the chairman needs to leave immediately, we're becoming the biggest laughing stock in British football. Everyone I know is very unhappy about this

They are VERY worrying quotes from the chairman! Total confidence in a man that totally destroyed the playing side of the club! How are we supposed to trust the current chairman to make the correct decision when appointing a new manager when he thinks Neil Young and before him Neil Tolson did a good job?! Very worrying times for a club who's football team sems to have taken a back seat to the community side of things. Maybe it's time for Grahame to step aside to concentrate on the community side of the club and hand over to someone who's more interested in the football side of it?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 05:42:20 PM by Blind Bat »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2016, 06:16:17 PM »

I can only assume this abuse is coming over Twitter or Facebook or whatever other medium than the forum because I haven't seen any personable abuse to NY or the chairmans family in recent months let alone days. If he thinks it's forum stuff that's bad then it's rotten eggs from him because nobody ever makes unfounded criticism on here, even when it's harsh.

On the other hand if it's genuine awful abuse on Twitter, and it does happen, then he's right it's shameful and he should out it all on Twitter or whatever or report it. However using the program notes to make vague statements that sound out a large % of the fan base is a bit daft and more evidence that the club needs help in communicating.

Exactly.

Take the matter further, report it to the police and thereby initiate the procedure of identifying the culprit(s).

I'm afraid that the chairman appears to have a very poor grasp of PR and would certainly benefit from some assistance in that area.

As for his increasingly divisive and embarrassing programme column, I can only echo Leon's observation earlier in this thread that some humility from the chairman wouldn't have gone amiss, along with an expression of gratitude to the supporters for remaining loyal under the very dispiriting circumstances of the last six months.

In fact, I'm not sure that we have ever even witnessed any written apology for the Board's catastrophic promotion of Neil Tolson to caretaker manager back in March, which precipitated our descent into this current malaise.

I assure the chairman that I can easily get insulted for free without having to pay £2.50 for a copy of the Robins Review for that particular privilege!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 06:18:50 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

ripleym

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2016, 06:18:19 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there are a lot of people who would happily chuck the baby out with the bath water.

Whatever the feelings about recent managerial appointments, and team performance, if we lost our current chairman, the support of his family, and various other board members, THAT would be the death of this club.

Who else would do half the things they do around the ground; anyone on here?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2016, 06:31:40 PM »

I never suggested he should quit. What I said was maybe he should concentrate his efforts on the community side of the club that him and his family excel at and let someone who is more focused on the football team take over that side of things.

ripleym

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2016, 06:35:45 PM »

I was very deliberate when I said "a lot of people".

There is a very shortsighted view by people on here.  Get rid of the chairman and/or board, but who is waiting in the wings to continue financing this club and doing all the jobs they do?

GB Alty

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2016, 06:38:34 PM »

I was very deliberate when I said "a lot of people".

There is a very shortsighted view by people on here.  Get rid of the chairman and/or board, but who is waiting in the wings to continue financing this club and doing all the jobs they do?
have you read the NLP today Mike? If so what do you think?

andrewflynn

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2016, 06:44:52 PM »

If people have actually done that to Neil Young then its horrible, and it needs dealing with through the authorities. I'd like to see proof of it though to be honest, I'm not entirely sure I believe it. If you're public enough to go to the NLP and discuss it then you can surely disclose some more information via the club's information streams.

Every supporter of this club was entitled to an opinion on Young and the vast, vast majority were negative ones. That's a fact. For many the bottom line was the Fylde defeat, but watching Curzon Ashton dicking around with us was when he had to go.

The article now makes it clear that they were going to stick with him, had he not retired. So its also clear that the opinions of fans and board are completely at odds. Again.

There was absolutely no need for our chairman to go to a national newspaper and air that in public. Its extremely unprofessional, and in my personal opinion it comess as though he set out to shame the entire fan base because we had a different opinion to them.

Well, you've not shamed anyone Grahame, you've just alienated the vast majority of supporters who've been going home and away for over a year only to be served up the same old, ambition lacking garbage.

I'm not entirely sure what I want. The positives that SemiProTog highlights are ones that I completely understand and appreciate, but there has to come a time where negatives start to outweigh them... And with so many sensible, passionate fans feeling utterly fed up... That time could be now.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 06:46:48 PM by @wearealty »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2016, 06:45:48 PM »

I never suggested he should quit. What I said was maybe he should concentrate his efforts on the community side of the club that him and his family excel at and let someone who is more focused on the football team take over that side of things.

I agree, but whose going to appoint someone to take care of the football side of things? The same board? We'd be whole lot better off if the board publicly stopped backing themselves. You only learn from the mistakes you accept you made.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2016, 06:50:11 PM »

If people have actually done that to Neil Young then its horrible, and it needs dealing with through the authorities. I'd like to see proof of it though to be honest, I'm not entirely sure I believe it. If you're public enough to go to the NLP and discuss it then you can surely disclose some more information via the club's information streams.

Every supporter of this club was entitled to an opinion on Young and the vast, vast majority were negative ones. That's a fact. For many the bottom line was the Fylde defeat, but watching Curzon Ashton dicking around with us was when he had to go.

The article now makes it clear that they were going to stick with him, had he not retired. So its also clear that the opinions of fans and board are completely at odds. Again.

There was absolutely no need for our chairman to go to a national newspaper and air that in public. Its extremely unprofessional, and in my personal opinion it comess as though he set out to shame the entire fan base because we had a different opinion to them.

Well, you've not shamed anyone Grahame, you've just alienated the vast majority of supporters who've been going home and away for over a year only to be served up the same old, ambition lacking garbage.

I'm not entirely sure what I want. The positives that SemiProTog highlights are ones that I completely understand and appreciate, but there has to come a time where negatives start to outweigh them... And with so many sensible, passionate fans feeling utterly fed up... That time could be now.

Excellent post!

GB Alty

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2016, 07:17:47 PM »

NLP@greenwayspublishing.co.uk

We should all being emailing them. The article was totally unbalanced, without a shred of evidence and without any sort collaboration with Neil Young

The good reputation of Altrincham fans depends on it, we've been publicly humiliated in the national press
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 07:20:46 PM by Barbara Pig »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2016, 07:20:26 PM »

By the Chairman, not the NLP. Have you read a statement from the Board saying they've been misquoted?

GB Alty

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2016, 07:21:41 PM »

By the Chairman, not the NLP. Have you read a statement from the Board saying they've been misquoted?
all the more reason to email the NLP as I'm suggesting?

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2016, 07:22:23 PM »

NLP article now on Official site if anyone wants to read it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes