PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Rowley Programme notes  (Read 61535 times)

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Rowley Programme notes
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2016, 12:02:54 AM »

Do we have to get a Freedom of Information Act application going to held of the programme notes or is someone got to reveal what all this is about?

Man of Moss

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 12:03:34 AM »

Well said

GB Alty

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 12:10:59 AM »

Hash this whole thread is about the chairmans programme notes, if he hadn't made them then this thread wouldn't exist would it

I asked in the very first post if someone could reproduce them? But still no one has, I have been told that they attack fans, and that we should hold our heads in shame for the way Neil Young was treated. But I have yet to see a full transcript

Maybe you shouldn't be getting involved if you not seen them either? If you have seen why not just share. They can't be that damaging can they?

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2016, 12:27:32 AM »

The fans of this club have been amazing we have suffered a lot

And still singing today

That takes heart and soul
Come on you red and white........

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 12:28:19 AM »

Ps the last 2 Neil's have been a mistake ... fact
Come on you red and white........

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 12:32:13 AM »

Fair enough about the point of origin , maybe I've had enough of the snipping  people are human they make mistakes all this in its entirety seems to be getting way to personal maybe I'll just start taking every chance I can snipping at the haters or maybe I'm completely wrong all in all the whole situation is a mess and all this negativity is pointless it won't archive sh*t
FFS

roytonmike

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 08:21:38 AM »

I may get shot down for saying this - but why not invest less than the price of a pint in buying the programme, thereby contributing income to the club, and read the notes for yourselves?

GB Alty

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 08:33:13 AM »

I may get shot down for saying this - but why not invest less than the price of a pint in buying the programme, thereby contributing income to the club, and read the notes for yourselves?
I always buy a programme, but I wasn't at the game yesterday

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2016, 09:00:47 AM »

I don't think NY got any personal abuse. Plenty of people said he was bloody awful and has ruined the club, which is probably not far off given where we now sit.

I think the chairman is a legend, he's so devoted and he loves the club. He puts everything he has into it, time, money, passion and apparently unbreakable commitment. However, he's made some bad decisions, and he's confounded them by some disastrous decisions regarding communication between the club and fans. I think he needs some help in the job in front of him. As B Pig said we've lost 5 on the bounce in a regional league, if we keep on like this we'll be in the unibond with crowds of 600 every week and slim hope of getting back here nevermind the conference national. I think it's time we reviewed who is on the board helping make all these awful bloody decisions because the next big decision is too important to get wrong.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2016, 09:43:03 AM »

I read the program notes - I throw the program away after each game else would gladly type some of what was said...his comments were probably aimed against this forum, unless something is going on at Facebook or Twitter that I do not know about.

I haven't seen anything too personal about families on here over the years, so not sure if his comments were 100% accurate. What I did think as I read it is that, being the Chairman of a football club is a fairly high profile position. You take such a role knowing that in the good times you will be a local hero and in the bad times....well, we all know what happens. So, if you do not like the social media scrutiny that is now part of the job, then don't take it. The thing with Social Media is that a small % of comments are inevitably harsher than they should be (some are more positive than they should be). So...its life..get over it.

I have never posted anything negative ever about the chairman, a manager, a player or any family members. I do, however, reserve the right to slag anyone off at the club as long as it is not libellous - although I do think family members should be off-limits unless they also invite media attention. I can understand why any person in a high profile position  doesn't like any negative comments...but it just comes with the territory and complaining about it almost invites more abuse.

brinners

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 09:59:51 AM »

Brilliant post nimeta.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 10:37:02 AM »

I would suggest we may be better off rallying round the club and it's board; and all pulling together to trying to put this club back where it belongs. Nobody denies things have not yet worked out for us this season. Several times during the game yesterday, I thought we were not a million miles from where we want to be. Compared to Stockport, we are a small side, our strength is playing football in a passing game on the deck. Stockport play a different game of lofted balls to their bigger players, which sucked us into their way of playing, particularly towards the end. I thought some our passing moves yesterday were very good. I thought Harry Cain was excellent when he came on; and I'll tell you what, I would rather watch our style of play than Stockport's long high balls forward.

I know I'm the eternal optimist but I took a lot of positives from the game yesterday. Sam is young an inexperienced but I think we should all be patient with him. If I was GH, I would be blowing my top at some of the remarks on here. Give him a chance, he is young and as yet inexperienced, but I believe he will some good.

Sorry but I read Graham Rowley's notes in the programme, and I think some of the criticism is unfair on someone who with his family, live and breathe this club. We have had many personnel changes since last season, but are now showing signs of improvement, we just have to be patient. I did not expect what happened this season so far under Neil, and I was as enthusiastic as over fans where. Maybe things would have improved under Neil, but the risk became too great and he had to go.  

Lets look onwards now, and be glad of the sings from yesterday, we have started by bringing back Tim Deasy, the next step in the emergence of Harry Cain, an exiting player with a good future for us. This is our club, lets rally round the board, new management and players, and especially the likes of Jake, Shaun and Alan - we are getting better lads.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2016, 11:51:26 AM »

Why are we a small club compared to stockport ? We must have a similar budget ?

And don't kid your self things would have got better with Neil he has done more damage to this club then I have ever witnessed in 30 years
ParkINson's red and white army

brinners

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 12:08:56 PM »

I was thinking the same thing about Stockport. I'd be surprised if their budget was significantly greater than ours. They were certainly little better than they were last time we were in this league.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2016, 12:12:06 PM »

I agree it will be a bit bigger but we are putting ourselves down if we think we are small
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rowley Programme notes