PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Rowley Programme notes  (Read 61536 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Rowley Programme notes
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2016, 12:22:27 PM »

Top 8 budget has been mentioned but we don't know if that's the case

Jezza

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2016, 12:33:10 PM »

Having a pop at the fans (who were magnificent yesterday.....far better than the county fans who just made a noise when they scored.....and the alty players were applauded off the pitch for a great effort and much better showing of balance) is as cheap as the fans having a go on social media......

I think I may have called NY a clown and perhaps a football manager imposter I make no apologies.....heard a few county fans at the ground saying how NY had almost ruined them as well.....

I think there was a positive feeling around the club yesterday with lots of support for the club and players.....a few tweaks and a new manager should be easily capable of turning us around.

The last few weeks have been utter shambles.....I look forward to things picking up starting with the right appointment.....we urgently need a manager but it must be the right one

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2016, 02:14:50 PM »

Yesterdays programme notes................

Good afternoon and welcome to Jim Gannon and his Stockport side for this Vanarama National North fixture. A lot has happened over the last week but we must now stand back,appraise the situation and move on.

Firstly my thanks to Alan Goodall,Shaun Densmore and Jake Moult for agreeing to step up to the mark and take control of team affairs after the resignation of Neil Young and subsequent departures of Gary Jones and Simon Garner. I would like to put on record my personal thanks to Neil Young for the way he dealt with the situation. I do not regret employing Neil-he was the best candidate available when we advertised the job and he worked tremendously hard to make things work. Unfortunately things transpired against him with injuries and players not performing to expectations and thus,with dignity,he resigned his post. If,as I was informed that comments on Social Media,to him and his family,were a contributory factor then I think the people involved should hold their heads in shame. The loss of Neil Young(and Liam Watson) is a loss to the game especially when they state that this is the end of their managerial careers. I have not known a harder working "team" for this football club.

The expression "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me"-may be a nursery rhyme and people will say they agree with it but when the words get personal and are directed at family members as well as the person involved they "DO" hurt. Myself and my family have also come in for the social media treatment in recent days and although I've always said I've got broad shoulders and you've got to take the stick when things go wrong if you're prepared to take the plaudits when things are good,it still does hurt especially when you put a much time,money and energy into this football club as my family do. There's only so much that people can stand before action is taken.
Let's hope that the "supporters" of our Football Club can now regroup and get behind whoever is the given the opportunity to move the club forward. The appointment won't please everyone-I can guarantee that-but once the applications have been appraised and interviews carried out the Board will appoint the person who they believe will bring success back to the club. With your support that job will be made easier.

Let's work together as a strong unit-togetherness will always outdo conflict. Together we can put the "heart" back into Altrincham Football Club.

Thank you for your time,

Grahame.

Make of that what you will people

brinners

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2016, 02:24:07 PM »

How can you not regret one of the worst managerial appointments in history? Anyway, water under the bridge now and we move on.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2016, 02:43:03 PM »

Absolutely vital now that the next appointment is the correct one. personally if it takes time to find him then so be it.

Jezza

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2016, 02:58:58 PM »

I might add that if it was the so called supporters letting the man know he should resign that prompted his action then thank GOD....especially if the board were going to let him carry on!!!

Hopefully the support of so called supporters like myself yesterday will also get a mention in the next programme notes.....real feeling of togertherness at the match I thought...

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2016, 03:01:39 PM »

I can only assume this abuse is coming over Twitter or Facebook or whatever other medium than the forum because I haven't seen any personable abuse to NY or the chairmans family in recent months let alone days. If he thinks it's forum stuff that's bad then it's rotten eggs from him because nobody ever makes unfounded criticism on here, even when it's harsh.

On the other hand if it's genuine awful abuse on Twitter, and it does happen, then he's right it's shameful and he should out it all on Twitter or whatever or report it. However using the program notes to make vague statements that sound out a large % of the fan base is a bit daft and more evidence that the club needs help in communicating.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2016, 03:02:25 PM »

Absolutely vital now that the next appointment is the correct one. personally if it takes time to find him then so be it.

"Find him", does it have to be a him?  

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2016, 03:18:34 PM »

Yes

taxi Phil

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2016, 03:35:55 PM »

Can you honestly name a viable female candidate ?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2016, 03:57:02 PM »

Errmmmm.   Yes.... do you you have a problem with the fact that its a bloke?

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2016, 03:58:36 PM »

Why are we a small club compared to stockport ?

I think what you'll find Wayne is that what was said is that are a small "side" (and not a small club) ...meaning that physically we don't match up to Stockport.

roytonmike

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2016, 04:28:10 PM »

Those who buy The Non-League Paper will no doubt have read pages 4 & 5 of today's edition.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2016, 04:37:35 PM »

Those who buy The Non-League Paper will no doubt have read pages 4 & 5 of today's edition.

And the gist of it was?

GB Alty

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2016, 04:54:57 PM »

And the gist of it was?
Young gunned by trolling culture is the headline. The article is an interview with Grahame Rowley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes